Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What I would do Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FRO

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:55 am    Post subject: What I would do Mock Reply with quote

Note: If the first round looks familiar, it is. KG had the same first round, and I loved it like the rest of his draft.

This is my second to last mock. My next mock will be a prediction mock. This is my last one for what I would do if I were drafting for the Rams.

Sign:
- Alex Carrington DT Buffalo- Young talented DT who provides much needed DT depth. Fits Waufle's mold of a defensive lineman.

- Shaun Hill QB Detroit- One of the best backup QBs in the league. Fills a much needed hole behind Bradford.

- Kenny Britt WR Tennessee- One year prove it deal. If he can play to his abilities then we win big.

- Harvey Dahl OG St Louis (dependent on health)- Knows the system, and solid when healthy.

Trade:
- Isaiah Pead to Denver for Ronnie Hillman

-Trade picks 13, 75, and a 2015 5th to Minnesota for pick 8

Note- I used CBS's round projections when doing my picks, so if you comment that player x won't be there for that pick, just know I wasn't the one projecting them there.
Draft:
Round 1 Pick 2- Sammy Watkins WR Clemson- A true number 1 WR when developed. As a freshman he was a first team All American joining Herschel Walker, Marshall Faulk, and Adrian Peterson as the only others to achieve that. Has great speed and quickness. Can play physical as well. Catches with his hands extended from his body. Highly productive. Is known to be very driven.

Round 1 Pick 8- Jake Matthews OT Texas A&M- Very quick, athletic, technically sound. Will protect the passer. Can line up anywhere on the line. Is a positive in the run game. With an NFL diet and strength program he will improve his strength leaving no real flaws to his game. Plug and play player for the next 10+ years.

Round 2 Pick 12- Jimmie Ward FS Northern Illinois- Athletic and productive. Can line up in multiple spots on defense. Has a nose for the ball. Creates turnovers. Has great speed and quickness for a safety. Slightly undersized, but can easily add muscle to get to 200 lbs.

Round 4 Pick 10- EJ Gaines CB Missouri- Productive SEC CB. Can line up outside and in the slot. Very good athlete. Would be picked higher in most other drafts.

Round 5 Pick 13- Antone Exum DB Virginia Tech- Big CB/FS tweener. Played at a high level at Virginia Tech, but has endured injuries which has drove down his draft stock.

Round 6 Pick 12- Brandon Thomas OG Clemson- A second round talent available late due to knee tear in private workouts. Redshirt him for a year and plug him in at LG.

Round 6 Pick 38- Michael Sam DE Missouri- Hayes and Simms are free agents after the season, Sam would have a year to develop before getting thrown into the rotation. Sam is a better football player than athlete.

Round 7 Pick 12- Garrett Gilbert QB SMU- Great arm talent. Was terrible at Texas, and finally put things together his last year at SMU. Has the physical ability of a much higher pick. Needs to be developed.

Round 7 Pick 26- Henry Josey RB Missouri- A great candidate for the change of pace back. Very fast and agile. Had great college production. Gruesome knee injury tanked his draft status.

Round 7 Pick 34- Colt Lyerla TE Oregon- Taking a flier on a talented player. Off the field issues with Lyerla, but has starter potential.

Round 7 Pick 35- James Morris LB Iowa- Very productive at Iowa and showed great athleticism at his pro-day.

QB- Sam Bradford
RB- Zac Stacy
FB- Corey Harkey
TE- Jared Cook
TE- Lance Kendricks
WR- Sammy Watkins
WR- Tavon Austin
WR- Stedman Bailey
LT- Jake Long
LG- Joe Barksdake/Harvey Dahl/Barrett Jones
C- Scott Wells/Barrett Jones
RG- Rodger Saffold
RT- Jake Matthews

DE- Robert Quinn
DE- Chris Long
DT- Kendall Langford
DT- Michael Brockers
WLB- Alec Ogletree
MLB- James Laurinaitis
SLB- Jo-Lonn Dunbar
CB- Janoris Jenkins
CB- Trumaine Johnson
CB- Rodney McLeod/EJ Gaines/Brandon McGee/Greg Reid
FS- Jimmie Ward
SS- TJ McDonald

K- Greg Zuerline
P- Johnny Heckker

RGIII Trade Returns:
Michael Brockers
Janoris Jenkins
Isaiah Pead
Rok Watkins
Alec Ogletree
Stedman Bailey
Zac Stacy
Sammy Watkins
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously, I LOVE the 1st round...

Wink

As far as the rest of the draft, like the Ward pick in the 2nd round. Hope he would make it to us there...

Gilbert is interesting. We've showed interest in him, but he's an enigma to me. Plus, I still think we're going to take a QB earlier (2-5 round range)...

Love the Thomas pick, but don't think he makes it to the 6th even with the injury...

Really like the 7th rounders. Those all are the types of talents I like to take fliers on...

Nice job...

IDOG_det on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
FRO

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
Obviously, I LOVE the 1st round...

Wink

As far as the rest of the draft, like the Ward pick in the 2nd round. Hope he would make it to us there...

Gilbert is interesting. We've showed interest in him, but he's an enigma to me. Plus, I still think we're going to take a QB earlier (2-5 round range)...

Love the Thomas pick, but don't think he makes it to the 6th even with the injury...

Really like the 7th rounders. Those all are the types of talents I like to take fliers on...

Nice job...

I wanted to put Aaron Murray to us in the 4th, but I still needed to address the CB issue.

If Ward isn't there in the second I would either take Brooks or a CB. We need DB help and there will be good quality in the second.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can honestly say I would not be unhappy about this result. I'm not a big Watkins at #2 kinda guy, but getting Matthews helps that along quite nicely. I do have serious doubts that Ward makes it to our 2nd round pick, which really is an important part of this mock. Don't disagree with any of the remaining picks really. Like it.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
Wr80

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it, I just listened to Issac talk about Watkins yesterday, he is very high on him. He think sees everything in him that you would want from a WR. I've always been sold on him though.
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice mock and a 1st round result to be extremely happy about. Only thing I'd consider changing is swapping out Sam for more OLine depth. DE isn't really a position of need and we could probably use more depth on the line with Thomas likely red shirting for the season.

titan on the sig
2muchcornbread

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see the Rams taking Watkins with the 2nd pick.
But why trade up to 8?
It's quite possible Lewan is available at 13. If not Martin is an option.
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2muchcornbread wrote:
I can see the Rams taking Watkins with the 2nd pick.
But why trade up to 8?
It's quite possible Lewan is available at 13. If not Martin is an option.

Neither Lewan or Martin are anywhere near as good as Matthews. Moving up gets us 2 of the best 5 or 6 players in the draft. Easy decision imo.

titan on the sig
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still am not on board with Watkins at #2. But I can't complain with the guys we came away with.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this is realistic or not, but that's the optimal first two picks for you guys IMO.
jjab360

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate Watkins at 2, but if I guess that's offset by Matthews at 8.

If we took Matthews at 2 and Watkins at 8 I'd be fine with it, so I guess I wouldn't come away unhappy with the first round.

Rest of the mock seems decent.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: