Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

EPC's Offseason of GM Mocks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject: EPC's Offseason of GM Mocks Reply with quote

Since the end of Free Agency I've done 5 GM mocks (because I am THAT cool). Here are the results of all of them and my final analysis of what I realistically hope happens draft weekend.

#1- The Pre Desean Release Mock

22- Odell Beckham Jr WR LSU
54- Marcus Smith DE/OLB Louisville
86- Justin Ellis NT LA Tech
107- Walt Aikins CB Liberty
164- Spencer Long G Nebraska
188- Matt Hazel WR Costal Carolina
236- Michael Sam DE/OLB Mizzou

Trade! Eagles send WR Desean Jackson and pick 122 to Raiders for S Tyvon Branch pick #107 and #188

#2- The Trade Down and the Vault Back up Mock

Eagles trade pick 22 to 49ers for pick 30 and 94

30- Jimmie Ward S NIU
54- Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
Trade! Eagles trade picks 86 and 94 to Lions for pick 55
55- Marcus Smith DE/OLB Louisville
122- Dontae Johnson CB NCSU
164- Beau Allen NT Wisconsin
236- Andrew Norwell G/T Ohio St.

#3- The No Trade Mock

22- Dee Ford DE/OLB Auburn
54- Deone Bucannon S Wash St
86- Paul Richardson WR Colorado
122- Dontae Johnson CB NCSU
164-Matt Hazel WR Costal Carolina
236- Spencer Long G Nebraska

#4- The Trade Down to Collect Picks Mock

Trade! Eagles trade 22 to Saints for 26, 126, 167, 169

26- Dee Ford DE/OLB Auburn
54- Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt 
Trade! Eagles trade 86 and 167 to Jags for pick 79
79- Dion Baliey S USC
122- Yawin Smallwood LB UCONN
126- Dontae Johnson CB NCSU
162- Russell Bodine G/C UNC
169- Kevin Norwood WR Alabama
236- Jeoffery Pagen DT Alabama

#5- The Board is Decimated Take BPA Mock

22- Kyle Fuller CB VT
54- Deone Bucannon S Wash St
86- Trent Murphy DE/OLB Stanford
Trade! Eagles send picks 122 and 162 to Jax for pick 105
105- Paul Richardson WR Colorado
236- Chandler Jones WR SDST

My favorites- #3 and #4. 

Real life Eagles Draft Analysis-

Round 1- Trade!!!!! The value for need positions will be between 30-40 and the Eagles need more picks. I am cheering for a trade down 

If no trade down, I think the best scenario is taking a pass rusher. Pass Rushing options are lean. The value for WR's will be much better in Round 2. I don't see the need to draft a guy like Jordan Matthews at 22 when you can get a similar player (if not Matthews himself) later. I mocked Dee Ford a couple times, but I am warming up to Kony Ealy as a 3-4 pass rusing prospect. The exception here is if Calvin Pryor falls- take him!

Round 2- The WR round! The run on WR's will be fast and furious in round 2 and 54 is a great spot to grab one.  Matthews, Adams Latimer....one of the 3 should be there.  The exception here is if Deone Bucannon falls. Take him! 

Rounds 3 and 4- Secondary! Corners will be plentiful in this time frame. Safeties will be lean, but there are several tweener CB/S to take. I would like to see them grab 2 tweener guys and see who develops where. I really like the idea of Jaylen Watkins and Dontae Johnson in these rounds.

Rounds 5-7- Some combination of G, WR, ILB, NT
If no extra picks, the value seems to be in WR's and interior O linemen late.
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virtually any trade up is a loss.
You have to move up two spots for Anthony Barr to please me. (or something like that)
Any 10 spot move forward where there is an equitable player, even at another position, is a hard loss.

The Eagles have six picks.
They better make six ..... or more.
Otherwise, I will pan it.

You can't resist the "trade-up" even when you have already traded down, can you?

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyatemydingo wrote:
Virtually any trade up is a loss.
You have to move up two spots for Anthony Barr to please me. (or something like that)
Any 10 spot move forward where there is an equitable player, even at another position, is a hard loss.

The Eagles have six picks.
They better make six ..... or more.
Otherwise, I will pan it.

You can't resist the "trade-up" even when you have already traded down, can you?

Number of picks is way over rated. It doesn't matter the number if you don't pick the right guys. If the value lines up for a player you think can make an impact, make a move. This is a deep draft, so deep that the quality of player you can get in Rounds 6 and 7 perhaps even in the 5th are the same you can get as UDFA's after the draft.

Only 1 mock did I end up with less than 6 and that was because if I didn't move up to get Paul Richardson the WR market would be depleted and the Eagles need at least 1 WR from this draft who can come in and contribute. At that point in the draft, I thought Richardson would make more of an impact at a position of need than who I would have gotten at 122 and in the 5th combined. It's not ideal to only have 5 picks, but you can't get obsessed with the number of picks at the sacrifice of quality of player.

The only trade I might agree with you on is the move up to get Dion Bailey in Mock #4. I valued him higher than all the other Safeties left and that is a huge need. I saw a bunch of teams with potential safety needs and felt is was worth the loss of a 5th to make sure I got him. I probably could have stayed put at got him at 86.
Johnnygunnz

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:

Number of picks is way over rated. It doesn't matter the number if you don't pick the right guys.

Not in this draft. This is considered one of the deepest drafts EVER. 96 (or is it 97?) Jrs. in the draft this year means guys in the 5th and 6th this year would have been 3rd and 4th picks last year. Receivers picked in the 7th round might have value THIS season.

Though, you are right about picking the right guy. But with more picks, missed picks aren't as bad as long as you hit on some.
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mock draft #2. I got 3 picks right (2 not in the same round though) I win
at life.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: