Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2014 NFL DRAFT THREAD (AND RULES)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mse326


Moderator
Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 15905
Location: mike23md on the sig
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:43 pm    Post subject: Official 2014 NFL DRAFT THREAD (AND RULES) Reply with quote



Alright so the date is coming in a few days (May 8th). So it's time for the thread and reminders.

1. DO NOT POST SPOILERS IN HERE. No picks mentioned until they are announced on NFLN or ESPN. If you want to look at twitter or whatever feel free, but let those that want to be surprised be surprised.

2. This will be our general draft thread. So anything you want to talk about having to do with the draft can go here. I'll be locking the other thread sometime Thursday morning. You can post in there until then. It's just easier if we keep it separate so we can find stuff easier.

3. DO NOT MAKE A NEW THREAD FOR ANY NON TEXANS RELATED DRAFT INFO. Big trades can be talked about in here (see rule 2) but we don't need a thread about it. Texans draft picks and big trades can get their own thread. Make sure the thread hasn't already been started though.

4. As many of you know we aren't quite as strict with language during draft time because we know that emotions run high. But the rules still do apply so try to stay calm. If it becomes a habit we'll say something before handing out warnings but don't let it get that far. Take a lap to cool off if you need to, I assure you we'll be here when you get back.

5. Rules regarding insulting members, however, are as strong as ever if not more so. You want to curse off BOB or Smith once we'll live with it. You curse off a member or insult them, we'll have issues.

6. I recommend bookmarking this forum and the draft forum if you want to go there. There is heavy traffic on draft days and the forum runs slow. It is much easier if you can go right to the subforum you want rather than through the index page.


Remember to have fun. No matter how good or bad our draft seems now, no one knows.
_________________

#JDI


Last edited by mse326 on Sat May 31, 2014 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 29409
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost time baby!

A quick question. Just like the previous years, is it ok to start a thread for every pick the Texans made for individual discussion?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 8852
Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Almost time baby!

A quick question. Just like the previous years, is it ok to start a thread for every pick the Texans made for individual discussion?


Yes
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 8852
Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mind is just blown that we are gonna miss out on probably the top 4 QBs

We are gonna be in for a long season if we don't get a better QB in FA
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 29409
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
My mind is just blown that we are gonna miss out on probably the top 4 QBs

We are gonna be in for a long season if we don't get a better QB in FA


That would really suck if Manziel, Bortles, Carr and Bridgewater all go in round 1. I dont think we have to take a QB in round 2 just to take one. If the top 4 QB's go in round 1 that will mean 1st round talent will fall to us in round 2. Maybe we could trade back in round 2 to get extra picks while getting a 1st round talent guy and a QB.

Which QB's after Manziel, Bortles, Carr and Bridgewater do you guys like?
I wouldnt mind McCarron.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4506
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's officially draft day!!!!! (In the CDT)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wolf6151


Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Posts: 2794
Location: Pearland, Texas
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
My mind is just blown that we are gonna miss out on probably the top 4 QBs

We are gonna be in for a long season if we don't get a better QB in FA


That would really suck if Manziel, Bortles, Carr and Bridgewater all go in round 1. I dont think we have to take a QB in round 2 just to take one. If the top 4 QB's go in round 1 that will mean 1st round talent will fall to us in round 2. Maybe we could trade back in round 2 to get extra picks while getting a 1st round talent guy and a QB.

Which QB's after Manziel, Bortles, Carr and Bridgewater do you guys like?
I wouldnt mind McCarron.


After the top 4 guys, I like McCarron, Murray, and Garoppolo isn't to bad either.

18 hrs. and counting. tick tock tick tock

Pastor Dillon it's time to put in a good word with the almighty so that he can watch over Rick Smith and not allow Smith to make any stupid decisions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Caaddy24


Joined: 23 Jan 2007
Posts: 5429
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's going to Blackfinn? I'll be there... and who the hell are the Texans gonna pick???
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 8852
Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf6151 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
My mind is just blown that we are gonna miss out on probably the top 4 QBs

We are gonna be in for a long season if we don't get a better QB in FA


That would really suck if Manziel, Bortles, Carr and Bridgewater all go in round 1. I dont think we have to take a QB in round 2 just to take one. If the top 4 QB's go in round 1 that will mean 1st round talent will fall to us in round 2. Maybe we could trade back in round 2 to get extra picks while getting a 1st round talent guy and a QB.

Which QB's after Manziel, Bortles, Carr and Bridgewater do you guys like?
I wouldnt mind McCarron.


After the top 4 guys, I like McCarron, Murray, and Garoppolo isn't to bad either.

18 hrs. and counting. tick tock tick tock

Pastor Dillon it's time to put in a good word with the almighty so that he can watch over Rick Smith and not allow Smith to make any stupid decisions.


Just sent McNair an email Smile
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38123
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first draft as a non-Mod in about five years.

I'm going to be SUCH a troll today. Laughing

(J/K...put down the gun, mse).

A few notes from me:

- At this stage, I don't even care much anymore. Just make the damn pick already! This extra two weeks is KILLING me.

- No, really. I don't care. First pick is first pick. Chances are, it's been made a few days ago, in all honestly. The team is just waiting for that sweetheart deal to come down the pipe and change the direction of the draft. I'm more interested in what happens in rounds 2-7.

- This will be the first "true" look of what Bill O'Brien has in store for his tenure. For the most part, BOB hasn't tipped his hand on what sort of team he is going to mold in Houston. It's easy to say "The Patriot Way" and move on, but nothing we've done at this point tips said hand. Part of me admires the cloak and dagger approach, part of me is frustrated because I don't know what the heck is going on.

- This is Rick Smith's last chance to prove his worth. He has some masterful picks with the first rounders he's secured, but he's been a failure in any round outside of that first round. If he drafts another group of duds in this class, his tenure in Houston is effectively over next offseason.
_________________

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4506
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per Schefter: We are one of many teams looking to trade back into back end of the 1st round
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jch1911


Joined: 21 Mar 2009
Posts: 3573
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
‏@McClain_on_NFL
In a trade for top pick, Texans are hoping to get a 1st-round swap and picks in 2nd and 3rd rounds this year and a No. 1 in 2015..


Like I said before take a top 10 1st & 2nd this year, 1st next year, and a 2016 2nd round pick = done deal
_________________
Adopt-a-Texan:
Andre "AJ aka BEAST" Johnson
103 rec., 1,358 yard, 5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jetskid007


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 7929
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys do move back (presumably to 6)...



Which one?
_________________

New York Sack Exchange Redux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4506
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CLowney on possibly being teamed up with JJ. "Luck better have his head on a swivel."
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 8852
Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
If you guys do move back (presumably to 6)...



Which one?


Manziel
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 1 of 31

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group