Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

KK's Last & Final 2014 Baltimore Ravens Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Haaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnn? (French Montana voice)
Best mock I've seen yet.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Solid.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
So..So...
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
Horrible. Try again.
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

KiddKillah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: KK's Last & Final 2014 Baltimore Ravens Mock Draft Reply with quote

Trade!

Houston trades pick #33 and pick #65 to Baltimore for pick #17.
- Houston panics and leap frogs Arizona who looks to grab Teddy Bridgewater at 20.

Round 2 - Pick No. 33 (f/Houston)
Joel Bitonio - OL - Nevada

Reason: We lose out on Zach Martin at 17, but find his poor man clone. One of the fastest rising players in the draft, Bitonio is a versatile talent that can play any position on the offensive line. Very athletic, he'd flourish in Kubiak's ZBS. Might not be the sexiest pick, but would be a very effective pick.

Trade!

Ravens trade pick #48 and pick #79 to St. Louis for pick #44 and pick #110.
- Ravens see a falling talent dropping low and move up in front of their rival Pittsburgh to grab him.

Round 2 - Pick No. 44 (f/St. Louis)
Kelvin Benjamin - WR - Florida State

Reason: Might take some heat for it, but I like it and it makes sense. Pittsburgh are believed to be looking for a WR similar to Plaxico Burress. Benjamin compares to him a lot. Wouldn't it be beautiful to steal a guy they possibly covet? The Ravens on the other hand would land a beastly talent. Give him a year or 2 to learn behind Steve Smith and he'd be slowly groomed to become a starting receiver for us. The Ravens already seem to be interested as they've met with Benjamin, so why not? He and Marlon give us match up nightmares in the red zone. A future core of Smith-Benjamin-Brown would be something to watch.

Round 3 - Pick No. 65 (f/Houston)
Terrence Brooks - FS - Florida State

Reason: At this point, Brooks would be the best remaining FS prospect that could possibly start for us day 1. Fast, athletic, finesse type player that plays very aggressive. One thing he can work on is his ball skills, but his fluid movement around the field should help him improve on that trait. Brooks and Stewart would be a solid duo for 2014.

Round 3 - Pick No. 99 (Compensatory)
Terrance West - RB - Towson

Reason: Rice suspended and coming off a bad year. Pierce coming off an injury plus a bad year also. RB is in my opinion a top 3 need. Insert Terrance West. The productive local star is a steal at this point. I'd be surprised if he last this long but it definitely is possible with the higher named school guys grabbing all the attention (Hyde, Sankey, Mason). I'm going to say it now, West will be the best back to come out of this draft. If you watch his tape, he does everything pretty well. The only thing he lacks is speed but he makes up for it with his ruthless, reckless running style.

Round 4 - Pick No. 110 (f/St Louis)
Brandon Thomas - OL - Clemson

Reason: The Kapron Lewis-Moore move of this year. Stash him away on injured reserve for a year and next year have a good problem with him coming back fighting for a spot on the o-line. A first round talent, that we land in the 4th? Classic Ozzie Newsome.

Round 4 - Pick No. 134 (Compensatory)
Caraun Reid - DT - Princeton

Reason: D-line depth. Reid is a solid player who is versatile that can play any position on the d-line. He is a perfect fit for 3-4 teams such as ourselves. Great pick at this juncture.

Round 4 - Pick No. 138 (Compensatory)
Michael Sam - LB - Missouri

Reason: Controversial pick. I like it though. Sam isn't really great at anything but a player who will find ways to contribute. He can provide depth at the OLB position. Don't really expect him to be a star but a player who can step in and provide a breather for Suggs and Doom.

Round 5 - Pick No. 175 (Compensatory)
Yawin Smallwood - LB - Connecticut

Reason: Depth at inside linebacker. Can't go wrong this late.

Round 6 - Pick No. 194
Dexter McDougle - CB - Maryland

Reason: Could have been addressed earlier, but I believe in Brown and Jackson enough to have them compete for the #3 spot.

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
drd23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate the Michael Sam pick, dislike the Kelvin Benjamin (highly rated because of a potential he will never reach) and Terrence West (too many good RBs available later to use such a valuable pick at a fairly fungible position) picks and I think there will likely be a better CB prospect than McDougle available at our 6th round pick.

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Bridgewater is available, I'd think we'd land much more in a trade back then that deal has us receive. At the very least I'd see a future pick involved in the deal.

In terms of the mock...

I like Bitonio, I wouldn't be against that pick at all.

Benjamin, I don't like. First off, he's overrated. Had a top QB prospect throwing him the ball. Has inconsistent hands. Limited collegiate production. And for him to be as big as he is, he's not a physical WR. He's a big finesse WR that's overly reliant on his height to win battles as opposed to using his size and strength to manhandle defensive backs and dominate at the catch point. He lacks explosive ability and suddenness. Meaning he will struggle to gain separation at the next level. Combined with his lack of physicality to his game (you can't teach mentality) and you've got a beefier and older version of Marlon Brown. If we're going to invest 2-3 years in a big WR with that skill set, might as well be Brown.

I like the Terrance Brooks pick. I also find the Terrance West pick to be a good one. Not sure where he'll go. I doubt we take him quite as high as you've got us taking him, I think he's more of a BPA in the 4th. That said, with the extra 4th rounder. I think it might not be so bad to target him that high. He's exactly the type of back that I think would compliment our current runners really well.

Brandon Thomas is a quality pick. Haven't scouted Caruan Reid.

I don't like the Michael Sam pick for us. I like him as a player and think that he will be a very productive player in the league with a team. However we are stacked at DL depth... And he doesn't offer us a different pass rushing dimension. Sam also isn't the type to be a good special teamer. He has his niche and that's what he likes to do. He's not going to go out of his way to be a special teamer IMO.

I don't see Smallwood lasting that long. It's a weak ILB class and he's one of the better talents. That said, if available, I like what he brings to the table.

McDougle I'd see as more of a 7th round/UDFA option tbqh. I liked him awhile back but he's missed so much time and hasn't shown me anything in the draft season. That said he's definitely athletic and if he were a 7th round guy, I like his potential down the road, but in the 6th there should be superior players available IMO.

All in all, I'd grade it a C+... It's very potiential oriented. I don't see the potential there in many of those players you took, but I can't deny that it is there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: