Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Crushes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoS

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Draft Crushes Reply with quote

This is something I try to do every year. Since the draft is tomorrow everyone's evaluations should be pretty solid.

So who are the guys you're banging the drum for? You can specify if it's a guy you like specifically for Seattle or just a guy you like in general. These are "your guys".

For me it's:

DL Dominique Easley
- Huge crush. This guy would be a top 15 pick if not for his injury and I would love it if we took him with our 1st. Has the ability to be a Henry Melton type player on the interior and a Michael Bennett type player on the end. If he's fully recovered (reports say he looks good) he's going to be a steal for someone.

WR Martavis Bryant
- I've spoken ad nauseam about Martavis Bryant on this forum, so it should be no surprise to see him here. I think he's going to be a playmaker at the next level.

WR Eric Thomas
- I spend most of my time scouting WRs so I'm allowed to have multiple crushes from this position group, especially when the class is as absurdly deep as this one is. There are plenty of other guys I really like, but Eric Thomas is the one most people don't know, and I can't figure out why. Check the Troy record books and you'll see Eric Thomas owns it, I'll be shocked if NFL teams are as unaware of this kid as the draftnik community seems to be.

RB Kapri Bibbs
- Label me a believer. Bibbs doesn't get much talk after leaving Colorado State after only 1 year, but he's a do-it-all kinda back. He's going to get dinged for his size and being called a product of a great running offense, but he has the skillset to be a real steal in the later rounds.

That's all I'll post for now. I have more Mr. Green
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to list one guy we have no chance at getting but I love him as a prospect. Other than that, I'll try to keep it to guys I want us to take a look at and think we have a shot at.

Greg Robinson - The dude is a freak. He's amazing as a mauler in the run game and is a fantastic athlete. His pass blocking skill are raw but he'll develop

Allen Robinson - Not in love with the idea of him at 32, I see him as a mid round 2 type. But He's my favorite receiver for our offense aside from the big 2. He has a well rounded game and some impressive wiggle for his size

Timmy Jernigan - He's Brandon Mebane. He'd be a good selection at 32 and an amazing selection in the mid 2nd if he slides.

Chris Smith - Raw but he's got freakish athleticism and he's got a very nice natural bull rush. We need to add more LEO talent and he's intriguing

Will Sutton - He put on wayyy too much weight but the guy has great hands. If he gets down to 295-300 he's another guy that would be great to groom as a rotation NT in our D. I love him because he's seen as a 4th or 5th rounder a lot of places. He's excellent value in the 4th

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10

Last edited by Tatupu_64 on Wed May 07, 2014 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
SoS

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Allen Robinson - Not in love with the idea of him at 32, I see him as a mid round 2 type. But He's my favorite receiver for our offense aside from the big 2. He has a well rounded game and some impressive wiggle for his size

ARob is a good one. He's my 4th rated WR.
imani

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imani's crushes (you know, the ones you care about)

-Xavier Sua Filo

Instant starter and difference maker on this offensive line. One of the few players worth staying @ #32 for.

-Jordan Matthews

The do-it-all WR with a great Size-Speed combo and production against top competition to match. Seattle needs a BIG bodied WR who can do a little everything.

TBC

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OT/OG Joel Bitinio- I love his versatility. He can play any position on the OL. He has been touted as a nasty run blocker and a very very capable pass protector. Some say he has short arms and is destined to slide inside. But I think he starts day 1 at RT.

RT Michael Schofield- really had some up and downs This season but was really remarkable at the Senior bowl. The only guy to beat him in 1:1 drills was Aaron Donald and he's a beast all on his own.

DE Kony Ealy and Scott Critton. Both of these guys have a little bit of Michael Bennett in them. Similar in size and really high motor guys. We need to find depth at DE since Avril is a FA next year.

WR Cody Latimer- just an outstanding athlete and could develop into a faster Dez Bryant. Ive heard he is the best run blocker in the draft (for WR) and that fits everything we do here in Seattle. He can also win battles when high pointing balls and could be our deep threat next to Percy.

OT Larry D. Tardif- 6'5 310 Lbs and was very comparable athletically to Lewan and Robinson. He ran a sub 4.9 at his pro day and benched 225lbs 33 times. If he is available at #64 I really hope we go in this direction. He never played much talent in Canada but he was viewed as the #1 overall pick in the CFL draft.

LB Jordan Zumwalt- our LBs are going to be thinning out over the next 2 seasons and while JZ isn't the elite prospect JS and PC love he is one of the most intense players in all of the NCAA. He is a fire in his belly type player and just reeks of competition.
SoS

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latimer would actually be on my "hate" list. Very overrated IMO.
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:

I wouldn't say overrated since I have him going at #64 in my last mock. I don't think he'll last that long but you can't deny he is a superb athlete and has huge upside. He excelled in a terrible offense. I think there are better WRs in this draft but Latimer has a boat load of potential. Like I said I think he could be a Dez Bryant.
imani

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
SoS wrote:

I wouldn't say overrated since I have him going at #64 in my last mock. I don't think he'll last that long but you can't deny he is a superb athlete and has huge upside. He excelled in a terrible offense. I think there are better WRs in this draft but Latimer has a boat load of potential. Like I said I think he could be a Dez Bryant.

Bryant is going too far with the comparisons IMO. Way too far.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
RT Michael Schofield- really had some up and downs This season but was really remarkable at the Senior bowl. The only guy to beat him in 1:1 drills was Aaron Donald and he's a beast all on his own.
a little bit of Michael Bennett in them. Similar in size and really high motor guys. We need to find depth at DE since Avril is a FA next year.
Big fan of Schofield as a pure RT. Would love him at our 4th

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:
SoS wrote:

Bryant is going too far with the comparisons IMO. Way too far.

How do you figure? Latimer has better speed, higher verticle and is a better run blocker. The potential is there. If this was a normal draft Latimer would easily be a 1st rounder no doubt in my mind. Dez played for a really good Oklahoma state team. Latimer played for a terrible team. I like the dude. He has driven his draft stock up for good reason. He's going to be a great football player.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try to be an over-achiever and give you my crushes and my hate-list.

Crushes:
- Xavier Su'a-Filo: I'd be happy with him or Bitonio in the first. JB has the versatility but I think XSF is the best guard in the draft.

- Jace Amaro: I love that he can move the chains and block. I see him as a more athletic Zach Miller. He would be a great addition to our offense.

- Brandon Thomas: Mostly a crush because I think he could be the best value in the draft. He'll likely be available in the 4th or maybe early 5th but he's a late 1st talent who will fall because he'll have to red-shirt on IR after tearing his ACL.

- Caraun Reid: Loved his play at the Senior Bowl. He looks big enough to play the run effectively but quick enough to be a pass-rusher from the 3-tech.

Hate-List:
- Kelvin Benjamin: Too big/slow to be a WR. Not physical enough to be a TE. Looks like Limas Sweed. Teams get infatuated with size at this point in the draft and Benjamin looks to me to be a guy that looks better getting off the bus than on the field.

- Cyril Richardon: I'd love to hear BigJoe's assessment of this guy. The limited tape I've seen on him he too often looks off balance. It looks like he leads too heavy and gets his weight too far in front of him. He doesn't have quick enough feet to recover and even DTs blow past him.

- Marqise Lee: I can't quite put my finger on it but I just don't see Lee as an elite receiver. Not much more than a gut instinct here.

- Tom Savage: Extremely unlikely we'll draft him but that doesn't mean I can't hate the guy. Looks good with all the physical tools but too inconsistent with poor decision making to put it all together. Some team will look at his mechanics and think they can finally turn that potential into performance but you won't catch me holding my breath.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
SoS

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latimer is athletic in shorts but not in pads. Watch his game tape and you'll see a player who struggles to separate, doesn't run decisive routes, and doesn't offer much YAC ability. He's got strong hands and a powerful body, but I don't see him as much more than Austin Pettis.

PS: I have him as a 4th round talent for the sake of argument.
canucks9314

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan Matthews for me

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Latimer is athletic in shorts but not in pads. Watch his game tape and you'll see a player who struggles to separate, doesn't run decisive routes, and doesn't offer much YAC ability. He's got strong hands and a powerful body, but I don't see him as much more than Austin Pettis.

You and I both know there is zero chance he lasts until the 4th. As far as his separation goes, I've seen his highlight reel and he's not the type that needs to get wide open to make a difference. He wins a lot of 50/50 balls. And he doesn't really need to run perfect timing routes for our offense. Just get down field and win jump balls in the end zone! Like I said I don't really like him at #32 but if he's available at #64 he'd be a steal. He's either going to be Dez Bryant or Charlie Rodgers. But come on he's worth a chance.
SoS

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
SoS wrote:

You and I both know there is zero chance he lasts until the 4th. As far as his separation goes, I've seen his highlight reel and he's not the type that needs to get wide open to make a difference. He wins a lot of 50/50 balls. And he doesn't really need to run perfect timing routes for our offense. Just get down field and win jump balls in the end zone! Like I said I don't really like him at #32 but if he's available at #64 he'd be a steal. He's either going to be Dez Bryant or Charlie Rodgers. But come on he's worth a chance.

I actually agree with a lot of what you said. There's a better chance he gets taken in the 1st round than the 4th round, but that doesn't change my evaluation. Obviously I understand that you'll trust the opinion of employed scouts over myself, but when I watch Latimer I don't see a guy that can transition his game to the pro level. You're right, in college he didn't need to get much separation to win, but at the next level he will. The player you're describing is little more than Jason Avant.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: