Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

7-round German mock draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chainz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: 7-round German mock draft Reply with quote

Hey,

like every year we have a mock draft taking place in our German NFL forum. Once again I took the Ravens and would like to hear your opinions, as I've just finished the Ravens draft.

2 trades:

Ravens sent #17 and #79 to the New Orleans Saints for #27, #58 and #91
Ravens sent #58, #91 and #194 to the Chicago Bears for #51, #117 and #191

#27 Ravens (from Saints) - Timmy Jernigan, DT, Florida State
#48 Ravens - JaWuan James, OT, Tennessee
#51 Ravens (from Bears) - Deone Bucannon, S, Washington State
comp#99 Ravens - Terrance West, RB, Towson
#117 Ravens (from Bears) - Christian Jones, LB, FSU
comp#134 Ravens - Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers
comp#138 Ravens - A.J. McCarron, QB, Alabama
comp#175 Ravens - Ricardo Allen, CB, Purdue
#191 Ravens (from Bears) - Joe Don Duncan, TE, Dixie State

Here you can have a look at the whole draft: http://www.nfl-talk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25439
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of the first two picks. Especially Jernigan. His only fit in a 3-4 alignment (regardless if it's a 1 or 2 gap scheme) is at nose tackle and that's not a need or a place the Baltimore has snaps available for at all. As a player I actually like him but the fit is terrible. James on the other hand is someone I don't think is a particularly good prospect and isn't worth the 48th pick.

The rest of it looks alright. Bucannon isn't an ideal fit next to Elam but I think the tandem could work. West is decent with the 99th pick. Maybe a bit high but that's where I see the team start looking to address the position. Jones is probably my least favorite pick of the rest but at least he's not the lowly-valued thumper that they could get as an undrafted free agent. I really like Coleman that late. McCarron is a good backup prospect. Allen might be decent competition for the nickel spot. Duncan is pretty old for a guy that will have some transitioning to do but at that point he's fine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: