You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos Forum Offical 2014 Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 57, 58, 59  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
KingBishop wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Elway went out of his way to mention Nate Irving as the MLB, at least on 1st and 2nd down. To me, I took this as he's not looking to address that position but will look to address Nickel LB, or in other words replace Woodyard.

So CB round one?

I think we either move up for a CB (Gilbert/Dennard/Fuller) or move back for a WR, that falls out of the 1st. I dont think we stay at #31 anymore.

Well, I've been looking at a bunch of scenarios and this one may be right on the money. Gotta tell ya though, nothing we do wil surprise me.

A trade down would probably allow us to get Moncrief in the middle of the 2nd (really underrated IMO) and also add Gaines at CB and Jack Mewhort at RT. As close to a Jon Runyan clone as I've seen. This kid will take over some teams RT spot and hold it for 10+ years.

Might have to toss in a player or low choice, but it's definitely doable.

All 3 would see significant time this year, probably Moncrief and mewhort as starters and provide longterm security at each position.

This is just one of many scenarios I've looked at. Lots of good ones. I don't however see any trade for Mosely or Shazier. Why? If you're really interested in a MLB, Borland is the best bet. Not one MLB I'd rather have when the ball is on your 20 and the other team is driving. That's where he makes his living and no, he's not as bad in coverage as some profess.

Anyway, just my thoughts. Lucky for me the draft starts at 4:00PM Alaska time. We'll have our 1st pick in before my bedtime.
Winder23

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingBishop wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Elway went out of his way to mention Nate Irving as the MLB, at least on 1st and 2nd down. To me, I took this as he's not looking to address that position but will look to address Nickel LB, or in other words replace Woodyard.

So CB round one?
It is all BS. NFL GM's are like politicians this time of year. They lie and then lie some more.

You all have fun with finals and drinking games. I am taking my boy to disneyland and watching the draft on my phone or in a hotel with the wife glaring at me everytime I check in on the draft.

What the heck was Goodell thinking anyways. Let's put the draft on Mother's Day weekend. Freakin Brilliant! Rolling Eyes
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
KingBishop wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

So CB round one?
It is all BS. NFL GM's are like politicians this time of year. They lie and then lie some more.

You all have fun with finals and drinking games. I am taking my boy to disneyland and watching the draft on my phone or in a hotel with the wife glaring at me everytime I check in on the draft.

What the heck was Goodell thinking anyways. Let's put the draft on Mother's Day weekend. Freakin Brilliant! Rolling Eyes

Winder, that's brilliant! Best response I've read all year. Enjoy Disneyland, it's amazing with kids. I took my son and daughter when they were 8 and 12 respectively. I'll never forget it.

Watching children when they sense magic in the air is as close to perfection as there is. Enjoy your time! You'll love it!
KingBishop

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
KingBishop wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

So CB round one?

I think we either move up for a CB (Gilbert/Dennard/Fuller) or move back for a WR, that falls out of the 1st. I dont think we stay at #31 anymore.

Well, I've been looking at a bunch of scenarios and this one may be right on the money. Gotta tell ya though, nothing we do wil surprise me.

A trade down would probably allow us to get Moncrief in the middle of the 2nd (really underrated IMO) and also add Gaines at CB and Jack Mewhort at RT. As close to a Jon Runyan clone as I've seen. This kid will take over some teams RT spot and hold it for 10+ years.

Might have to toss in a player or low choice, but it's definitely doable.

All 3 would see significant time this year, probably Moncrief and mewhort as starters and provide longterm security at each position.

This is just one of many scenarios I've looked at. Lots of good ones. I don't however see any trade for Mosely or Shazier. Why? If you're really interested in a MLB, Borland is the best bet. Not one MLB I'd rather have when the ball is on your 20 and the other team is driving. That's where he makes his living and no, he's not as bad in coverage as some profess.

Anyway, just my thoughts. Lucky for me the draft starts at 4:00PM Alaska time. We'll have our 1st pick in before my bedtime.

I need to talk to you about Alaska. May have a job interview there in a couple weeks

David Njoku, Jourdan Lewis, Steven Taylor, Tedric Thompson, Marlon Mack, Brian Hill, OJ Howard, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Marcus Williams, Eddie Jackson

Deforest Buckner is the best player in the 2016 draft class
bobdevine

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that the first five picks are:
1. Houston Texans: Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
2. St. Louis Rams: Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
3. Jacksonville Jaguars: Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo
4. Cleveland Browns: Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
5. Oakland Raiders: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson

If the draft starts that way, teams wanting a QB will be trying to trade.

Based on the first third/half of the draft, the Broncos will get a good feel for how other teams rank players. I expect the Broncos start trade talks after the first hour.

Shazier looks to be picked in the middle of round one, maybe by Arizona at #20 or Green Bay at #21. Mosley will probably be grabbed in the middle of the first round but, could go as high as the early teens.

If the Broncos want a cornerback, all of the top-3 CBs (Dennard, Gilbert and Roby) will likely gone by the 25th pick. Fuller and Verrett might still be on the board when Denver picks.

My guess is that a trade will be seriously considered. Putting odds on a trade:
60% chance of staying at #31
10% chance of moving up
30% chance of trading down
[Of course, I have no insider knowledge and am only speculating based on assumptions about which players will be available.]
paul-mac

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda have a feeling Fuller is the first corner off the board, at 11 to the Titans. I just hope someone takes Verrett before us. He's like my nightmare pick at 31. Any of the other 4 corners or Kony Ealy or one of the MLBs or WRs. Heck, I could even live with Dee Ford as a one trick pony or Morgan Moses to play RT.

Fify.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda have a feeling Fuller is the first corner off the board, at 11 to the Titans. I just hope someone takes Verrett before us. He's like my nightmare pick at 31. Any of the other 4 corners or Kony Ealy or one of the MLBs or WRs. Heck, I could even live with Dee Ford as a one trick pony or Morgan Moses to play RT.

Fify.
denverbroncos23

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
KingBishop wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

So CB round one?

Don't sleep on Disneyland man its a blast! I'm also a big kid so that actually sounds like a good time. Try to have some fun. Laughing

^Jamison^
Broncos, Michigan Athletics, Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs.. Sad
denverbroncos23

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
KingBishop wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

So CB round one?

Also thanks for the Mothers Day reminder! Wink

^Jamison^
Broncos, Michigan Athletics, Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs.. Sad
elliot878

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty much going into this draft blind as far as prospect knowledge. I know some late first rounders a little, but I'm excited to not be upset or uneasy about our picks. I'll have the chance to learn about each pick after their fitted for Broncos uniforms. Should make draft weekend less stressful.

I treat the NHL draft this way, works just fine for me. Can't wait to see all the cliff jumping by the usual suspects in here this weekend though haha.
roar2014

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:

No give me Verrett over Moses, I actually am not against trading back a few spots and getting Verrett and another player in the 2nd. But i'd rather trade up for Mosley or Shazier falls to us.
elliot878

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of the few prospects I've studied I'd like a corner, I think the first rounders are good prospects worthy of the early pick. I'd love Fuller but he'd likely be gone.

WR is also loaded although I know Elway and Fox dont like drafting guys in the first round with no shot at cracking the lineup in a significant role, I can't see a WR in round one who is capable of that, so I don't think that'd be the way we go. Same sentiment about OL.

MLB may be the direction we go. Dominos would have to fall properly for it to be round one. Anytime you hear "comfortable with Nate Irving" it's smoke. He hasn't been bad in limited time, but he'd have increased playing time if anyone were actually comfortable with him in the two years since they've been preaching that preseason.
champ11

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
I'm pretty much going into this draft blind as far as prospect knowledge. I know some late first rounders a little, but I'm excited to not be upset or uneasy about our picks. I'll have the chance to learn about each pick after their fitted for Broncos uniforms. Should make draft weekend less stressful.

I treat the NHL draft this way, works just fine for me. Can't wait to see all the cliff jumping by the usual suspects in here this weekend though haha.

I've been this way since college started bro. It's not so bad.

I don't really follow college football, so it's just not worth all the effort.

team rammy

elliot878

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ11 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:

I've been this way since college started bro. It's not so bad.

I don't really follow college football, so it's just not worth all the effort.

Yea i like it that way for NHL. I dont watch a ton of CFB either, so it was a lot of studying prospects when I had more free time. Now that I don't im fine learning the good and the bad after we draft each player.

I feel like the forum has basically honed in on 5-10 players at 31, so if its not one of them the majority of us may be scrambling for info, somewhat similar to Sly last year at the time of the pick.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
My guess is that the first five picks are:
1. Houston Texans: Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
2. St. Louis Rams: Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
3. Jacksonville Jaguars: Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo
4. Cleveland Browns: Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
5. Oakland Raiders: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson

If the draft starts that way, teams wanting a QB will be trying to trade.

Latest rumors are that the Browns and Raiders will skip on taking Manziel at #4 and #5. But the Jaguars might take him at #3.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/07/report-manziel-to-jaguars-buzz-heating-up/

If true, that may cause a flurry of trades in the middle of round 1 to get a QB.
For example, Florio is floating the rumor that the Bucs trade into #2 for him.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/06/if-bucs-move-to-no-2-its-for-manziel/

The result for the Broncos is that this rumor will shake up the draft plans for many teams and might cause a few top-rank players to still be available at pick #31.

This draft is shaping up as a very dynamic draft with lots of trades. Teams that are prepared will be able to make smart trades.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 2 of 59

Jump to: