Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Landry vs Moncrief
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Franck8666


Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Posts: 87
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Landry vs Moncrief Reply with quote

At 60, who do you draft between Jarvis Landry http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1937072-jarvis-landry-scouting-report-nfl-outlook-for-lsu-wr

and Donte Moncrief http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1960854-donte-moncrief-scouting-report-nfl-outlook-for-mississippi-wr

I have a man crush on Landry due to his excellent route running and toughnest show on tape. He seem more NFL ready to me than a less polished but bigger and more athletic Montecrief
_________________
Panthers need no WR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Franck8666


Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Posts: 87
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first play of this highlights explain my man crush on Landry Razz https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYU5cM27-BI
_________________
Panthers need no WR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
james.mcmurry13


Moderator
Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 32363
Location: North Carolina
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be pretty torn, think I'd lean slightly towards Moncreif, personally.

As for who would actually be the pick if those two are the top rated prospects available, I think it would unquestionably be Moncreif.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TROJANPANTHER


Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 1213
Location: NM
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gimme Moncrief. More upside, and I think he's more polished than people give him credit for. But I've been warming up to Landry lately.
_________________

Carolina Kitten - Sig God.

NFL - Panthers
College - USC, UNM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boondock


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 21254
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think both are on the same playing field right now, but Moncrief has the higher ceiling at the end of the day. I'll take him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Impulser12000


Joined: 02 Mar 2005
Posts: 2303
Location: SO CAL
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

both are good options IMO (man this draft is deep in WR). I'd personally hope for Davante Adams to fall but if not I'd take Moncrief, more upside as the others said.
_________________


CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Panthers11


Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 24835
Location: FSU: Go Noles
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvis Landry. Would make the tough catches for Cam and be a solid target in the red zone.
_________________

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ericr0319


Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Posts: 1026
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neither.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
89 06 MVP


Joined: 17 Dec 2009
Posts: 789
Location: Charlotte,NC
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At 60 neither I would hope Adams or Cody Latimer sitting there......But if I had to choose it would be Moncrief he has more upside than Landry.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ericr0319


Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Posts: 1026
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys hate KB. didnt Landry run like a 4.7?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
james.mcmurry13


Moderator
Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 32363
Location: North Carolina
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:
you guys hate KB. didnt Landry run like a 4.7?


Plays a lot faster than that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Franck8666


Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Posts: 87
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If KB is available at 60 (it's unlikely) I believe he is a better player, but he won't be available, Landry and Montecrief are going too. Landry run a 4.55 at his pro day.
_________________
Panthers need no WR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ericr0319


Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Posts: 1026
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:
you guys hate KB. didnt Landry run like a 4.7?


Plays a lot faster than that.
cant you say that about everyone lol? he plays faster than that. that literally has no meaning. you cannot play faster than a number. its impossible. i mean im sure he can running faster than 4.7. but you cannot play faster than you are. it is impossible.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
james.mcmurry13


Moderator
Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 32363
Location: North Carolina
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:
you guys hate KB. didnt Landry run like a 4.7?


Plays a lot faster than that.
cant you say that about everyone lol? he plays faster than that. that literally has no meaning. you cannot play faster than a number. its impossible. i mean im sure he can running faster than 4.7. but you cannot play faster than you are. it is impossible.


If you want to be technical you would really say the opposite. Obviously nobody is going to be as fast in full pads as they are in shorts.

But as the expression goes, he doesn't look like a 4.77 on tape. When you watch him play he doesn't look slower than the guys who ran 4.55/4.6ish. He'll never be confused for a speed demon, but his functional speed is fine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ericr0319


Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Posts: 1026
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:
you guys hate KB. didnt Landry run like a 4.7?


Plays a lot faster than that.
cant you say that about everyone lol? he plays faster than that. that literally has no meaning. you cannot play faster than a number. its impossible. i mean im sure he can running faster than 4.7. but you cannot play faster than you are. it is impossible.


If you want to be technical you would really say the opposite. Obviously nobody is going to be as fast in full pads as they are in shorts.

But as the expression goes, he doesn't look like a 4.77 on tape. When you watch him play he doesn't look slower than the guys who ran 4.55/4.6ish. He'll never be confused for a speed demon, but his functional speed is fine.
maybe its just an LSU comparison, but I just see Brandon Lafell all over ago. Nothing seems to set them apart. Better hands probably, i mean he has to have better hands than LA.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group