Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Ideal 7 Round Mock Draft
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nathan004

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:48 am    Post subject: My Ideal 7 Round Mock Draft Reply with quote

Let's assume that Watkins, Mack, Clowney and 1-2 of either the 3 top OT's are gone by #7. Let's also assume Tampa has no plans of going QB at #7, which I don't either. What would you do? In this draft I want to address needs as well as getting best value as possible.

Buy in to the fact that we need a WR. A stud WR. Is Evans the guy? He could be, but all I am hearing lately out of Tedford's planned offense is "speed in space". Not exactly what Evans is known for. Evans is a top end speed guy who excels in jump ball battles and has above average hands and route running. Tampa already has that in Vincent Jackson and, to be frank, hasn't sold me as an elite prospect. Tedford knows who he wants and L/L are on the same page.

Enjoy or rip apart. It was fun regardless. Draft Countdown begins...

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Draft

1.7 - New York Jets trade up from 18 to 7. Tampa acquires 1.18, 2.29 and next years NYJ 2nd rounder.

Call it poetic justice. Licht and Lovie cut their losses early by dumping Revis and are now in recovery mode by getting picks back from the very team the Schiano/Dominik era traded them away to.

1.18 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers selects Brandin Cooks

When you talk about speed in space, you should really look at this kid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYr5OLsZDps

Great speed. Good hands. Nice and focused kid. Put the pure route running burner opposite Vincent Jackson and there's no way you can cover both one on one. This opens the field wide open. Offense addresses it's biggest need and does it well by acquiring who they need/want and adding premium picks in the process.

1.29 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers trade from 2.38. New England acquires 2.38 5.143 and Mike Glennon.

New England is known for wild draft day moves to acquire more picks/players. Here they do Tampa a favor by allowing them to move ahead of other position needy teams for this next pick as well as find a home for Mike Glennon.

1.29 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Derek Carr

I actually like Mike Glennon. I'm just not sure that the new regime does as well. While this pick is a little slap in the face to Mike, it works out for all parties. tampa gets their potential new QB. New England only loses 9 spots but gains a 5th and a Brady understudy.

Now to Carr. I assume Manziel and Bortles are gone by this pick (Thinking by Minnesota and Cleveland). Tampa decides to get ahead of Houston (Clowney/Mack) and Jax (Clowney/Mack) in the QB lottery to get the new QB of the future. Why Carr and not Bridgewater? IMO, Carr is the better arm. Not as mobile and maybe not as football savvy. I'll sum it up with this. Teddy puts the ball in the area where the receiver can go and get it. Carr puts the ball where the receiver needs to be to catch it. Understand the difference?

Look at Carr's highlights vs. Teddy's. Carr's release and accuracy are easily more precise. I'll give Teddy better pocket presence and mobility but he tends to complete more passes that are near a receiver and rather than to them. Carr get's the opportunity to transition gradually under McCown. For how long is the question.

Carr - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5wr82ZRUjc
Teddy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br9-OACeru4

2.49 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Kyle Van Noy OLB

Van Noy is quick, tough and relentless. Reminds me a little of Shawn Merriman. A little over aggressive tackler but is a natural talent at OLB if you ask me. Best spot for him to progress is in Lovie's defense. I'll let his highlights speak for themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8kVKo5HiV0

3.69 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Troy Niklas TE

Here's your other big bodied target that so many mock drafts for Tampa have been written about. Except it's not Mike Evans. Coming right out of the Tony Gonzalez mold, Niklas is another new target for McCow to choose from and for Carr to grow around. Martin, Vjax, Cooks and now Niklas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8El7dM_d3I

4.104 - Traded to Jets in 2013.

5.143 - Traded to New England.

6.185 (via Buffalo Bills) - Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Brandon Linder OG

Not a lot of film on this kid but shows solid form and strength with good arm extension. Worth a look in the 6th and addresses a need that may be taken much earlier than 6th round.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aRTjLbu2pg

7.221 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Cassius Marsh DE

Depth pick here. With Johnson, Clayborn and Bowers leading the charge Marsh comes in to fight for rotational play. Good push off the snap but gets held up easy. Lovie would need to put some time in to it but could pay off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FykVLCSpAGk

Location: From Boston, MA ... Hate Pats and rest of NFCS GO Bucs!
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I like any draft which moves Glennon, adds a talented arm, gives us legitimate speed outside at wr, and depth at LB with a relentless player. Trades maybe somewhat crazy but I like it.

Nice job.

Congrads to 55 on HOF! To Revis FU! & MG#8 & his mob must go!
nathan004

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would kill for this draft. Three stud offensive weapons and a solid LB in Can Noy. Guard probably needed to be addressed higher but I think depth there is okay now.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan004 wrote:
I would kill for this draft. Three stud offensive weapons and a solid LB in Can Noy. Guard probably needed to be addressed higher but I think depth there is okay now.

I would love this one too!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see licht making any noise though unless he is able to trade down. Watkins Mack and mayb even Evans would need to be gone. I think we end up with Evans but would prefer Cooks with done premium picks.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan004 wrote:
I don't see licht making any noise though unless he is able to trade down. Watkins Mack and mayb even Evans would need to be gone. I think we end up with Evans but would prefer Cooks with done premium picks.

See I don't think Evans is high on our list for some reason just bc it seems we want a different style of play wr accross from Jackson.
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF we cut the 5th out of the Trade up for carr and take another OG it would be great

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 43 Catches 561 Yards 2 TDs
#FireLovie
nathan004

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
IF we cut the 5th out of the Trade up for carr and take another OG it would be great

If New England views Glennon as a third round value trade then it could be possible. I did consider going b2b OG in the 6th and 7th but I figured value at that round was too low.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan004 wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:

If New England views Glennon as a third round value trade then it could be possible. I did consider going b2b OG in the 6th and 7th but I figured value at that round was too low.

See I don't think any team will view glennon as a 3rd round value in this draft as a qb.
nathan004

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
nathan004 wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:

See I don't think any team will view glennon as a 3rd round value in this draft as a qb.

I tried to keep it realistic. Plus, adding Glennon to a 5th makes it a good trade for New England to move out of the first round.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I think New England will be looking for a back up qb in this draft , more likely through trade. It seems like the texans have been dropping minor hints they may not be interested in a starting qb in this draft. I think they may fork over a 3rd and additional pick next year with escalators for Mallett. obrien is comfortable with him.
nathan004

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Yeah. I think New England will be looking for a back up qb in this draft , more likely through trade. It seems like the texans have been dropping minor hints they may not be interested in a starting qb in this draft. I think they may fork over a 3rd and additional pick next year with escalators for Mallett. obrien is comfortable with him.

I think the key here is just getting value out of Glennon now if Lovie really has no plans for him.

I'm also starting to think that guard should have been addressed earlier. I just love Van Noys play and am a Cougars fan so my home rims took over. Regardless, this will be a great haul.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, I would be so happy with this draft. I love Cooks, Carr and Van Noy.

Niklas is an interesting one. That's my only question mark because I haven't seen much of him. Overall this is great.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great draft.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only thing that can really be questioned is whether G should be addressed earlier. Other then that the players selected are all very solid. I would be happy if our draft went down like this.

Mike Evans 49 - 841 - 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: