Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Crushes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:
SoS wrote:
Latimer is athletic in shorts but not in pads. Watch his game tape and you'll see a player who struggles to separate, doesn't run decisive routes, and doesn't offer much YAC ability. He's got strong hands and a powerful body, but I don't see him as much more than Austin Pettis.

PS: I have him as a 4th round talent for the sake of argument.

You and I both know there is zero chance he lasts until the 4th. As far as his separation goes, I've seen his highlight reel and he's not the type that needs to get wide open to make a difference. He wins a lot of 50/50 balls. And he doesn't really need to run perfect timing routes for our offense. Just get down field and win jump balls in the end zone! Like I said I don't really like him at #32 but if he's available at #64 he'd be a steal. He's either going to be Dez Bryant or Charlie Rodgers. But come on he's worth a chance.

I actually agree with a lot of what you said. There's a better chance he gets taken in the 1st round than the 4th round, but that doesn't change my evaluation. Obviously I understand that you'll trust the opinion of employed scouts over myself, but when I watch Latimer I don't see a guy that can transition his game to the pro level. You're right, in college he didn't need to get much separation to win, but at the next level he will. The player you're describing is little more than Jason Avant.
I don't think that's fair. Latimer is a far superior athlete to Avant. Avant with Latimer's athleticism would be a bonafide #2

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
SoS

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:
SoS wrote:
Latimer is athletic in shorts but not in pads. Watch his game tape and you'll see a player who struggles to separate, doesn't run decisive routes, and doesn't offer much YAC ability. He's got strong hands and a powerful body, but I don't see him as much more than Austin Pettis.

PS: I have him as a 4th round talent for the sake of argument.

You and I both know there is zero chance he lasts until the 4th. As far as his separation goes, I've seen his highlight reel and he's not the type that needs to get wide open to make a difference. He wins a lot of 50/50 balls. And he doesn't really need to run perfect timing routes for our offense. Just get down field and win jump balls in the end zone! Like I said I don't really like him at #32 but if he's available at #64 he'd be a steal. He's either going to be Dez Bryant or Charlie Rodgers. But come on he's worth a chance.

I actually agree with a lot of what you said. There's a better chance he gets taken in the 1st round than the 4th round, but that doesn't change my evaluation. Obviously I understand that you'll trust the opinion of employed scouts over myself, but when I watch Latimer I don't see a guy that can transition his game to the pro level. You're right, in college he didn't need to get much separation to win, but at the next level he will. The player you're describing is little more than Jason Avant.
I don't think that's fair. Latimer is a far superior athlete to Avant. Avant with Latimer's athleticism would be a bonafide #2

Latimer is undoubtedly more athletic than Avant, but my point is that he doesn't play up to his measurables. I'll steal the player comparison of another poster on this board and point to Nick Toon as a more apt comparison. Almost same exact build and measurables and Toon was a 4th rounder.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: