Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

REDandPEWTER Finalized Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject: REDandPEWTER Finalized Mock Reply with quote

Probably going to be some eyes rolling on a pick or two. But From doing my homework of the offense, QB evaluation, and the determiniation to build a better football team depth and talent wise on both sides of the ball, I see this playing out.

1. Houston: Khalil Mack OLB Buffano
2. Trade* Atlanta via St. Louis: 2nd and 4th comp: Jadaveon Clowney DE SC
3. Jacksonville: Sammy Watkins WR Clemson
4. Cleveland: Johnny Manziel QB Texas AM
5. Minnesota via Oakland for a 3rd and 8th overall: Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville
6. St. Louis f/ATL: Mike Evans Texas AM
7. Tampa Bay Trades 7th overall pick to Dallas for their 2nd and 7th round selections to Select Aaron Donald DT Pittsburgh
8. Oakland: Anthony Barr OLB UCLA
9. Buffalo: Greg Robinson G/T Auburn
10. Detroit: Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State
11. Tennessee: Blake Bortles QB UCF
12. NY Giants: Jake Matthews T Texas AM
13. St. Louis: Taylor LEwan T Michigan
14. Chicago: Calvin Pryor S Louisville
15. Pittsburgh: Darquez Dennard CB Michigan State

16. Tampa Via Dallas: Odell Beckham JR Wr LSU

Quote:
Bucs gather Draft picks after missing out on Franchise QB Teddy Bridgewater. Everyone thinks Evans but with him being out, Bucs offense under new playcaller Jeff Tedford utilizes speed. Beckham is a game breaker and game changer. Can play inside and outside WR positions runs great routes and is fast, something we need in a #2 WR opposite V-Jax.

2nd 38 overral: Tampa Bay Selects: Jimmy Garoppolo QB Eastern Illinois

Quote:
I know I get flack for loving Garoppolo as a prospect, but I'm tying this together for positive reasons. Tedford's QB seems to fit the description: Athleticism, Accuracy, Decision Making, Intangible, Quick Release. Garoppolo fits the bill for this offense. While his 40 wasn't great, anyone who watched film shows he's got great mobility in the pocket and maneuver. With Jacksonville moving up and Houston trading for Mallett with a 3rd, I have Garoppolo being a Buc. With McCown in place, you don't have to rush Garoppolo, who has upside. However, if a Russell Wilson Seattle situation persists and he shows he's ready and wins the job, then you play him. But if SF/Kap situation persists, I'm ok with waiting it out. QB of the future.

2nd via dallas 47th overall: Scott Crichton DE Oregon State

Quote:
I would love this pick and with Lovie stating we need to go after the QB, Crichton fits the description of a guy with a non stop motor who has a more refined technique similar to Charles Johnson IMO.

3rd Round 69th overall Tampa Bay Selects: Dakota Dozier G Furman

Quote:
Bucs need to address the interior and trading down and acquiring picks, they address the WR-QB-G need immediately in 3 of 4 first picks. Dozier is a violent clocker who moves very well. I see him starting at LG or RG immediately.

DAY 3 Trades:
- Bucs move Adrian Clayborn to Jacksonville for their 5th Round Selection via Detroit.
- New England Trades 6th Round selection to Tampa for QB Mike Glennon
( Sorry guys, but no way do they get a 2nd or 3rd. Hard time seeing a 4th. for a back up )

Trade Summary: With Crichton and Garoppolo on board, both players become expendable. Crichton would join a DE rotation of Johnson-Bowers-Gholston-Means. Clayborn to me is the only one with some sort of Trade Value. Glennon, explained above.

5th Round 143 overall Tampa Bay Selects Anthony Johnson DT LSU

Quote:
Johnson has raw ability but shows the quick feet and burst to get off blocks. Does well in run game and has shown the ability to pressure the QB. Depth move with upside.

5th Round f/Jax via Detroit for Clayborn 150 overall Tampa Bay Selects Khairi Fortt LB California

Quote:
One of my underrated Prospects in this draft. Fortt can play inside and out, as very good range and sheds blocks pretty well. Has the ability to go side line to side line. Developing prospect who transferred from Penn State. Could compete at SLB immediately but might need a year at Special Teams

6th Round via Buffalo 185 overall Tampa bay Selects Ryan Grant WR Tulane

Quote:
Quick WR who is excellent for the slot. Smooth Route runner who has a knack for YAC.

6th round via new england 206 overall Tampa Bay Selects: Tyler Larsen G/C Utah State

Quote:
It seems what tedford and Lovie are looking for on offense on the line is Versatility. Larsen can play C and G and adds quality depth.

7th Round 221 overall, Tampa Bay Selects Jordan Najvar TE Baylor

Quote:
As much as we talk about speed in space, you need a changeup and redzone TE. Najvar can compete for the 3rd TE Spot with Crabtree, who could move to FB.

7th Via Dallas 231 overall Tampa bay Selects: Ciante Evans CB Nebraska

Quote:
Scrappy defender who makes plays and is a fit as a cover 2 CB. Depth competition.

Overall Draft Summary:
Quote:

1st: Odell Beckham WR LSU
2nd: Jimmy Garoppolo QB E. Ill
2nd: Scott Crichton DE Oregon State
3rd: Dakota Dozier G Furman
5th: Anthony Johnson DT LSU
5th: Khairi Fortt LB Cal
6th: Ryan Grant WR Tulane
6th: Tyler Larsen G/C Utah St
7th: Jordan Najvar TE Baylor
7th: Ciante Evans Cb Nebraska

Quote:
Evaluation/Explanation:
With 6 Picks heading into the draft, Licht's background is to build through the draft. Having to inherit a poorly structured/built team, Licht and Lovie utilized free agency to build their core. With Gerald McCoy and Lavonte david as NFL stars and All Pros at their respective positions, they needed to supplement the roster with Johnson, Verner and McDonald to effectively play the Tampa 2. Licht comes from the New England Old School and gathering picks to not only add talent to fit the system, but add quality depth to the roster. The Bucs lack depth in all years under Mark Dominik. Trading down and trading players who don't fit allows you to supplement your roster else where.

At 7th overall, the Bucs missed out on Manziel, Bridgewater, Evans and Watkins. Signing Collins and Dotson being a top 5 RT, Robinson and Matthews don't really fit. Beckham can be had in a trade down and Bucs add more picks to be able to build and strengthen the roster, as Dallas is hot after Donald.

2nd round, I have us taking Garoppolo and Crichton. Garoppolo, you have no pressure to play right away, although I think he can. I have the Bucs passing Bortles because I don't believe hes a great fit for Tedfords offense. If he's ready right away, he'll beat McCown out. He fits Tedfords offense and QB description to a T. Crichton to me is an underrated value who can come in and play LDE or RDE and be an effective pass rusher to start and rotate with Gholston. These two selections allow us to move Clayborn and Glennon to supplement other positions and depth

Dozier is a violent player and is an obvious selection. Anthony Johnson is a good value pick. He can challenge for playing time with Spence. Spence really didn't impress his rookie year nor shown much upside, so adding competition to his roster spot isn't a bad idea. Fortt is a guy I loved as a recruit coming from Penn State. He's a very good player but is a little raw and can be a special teams contributor. Can play ILB and OLB.

The 3 trade Partners I selected, New England has multiple 6th round picks, so forking one for Glennon isn't a bad idea. Thought about adding in a pick next year as well as it could have escalators for playing time. Jacksonville has a multitude of 4s and 5s from the Mike Thomas and Eugene Monroe trade. Dallas is a team motivated to win now and lacks the inside rusher to run the Tampa 2. they have multiple 7s as well.

This draft comes away with depth, and players that fit what we want to do on both sides of the ball.

53 Man projected depth: *Denotes Starter
Offense:
QB: *McCown/Garoppolo/Kafka
RB: *Martin/James/Demps/Rainey
FB: *Crabtree
WR:*Jackson/*Beckham*/Murphey/Grant/Owuso/Hawkins
TE: *Wright/Myers/Najvar
LT: *Collins/Cousins
LG: *Nicks/Meredith
C: *Smith/Larsen
RG:* Dozier
RT: *Dotson/Daniels

Defense:
LDE: *Gholston/Crichton/Bowers
DT: *McDonald/Spence
DT: *McCoy/Johnson
RDE: *Johnson/Means
SLB: *Casillas/Fortt
MLB: *Foster/Fletcher
WLB: David/Glaud
CB: *Verner/*Banks/*Jenkins/Anthony/Evans
FS: *Goldson/Tandy
SS: *Barron/Wright

K-Barth
P- Koenen
EySlothy

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would prefer Cooks, everything else is solid.
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Way we would trade Glennon for only a 6th, and Moving Clayborn for a 5th, Laughing
No one would trade for Clayborn because he is in contract year. Rather just see what he can do,
But other than that and Garpololo it is a good Mock

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 43 Catches 561 Yards 2 TDs
Mariota or Bust
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
No Way we would trade Glennon for only a 6th, and Moving Clayborn for a 5th, Laughing
No one would trade for Clayborn because he is in contract year. Rather just see what he can do,

- Clayborn: Jacksonville could use DL help. In the 5th which Jacksonville has multiple, why not get him over a de who may not make a roster? Not really a high risk even if they lose him next year.

- glennon: what do you think he's worth? In this draft class he'd be lucky to go in the 5th.
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:

- Clayborn: Jacksonville could use DL help. In the 5th which Jacksonville has multiple, why not get him over a de who may not make a roster? Not really a high risk even if they lose him next year.

- glennon: what do you think he's worth? In this draft class he'd be lucky to go in the 5th.

Jacksonville already signed 2 or 3 DEs this offseason.
If New England wants a QB for the future they would draft one early, Not trade a 6th for one and Hope he can be the next tom brady

Mariota or Bust
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:

If New England wants a QB for the future they would draft one early, Not trade a 6th for one and Hope he can be the next tom brady

Glennon would not be their qb of the future my friend.
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:

Then why would they trade for him

Mariota or Bust
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:

Then why would they trade for him

With 3 years left and high possibility Mallett gets deal or leaves, back up qb.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One. You know my stance on Jimmy G. No need to beat that dead horse. Besides that the draft looks good.

Two. Hate both trades. Glennon showed that in the right system is an adequate NFL QB, so to take a two round hit on him just a year later? Yuck. We should at a minimum be able to get a fourth round pick for him. BARE minimum.

Why would we trade Clayborn when he is on the last year of a cheap rookie contract? Especially for that pick? Let him rotate or start at LE and lets see what we got in him. No sense in trading away very solid depth at a bare minimum.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
One. You know my stance on Jimmy G. No need to beat that dead horse. Besides that the draft looks good.

Two. Hate both trades. Glennon showed that in the right system is an adequate NFL QB, so to take a two round hit on him just a year later? Yuck. We should at a minimum be able to get a fourth round pick for him. BARE minimum.

Why would we trade Clayborn when he is on the last year of a cheap rookie contract? Especially for that pick? Let him rotate or start at LE and lets see what we got in him. No sense in trading away very solid depth at a bare minimum.

Well what I have us doing is drafting Crichton. So where does Clayborn fit? If he offers some sort of trade value, why not utilize the pick to solidify another position? Both trades occur after we take a qb and de.

On glennon: he showed he was "adequate" during a 3-4 game stretch. He was horrific in all other outings. I was doing some extra film study and you notice his ball placement is not on par with a starting qb. He misses too many opportunity because he's late on timing, will throw behind a wr and rarely hits them in stride. Plays too safe. He'd be a 5th/6tj rd guy in this draft to be honest.

He's your typical back up qb IMO. He can come in and not turn the ball over and ride a defensive effort a few games but won't put points on the board. If he's your starter long term well your picking top 10 every year.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand some don't like, well most don't like garoppolo. But his game fits our offense and if we don't use a pick on a qb in round 1, I'd place our chances near 40% he could be the target round 2. He's probably the 2nd best accurate thrower in this draft with the quickest release.

I know this is my mock , but I've been reading a lot of reports and analysis on Connor Shaw. There's a lot of scouts that like his upside and peg him to an offense similar to ours as a fit. I have to try and do more research but I remember him most as a winner but I guy that exposes himself to too many hits and gets hurt. Reminiscent of Jeff Garcia. I don't know if it's the style of play that exposes the injuries or if it's he's a fragile player to contact.

I know many like Carr and I want to like him. But I don't see enough down field throws. His INT numbers are flawed a bit to me because he doesn't take enough risks down the field. Now it could be that offense he played in. But I'm liking Teddy and garoppolo before him. I'm growing on AJ McArron as well. I know there was a bucs nation article that says Mccaron doesn't have any tools that fit Tedfords system. I'm not in 100% agreement. He has very good ball placement/accuracy. Refined mechanics and release.
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:

Well what I have us doing is drafting Crichton. So where does Clayborn fit? If he offers some sort of trade value, why not utilize the pick to solidify another position? Both trades occur after we take a qb and de.

On glennon: he showed he was "adequate" during a 3-4 game stretch. He was horrific in all other outings. I was doing some extra film study and you notice his ball placement is not on par with a starting qb. He misses too many opportunity because he's late on timing, will throw behind a wr and rarely hits them in stride. Plays too safe. He'd be a 5th/6tj rd guy in this draft to be honest.

He's your typical back up qb IMO. He can come in and not turn the ball over and ride a defensive effort a few games but won't put points on the board. If he's your starter long term well your picking top 10 every year.

He was not Horrific in other outings, I am getting alot of hate ever time i say this but Glennon was not why we lost games, It was the Coaching. Glennon did the best he could do in a bad system.

Mariota or Bust
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like when people throw the word "hate" around. Glennon played the same way he did last year as college. Utilizes his check downs too often. Inconsistent anticipation. Schiano over drafted him IMO.

Edit. Everything you saw "wrong" with glennons play I listed had nothing to so wit the system or coaching.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its ok....not a fan of the Jimmy G pick.....
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I REALLY like the OBJ then after that not so much.

I'd cry if we trade Clayborn for a 5th round pick then I'd cry even more if we trade Glennon for a 6th round pick.

Mike Evans 57 - 935 - 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: