Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2014 NFL Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
r_sayle wrote:
So Baltimore just traded back into the draft to get campanaro from wake forest

Interesting to say the least. I wonder what the reason was for that. Not sure where there's room for Campanaro on the roster right now tho either.

He's a slot guy, so I'd say this puts Deonte Thompson on notice. The Ravens coaches have talked that guy up and he's never delivered (be that his fault or theirs, for not putting him on the field), so I guess he's going to need a good TC.

Campanaro has been on the Ravens' radar for a long while, I think. Didn't they have him in for a visit, too?

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
r_sayle wrote:

Interesting to say the least. I wonder what the reason was for that. Not sure where there's room for Campanaro on the roster right now tho either.

We could use a shifty slot receiver. A lot of us had him going to the Ravens. I think we keep 6 receivers and he has a good chance to make the roster.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
r_sayle wrote:

He's a slot guy, so I'd say this puts Deonte Thompson on notice. The Ravens coaches have talked that guy up and he's never delivered (be that his fault or theirs, for not putting him on the field), so I guess he's going to need a good TC.

Campanaro has been on the Ravens' radar for a long while, I think. Didn't they have him in for a visit, too?

Yeah they had him in for a visit. A slot guy, huh? Interesting, seeing as that's Pitta and Steve Smith's spots (obviously after next year it's just Pitta). And then you still have Marlon Brown.

I'm guessing if they want him to be the slot guy, then after next year or whatever it's going to be Smith and Brown on the outside with Campanaro in the slot with Pitta? Interesting.

This is a nice read:
Quote:
Smart football player with an extremely detail-oriented skill-set. Flashes natural hands with excellent focus and tracking ability. Watching tape against Boston College in 2013, the game just seems to slow down for him at the catch point to watch the ball into his hands. Isn't small with a solid build and deceiving strength, displaying some power with a stiff arm after the catch. Savvy pass catcher who works soft spots and is a quarterback's best friend, which will endear him to NFL scout

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
dcfields

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Flacco, can you believe that Buffalo actually did what I was merely joking about? Trading next year's #1 for the right to draft Sammy Watkins. Not a good move. Especially when you pick in the top 10 every year.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think Rashaad Reynolds has been drafted yet.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
r_sayle

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so chaps since everything's calmed down now. UDFA who would you like us to go after
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think Dion Bailey has been drafted either. What's up with that?

Nor Roberson, Purifoy, Skov, Coleman or Quarles. Get all of them as UDFAs, Ozzie!

Jeremy Gallon has gone to the Evil Empire. He was one of my hopes for UDFA.

Last edited by Mancunian Raven on Sat May 10, 2014 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
gooselovechild

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcfields wrote:
Hey Flacco, can you believe that Buffalo actually did what I was merely joking about? Trading next year's #1 for the right to draft Sammy Watkins. Not a good move. Especially when you pick in the top 10 every year.

Buffalo still got the better of that deal. Even if it's another top 10 selection, Cleveland has yet to prove they know what to do with that bounty.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:

Nor Roberson, Purifoy, Skov, Coleman or Quarles. Get all of them as UDFAs, Ozzie!

Dion Bailey and Brandon Coleman Im not surprised at all about. Bailey is too small for LB and he isn't a DB. Coleman is just an awful player.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
gooselovechild

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:

Dion Bailey and Brandon Coleman Im not surprised at all about. Bailey is too small for LB and he isn't a DB. Coleman is just an awful player.

Purifoy has too much off field baggage too. I know there's no risk as an UDFA, but he isn't that good either or somebody would have looked past it by now.
Sessy

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
We lost the nucleus of elite players and now we're just attempting to create a new nucleus of average players and so far it's working out marvelously, right?

"So far" as in one season after a SB win? A SB I guess you credit to how well Lewis, Reed, Suggs and Ngata played that year? Only Ngata was able to function as a high level player and even he was banged up this year.

If you want to want to criticize the FO you can just talk about the picks you don't like instead of making up some terrible historical account of how we've been a terrible team.

Just stick to telling us why these picks sucked and why the Seahawks draft picks will be future all-pros.

When you have a strong nucleus of elite players to build a team around, then going BPA is great because it allows you to build around that nucleus. Who is our nucleus right now on offense or defense? Flacco/Torrey/Pitta and then Suggs/Ngata/Daryl Smith?

Are you trying to say we don't have a nucleus of good players? While the guys you mentioned are good players, we have other guys that are just as good if not better. Yanda and Monroe are great o-lineman, and they'll be paired up with 2 other decent lineman in Zuttah and KO (barring injury). I fully expect the Ravens to grab a veteran RT too, along the lines of a Bryant McKinney/Willie Anderson.

On D we have a great CB tandem, combined with what I think is one of the best front 7's in the game. We DO have the nucleus, just like we had when we won 2 years ago.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sessy wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
We lost the nucleus of elite players and now we're just attempting to create a new nucleus of average players and so far it's working out marvelously, right?

"So far" as in one season after a SB win? A SB I guess you credit to how well Lewis, Reed, Suggs and Ngata played that year? Only Ngata was able to function as a high level player and even he was banged up this year.

If you want to want to criticize the FO you can just talk about the picks you don't like instead of making up some terrible historical account of how we've been a terrible team.

Just stick to telling us why these picks sucked and why the Seahawks draft picks will be future all-pros.

When you have a strong nucleus of elite players to build a team around, then going BPA is great because it allows you to build around that nucleus. Who is our nucleus right now on offense or defense? Flacco/Torrey/Pitta and then Suggs/Ngata/Daryl Smith?

Are you trying to say we don't have a nucleus of good players? While the guys you mentioned are good players, we have other guys that are just as good if not better. Yanda and Monroe are great o-lineman, and they'll be paired up with 2 other decent lineman in Zuttah and KO (barring injury). I fully expect the Ravens to grab a veteran RT too, along the lines of a Bryant McKinney/Willie Anderson.

On D we have a great CB tandem, combined with what I think is one of the best front 7's in the game. We DO have the nucleus, just like we had when we won 2 years ago.

We have good players, but we don't have players you build your team around like we had with Ray and Ed.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: never mind, the Rams drafted him.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh snap. Just remembered Zach Kerr is from Maryland. That helps sometimes.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

r_sayle wrote:
Ok so chaps since everything's calmed down now. UDFA who would you like us to go after

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Guys that at least 75% of fans want/think their team will get:

WR Brandon Coleman
TE Colt Lyerla
CB Marcus Roberson
CB Louchiez Purifoy
OLB Christian Jones

+Zach Kerr and James Hurst.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012

Last edited by BareYourTeeth on Sat May 10, 2014 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 26 of 28

Jump to: