You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos Forum Offical 2014 Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
I can't find a scouting report anywhere about Corey Nelson!

It's probably because he was injured for almost the entire 2013 season. Based on his stats i don't see him as much more than a nickel LB. Aside from 5.5 sacks in 2011 nothing pops out. He's never had more than 60 tackles in a season, but does have a good number of passes defended. For comparisons sake, Telvin Smith whose regarded as one of the better cover LB's in the draft had 11 in his career, Nelson had 10 and missed nearly an entire season.

I guess he was having the best season of his career before his injury.
germ-x

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
germ-x wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

It's probably because he was injured for almost the entire 2013 season. Based on his stats i don't see him as much more than a nickel LB. Aside from 5.5 sacks in 2011 nothing pops out. He's never had more than 60 tackles in a season, but does have a good number of passes defended. For comparisons sake, Telvin Smith whose regarded as one of the better cover LB's in the draft had 11 in his career, Nelson had 10 and missed nearly an entire season.

I read that as well. In 2 games he already had 27 tackles. He was well on pace to easily top his high of 59 tackles in a season.
Winder23

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if Carlos Fields was drafted? I am on vacation and have only really been on twitter.
germ-x

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
Does anyone know if Carlos Fields was drafted? I am on vacation and have only really been on twitter.

I do not believe he has been.
7DnBrnc53

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
I'll probably post this and he'll get picked now, but i wouldn't mind Lache Seastrunk if he lasts to 207. I think he'd be really good value at that point. He's not real physical, but he'd give the team more of a space player that can create, something Denver is lacking offensively right now. I think that guy was supposed to be Ronnie Hillman, but i don't think you can have a whole lot of faith in him at this point.

He went to Washington in Round 6. Don't know why Denver didn't take him.

As for this draft, the first two picks will contribute a lot, but the rest? They are for the future, if ever.
DiehardBronxFan

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
germ-x wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

I read that as well. In 2 games he already had 27 tackles. He was well on pace to easily top his high of 59 tackles in a season.

Know nothing about him, but just saw some highlight clips, and I'll say one thing, he closes FAST. At the least, I have a hunch he could be a pretty good special teamer.
broncos67

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7DnBrnc53 wrote:
germ-x wrote:
I'll probably post this and he'll get picked now, but i wouldn't mind Lache Seastrunk if he lasts to 207. I think he'd be really good value at that point. He's not real physical, but he'd give the team more of a space player that can create, something Denver is lacking offensively right now. I think that guy was supposed to be Ronnie Hillman, but i don't think you can have a whole lot of faith in him at this point.

As for this draft, the first two picks will contribute a lot, but the rest? They are for the future, if ever.

You can't have all your picks contribute every year. It's foolish to assume that every year you will find 7 contributors to your football team. If we come out of this with two starters or big time contributors, it's solid.

Thanks, Tzimisce
ToastedOats

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to nfl draftcountdown for a scouting report on Corey Nelson. Broncos have signed Bryn Renner - QB N. Carolina and I know AAA will love the next signing Shaquil Barrett - CSU.
champ11

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I specifically want to get a beer with JS(obvi) but dan and Blaine slash anyone around Denver lets get a beer this week

team rammy

broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ11 wrote:
I specifically want to get a beer with JS(obvi) but dan and Blaine slash anyone around Denver lets get a beer this week
For sure

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7DnBrnc53 wrote:
germ-x wrote:

The third round tackle is likely to be the 6th OL this year, and will play an important role if any injuries.
champ11

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
champ11 wrote:
For sure

I'll hit you up

team rammy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59
Page 59 of 59

Jump to: