Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Is The Situation...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Does Baltimore Take?
Eric Ebron
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Calvin Pryor
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
C.J. Mosley
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Other
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Trade Down
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 14

coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: This Is The Situation... Reply with quote

Quote:
1. Houston Texans: Jadeveon Clowney - DE - South Carolina
2. St. Louis Rams (f/ Washington Redskins): Jake Matthews - OT - Texas A&M
3. Jacksonville Jaguars: Khalil Mack - OLB - Buffalo
4. Cleveland Browns: Sammy Watkins - WR - Clemson
5. Oakland Raiders: Aaron Donald - DT - Pittsburgh
6. Atlanta Falcons: Greg Robinson - OT - Auburn
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Mike Evans - WR - Texas A&M
8. Minnesota Vikings: Teddy Bridgewater - QB - Louisville
9. Buffalo Bills: Taylor Lewan - OT - Michigan
10. Detroit Lions: Justin Gilbert - CB - Oklahoma State
11. Tennessee Titans: Blake Bortles - QB - Central Florida
12. New York Giants: Zack Martin - OT - Notre Dame
13. St. Louis Rams: Johnny Manziel - QB - Texas A&M
14. Chicago Bears: Hasean Clinton-Dix - S - Alabama
15. Pittsburgh Steelers: Darqueze Dennard - CB - Michigan State
16. Dallas Cowboys: Anthony Barr - OLB - California, Los Angeles

Lets say the draft plays out this. Who do you think the Ravens would do with the 17th pick? Knowing this forum Trade Down will most likely win but I'd like to hear some convincing cases for a player too.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this situation, I think we likely would have made a play for Barr IMO.

But, since we didn't, I do agree that a trade down is our best bet and with OBJ on the board and hearing how interested the Jets are in him, I think we could get a good deal.

If we are to stand pat, though, I think for me it'd come down to Pryor, Beckham or Fuller. I like Mosley a lot but I think each of the above would offer us a bit better value especially initially. I like Ebron a lot but I'd rather hold off on TE until later. If I had to choose one of these guys, I'd likely go with Fuller -- I like his skills a lot and while #17 is a bit too high for him IMO, I'd rather pull the trigger with him.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

If a police officer offered me a warning, no, I would not take it.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I forgot to mentioned I only included those three specific names because they seem to be the most talked about when discussing Baltimore's pick. I definitely think there are more options than those that are likely but I didn't want a huge poll. Fuller is one of those other options that I think has a real shot at being a Raven. It depends on how physical they want their cornerbacks though. Pees played a lot more press-man later in the year and if that trend continues I don't think Fuller is a good fit. I'm not sure about Beckham. If there's any truth to the rumblings about him not being a good practice/whatever to do with pre-game guy I think the Ravens wouldn't be interested.

Baltimore is a hard team to mock for. You generally never see any of the media get their pick right. The only one we've really seen coming recently is Jimmy Smith. If I had to pick a player in this scenario I think Pryor would be most likely. He's the type of guy I could see them rating highly, especially on defense. Pryor isn't an ideal fit next to Elam but I can already hear that "plays like a Raven" in his introductory press conference. To me the recent Ebron hype is more smoke than substance. Mosley is a huge wildcard. If Daryl Smith didn't wear the green dot I could see him as a more than likely pick (I still like the idea of him and Brown on the field together for all three downs) but that probably won't be the case.

I'm still praying that Morgan Moses isn't an option.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade down.

I don't think Pryor is really any better than Ward, so they could grab more picks and still get a starting FS, if that's their wont.

Moseley? I think a 1st round pick for an ILB is bad value, unless he's Ray Lewis v2.0. They can get someone to sit behind Smith and Brown, or complement either one, later in the draft.

Same for Ebron. The Ravens are set quite well at TE, but if they wanted to upgrade there will be better value later on in the draft.

Trading down a few spots to either go for Ward or to trade up in the 2nd for Ward makes the most sense to me. I think it would still give them a chance to find the positions they need, across the board.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beckham would be mighty tempting, but I don't think you need to force a WR if all except Evans/Watkins are available.

Fuller would be another solid option, but we could probably trade back a few spots and still get him in the 20s.

I'd trade back and take my chances that a couple of the top 3-5 guys left on the board are still available.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that we trade down in this situation. There's plenty of value left on the board and we all know how Ozzie loves to trade out of the 1st round.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im leaning Shazier. Id love to pick Ebron. Would be happy with Mosley or Cooks.

Id hate a trade down. Highest pick we've had in a long time and I want to get an All-Pro.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Id hate a trade down. Highest pick we've had in a long time and I want to get an All-Pro.

But do we know there's an All-Pro on the board there and not on the board wherever we trade back to?

I agree with you that we need to draft a Superstar. No question about it. But if we can get a Superstar by trading down, why not do it and gain other picks, too?

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

But do we know there's an All-Pro on the board there and not on the board wherever we trade back to?

I agree with you that we need to draft a Superstar. No question about it. But if we can get a Superstar by trading down, why not do it and gain other picks, too?

In this draft, I think there are potential superstars to be had in the 2nd round too. So for me, it makes sense to trade down in the 1st to trade up in the 2nd, increasing your chances of getting two potential All-Pro players.

But if Odell Beckham, Anthony Barr or Zack Martin were on the board at #17, then I'd be happy with the Ravens staying where they are.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

In this draft, I think there are potential superstars to be had in the 2nd round too. So for me, it makes sense to trade down in the 1st to trade up in the 2nd, increasing your chances of getting two potential All-Pro players.

But if Odell Beckham, Anthony Barr or Zack Martin were on the board at #17, then I'd be happy with the Ravens staying where they are.

For shame. You just put Odell Beckham on the same level (perhaps mistakingly but still) on the same level as Anthony Barr and Zack Martin. I swear that guy is getting so overrated. True I loved what I saw from him on tape. But no way does he deserve to have his name lumped in with guys that are blue chip, if not elite, prospects.
==============

But my developing annoyance with OBJ aside, in the above scenario... I go with one of three players:
1. Kyle Fuller
2. Cyrus Kouandjio
3. Calvin Pryor

That's in no particular order. However I'll refrain from wussing out on the choice. So logically, we have a greater need for a starting FS option.. which Pryor would provide. Our defense, while good, has also had issues with creating turnovers when in comparison to some of our yester-year editions. So we need not just a talented player with this selection, but someone that can be a game-changer/playmaker.

Pryor is athletic enough to operate in cover 2 looks with Elam in a left-right safety mesh. Pryor is a ball magnet, has great instincts to put him where the ball is vs the run and the pass... so he meets the criteria. Add in the intangible benefits of his leadership and pre-snap defensive orchestrating... and he presents a great case for being the pick. So in this hypothetical I think I'd take Pryor by a hair.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, the only people that I would pick at #17 if they're still there are Martin and Barr. Aside from that, trade down and look to get a TE or FS.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0, I think you ruined the results of your survey before it even got off the ground floor. You even knew this forum would take the trade down option.

You gave all us suckers an out.. no two outs. No you've got to force us to play by your rules. Remove the other and remove the trade down option. Put some hair on all of our chests and force us to make a choice.
=====
On another note, I really hope the Steelers don't actually draft Dennard.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked Pryor before seeing the trade down option. It would depend what the trade down is. San Fran giving up a 1st and a 2nd? I'd trade down. Trade down for a 3rd? It depends on how far. I wouldn't want to lose the opportunity to draft Pryor. I selected Pryor. And I'm surprised to this point that no one selected Ebron. He is BPA in this scenario.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
c0, I think you ruined the results of your survey before it even got off the ground floor. You even knew this forum would take the trade down option.

You gave all us suckers an out.. no two outs. No you've got to force us to play by your rules. Remove the other and remove the trade down option. Put some hair on all of our chests and force us to make a choice.
=====
On another note, I really hope the Steelers don't actually draft Dennard.

Yeah, I know. Laughing I wanted to just keep it to the listed three but like I said I fully believe that there are other just as likely options but I didn't want to go through and name them all.

Dennard is going to Pittsburgh. I've had too much good luck lately for it not to balance out.
r_sayle

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im really on the Xavier Su'a Filo. i think he could end up being a top 5 guard in this league.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: