Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pluckys Final Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Plucky

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Pluckys Final Mock Reply with quote

1(#20) With many options on the board the cardinals take a small trade back with Cleveland to #26 and gain an additional pick in the third round #83 overall

1(#26) Ryan Shazier OLB/ILB Ohio State I know many wont like his pick but he can play inside and out for us, crazy athleticism, and great bend for rushing the corner, experienced, can cover, play the run and blitz. Can start inside for us if Dwash gets suspended but eventually I look for him to wind up outside. Might even play some qb spy with the rushing qbs we have in our division. Overall, a nice weapon to have on our defense

2(#37) How did we get here? Well we bunch up our 2nd rounder #52 and add in our 3rd round #84 and move up and select
Deone Bucannon S Wash State. Great body, nice speed and range willing to lay the wood yet not a liability in coverage. I expect him to make a strong push for starting day 1.

3(#83) A.J. McCarron QB Alabama - Keim and company finally get their qb to groom. Not the most gifted athlete but hes a winner. I think they play off his intangibles give him a year or two behind palmer and hes ready to go. Honestly, I see a little Tom Brady in him

4(#120) C.J. Fiedorowicz TE Iowa Nice build, can block but also pretty good at catching a pass. His role was limited in college but I think he can expand, his athleticism is highly underrated

5(#160) Brent Urban DE Virginia A little raw and needs work on his technique but you cant teach size at 67 290+ pounds (CC Clone). I look for him to solidify our depth this year, learn the game and potential starter next year if we move on from dockett

6(#196) Dontae Johnson CB/S NC State Really nice size, can be someone we groom for next year if cro leaves. Otherwise we take a shot on a flyer who can help play special teams and provide some depth

Another player I like here is Maurice mo Alexander. I think he is really talented but an off the field issue has hurt his stock. I would also pick him here or try to get him as an UDFA

Thoughts/comments/have at it
mtdowner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's plenty of guys I like better in round 1 than Shazier but I don't hate the pick. I think he's going to struggle inside playing through trash and taking on blockers and I don't really see how he fits on the outside. But I'm sure Bowles could find a way to get some production out of him.

I really don't like trading up for Buccanon. Would much rather see who's available at 52 and still have a 3rd round pick. But I do think Buccanon can be a productive player in the NFL.

I really really hope we don't draft McCarron. I'd love to know what you think he does well besides "win".

I'm pretty meh on CJ Fied. He's a stud in the run game but I don't really see him producing much as a receiver. But not a bad pick at that point in the draft.

Haven't seen much on Urban but I love that size. Same goes for Johnson but I love his size and athleticism as well.
Plucky

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
There's plenty of guys I like better in round 1 than Shazier but I don't hate the pick. I think he's going to struggle inside playing through trash and taking on blockers and I don't really see how he fits on the outside. But I'm sure Bowles could find a way to get some production out of him.

I really don't like trading up for Buccanon. Would much rather see who's available at 52 and still have a 3rd round pick. But I do think Buccanon can be a productive player in the NFL.

I really really hope we don't draft McCarron. I'd love to know what you think he does well besides "win".

I'm pretty meh on CJ Fied. He's a stud in the run game but I don't really see him producing much as a receiver. But not a bad pick at that point in the draft.

Haven't seen much on Urban but I love that size. Same goes for Johnson but I love his size and athleticism as well.

Just looking at rumors and around the net I think our 1st rounder comes down to a safety, hageman or shazier. I wouldn't mind any of the 3. I don't think deon makes it out of the top half of the second round and we still retain one of our 3rd rounders. CJ is nice value, I'm higher on him then most but he's the perfect arians TE block first-catch later. Idk what to think about mccarron but I think we do take a qb in this draft had a hard time finding who and where. I was between him and met but I think met goes round 2. Urban is a player I'm really high on if we don't get hageman hes a bull. Overall, It's really not exactly what I want but from reading around I think its realistic
Plucky

duplicate

Last edited by Plucky on Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Plucky

duplicate
holeman1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

replace Shazier with Mosley and replace McCarron with the best O-lineman available and this is perfect IMO. nice mock overall.

also, I don't buy into that 'winner' aspect of a prospect, Leinert was a winner, J Russell was a winner...
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside of McCarron and Shazier, I like it a lot

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate Shazier and McCarron. Me and lucky see eye to eye on a lot of things lol. Like Bucannon a lot though.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like trading back, but who exactly is Cleveland going to trade up for at that spot? Guaranteeing themselves a QB?

Shazier I don't like, but I can see the fit. Right now is far more athlete than linebacker for me. He is never going to be an every down pass rushing linebacker in the NFL, but as a blitzer from the inside should be OK.

I would not classify him as an OLB at all. Just not going to fit that role in our defense. Biggest issue with Shazier is his lack of instincts and over aggressive nature. He takes so many false steps, is not a good head up run defender and can be taken advantage of with ease by misdirection and playaction.

Don't like him. Would be excited to see how we would utilize him here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I HATE, HATE the trade up to move up for Bucannon. He is no better than Dixon from Baylor or Loston from LSU, yet either of those guys we could have in the 4th round plus most likely. Hitter not a tackler. Tight Hipped guy who is not going to be able to stay with the more athletic tight ends in the NFL. Has speed in a straight line, but not when asked to move laterally.

Trading up in a deep top 100 draft AFTER trading down is not something I would want to do unless you have a great prospect falling. Bucannon is not that guy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If possible I dislike this pick even more than Bucannon. At least I can see some value in him, especially close to the LOS. But McCarron. I don't like much about his game, at all.

1 - Skittish under pressure. Drops backwards and throws off his back-foot.
2 - Velocity lacking. Not going to hit any tight windows in the NFL.
3 - Inaccurate. Throws behind guys coming over the middle, overthrows the deep ball terribly, seems OK when throwing outside the numbers, but his velocity makes those types of throws a risk. Good under 5 yards, OK up to 10, past that, nope.

When you have a guy with an average arm, and average accuracy you have a guy who is unlikely to succeed in the NFL. Then you add to the fact that he struggles with the bullets are flying around him, does not have the subtle movement in the pocket or the ability to slide step while keeping his eyes downfield and in progressions (Which makes Tom Brady, Tom Brady).

He is a good decision maker, who is tall and has solid size. But for me that is about where the upside ends. I have McCarron as a backup in the NFL who could start a couple of games.

And that is ignoring the fact that he is a horrid, absolutely horrid fit for what we want to do offensively.

If we draft McCarron here, he is starting for us in 2015.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really like CJ, but I'm not entirely sure how well he fits in with what BA wants to do. BA loves to stretch the seam vertically with his tight ends. Carlson isn't going to do that. Housler can, but cannot be trusted to catch the ball consistently, or get open consistently.

Would not mind this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

In 5 and 6 you are unlikely to get a big contributor unless you really hit. An upside pick, a guy with value, who has a chance to be a top quality player if they fix (X, Y, Z). So not too fussed here really.

Overall. Not a fan at all. But there is no doubting it could happen.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Plucky

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you khodder I don't like the addition of a qb but I was just playing off jurecki rumor from yesterday. He was spot on with our 2nd and 3rd round picks last year so I based my mock off of this..

4/27: "As for the Cardinals taking a QB at 20, it will depend on who's on the board, otherwise they could address the position in rounds 2-4 rd. The Cardinals No. 20 overall pick that could come in right away and contribute Anthony Barr, Ryan Shazier, Ra'Shede Hageman and SS 2/3 rd." - Mike Jurecki, 910 Phoenix

Idk what qb they would address, thought about logan but I wouldn't touch him until the 4th and idk if he will be available then. Maybe Ill re-do it and put him in the 4th not trade up and double pick in the 3rd Smile
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's gonna be the moving up & McCarron selection that makes people cringe when they see this mock. This draft is so deep that if you were able to move back to 26 & get some more mid round ammo, you have to use it for the long term good of the team. I have no problem with Bucannon as a player, just don't like what I see as the waste of what should be solid depth picks at the very least.

As for the McCarron selection, well Khodder pretty much nailed everything I would say. Only possible plus is that his velocity and his accuracy would improve some if he could be taught to stop throwing off his back foot. That's it though. That's his upside as I see it. Team him up with a Chan Gailey-type dink & dunk spread offense OC and he would have some value, but not with Arians. IMHO, as a result, this becomes another wasted pick.

As for the rest of the mock, I know nothing of Urban or Johnson tbh, but as has been stated earlier, their size looks impressive. Personally, I like both the Shazier and C.J. picks. I think CJ was under utilized as a receiver and can be OK as a weapon, but I like the idea of adding his blocking to help out the OL and the run game. Shazier is still an athlete for now, but he is gonna be a pest. He's no Mack, but Mack won't be available anywhere near the 2nd half of the round! Shazier is going to get to the QB, which is what the D needs most from him. If he was selected in the 1st half of the round, I'd be upset, but in the latter part of the 1st, I like the value.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I'd much rather sit at 52 and end up with Bucannon, I have to disagree with you Khodder that he's in the same class as Loston and Dixon. First off he had a ton of tackles at WSU - granted he had more opportunities. Secondly, just based on measure-ables at the combine he's a better prospect than those guys - better 40, bench, vertical, broad jump, shuttle, and 3-cone.

Could he wrap-up better instead of going for the big hit - yes, and I think that's one of the things a safety can adjust going into the NFL. What he'll have a more difficult time with is being fluid and having awareness in coverage - although I think those concerns are a bit overblown.

Overall I like him as a prospect in the mold of A-Dub. Only lousy part I see about getting him in the 2nd would be less time for Tony Jefferson who I also like.
Plucky

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you all hated my mock ill go out and say you think our first round pick was a reach. I disagree, I had him with Pryor as the best safeties in this draft especially for our needs. I called the trade down, unfortunately shazier wasn't there (btw he will be a stud for the steelers) but got my second round pick instead. I still look for the cardinals to use one of those 3rd rounders with our second and package and move up to maybe select bitonio or hageman.
JLW

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plucky wrote:
Since you all hated my mock ill go out and say you think our first round pick was a reach. I disagree, I had him with Pryor as the best safeties in this draft especially for our needs. I called the trade down, unfortunately shazier wasn't there (btw he will be a stud for the steelers) but got my second round pick instead. I still look for the cardinals to use one of those 3rd rounders with our second and package and move up to maybe select bitonio or hageman.

You think he'll be a stud for the Steelers? Honestly I don't see where he fits as anything but a 4-3 WLB. I don't think he'll fit for them any more than he'd fit for us.

I'd love either of Bitonio or Hageman at this point if they fall to us, but a trade up doesn't really excite me. Would have preferred them in the first round over Bucannon, but maybe I'm just low on Bucannon. I didn't really like Pryor either though.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well played plucky

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: