Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My first Bucs 3 round mock 4/25/14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buccaneer4life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: My first Bucs 3 round mock 4/25/14 Reply with quote

This will be my first crack at a Bucs mock and ill try to keep it as unbiased and realistic as possible. Im pretty into the draft and know a lot of the players but not everybody. That's why Im only doing 3 rounds.

Round 1-#7-Aaron Donald-DT-Pittsburgh

For some reason I have a strange feeling were guna go with Donald if Manziel if gone which I think he will be. Ive seen a lot of mocks that have us taking Mike Evans. While Im not opposed to Evans, I think this draft is really deep in WR we can get a nice one in round 2. We need more pass rush, and with Clowney and Mack prob being off the board we go with the next best thing with Aaron Donald. I love the idea of putting him next to McCoy. Look what Booger McFarland and Warren Sapp did for us. I think McCoy and Donald could be even better.

Round 2-#38-Allen Robinson-WR-Penn State

Ive never seen so many WR's in one draft. Lucky for us were in the market for one. Allen Robinson is a nice compliment for VJ and will be a nice WR to for McCown. He is similar to Mike Williams. Big, strong, runs good routes, and has nice hands. He's not going to beat you with his speed but will get open. I like him in the second.

Round 3-#69-AJ McCarron-QB-Alabama

I like AJ. He wins. Let him sit behind McCown for awhile and learn the ropes and I think we got a nice QB. He doesn't do anything great except win, which is the most important thing of all. That's why he is available in the third round.
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donald plays a 3-Tech aka The Same position GMC plays
Donald would get dominated at NT rather take Evans

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 13 Catches 134 Yards 2 TDs
Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
Falcons set this game to Rookie and the Bucs are being controlled by Hellen Keller.
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:

Most people figure that if we took him, we would play him outside and bring him inside to play next to GMC on 3rd down. The guy can put pressure on the QB.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:

Most people figure that if we took him, we would play him outside and bring him inside to play next to GMC on 3rd down. The guy can put pressure on the QB.

WR is More a Need.
But i Would not mind the Pick

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 13 Catches 134 Yards 2 TDs
Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
Falcons set this game to Rookie and the Bucs are being controlled by Hellen Keller.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually lovie doesn't distinguish the 3-tech vs nose tackle. Who can get to the qb? Donald is good against the run as well as is McCoy. Those two inside next to each other would cause problems.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Actually lovie doesn't distinguish the 3-tech vs nose tackle. Who can get to the qb? Donald is good against the run as well as is McCoy. Those two inside next to each other would cause problems.

I have no problem with the Donald pick. Everything I have read is McCoy will line up in the under tackle position with David behind him. Reliving the glory days with Brooks and Sapp.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid draft.

I really like Donald and can see him playing multiple positions on the Dline. Getting after the QB playing against Brees, Ryan and Newton is obviously a must. Having a group of McCoy, Johnson, Clayborn, Gholston, Donald, McDonald would be stellar.

Robinson, Matthews or Adams are all good picks in my books. Out of the three is prefer Matthews. Nice size and can do it all.

Not a fan of the McCarron pick though. I'd rather add an OG or slot WR like Herron or a TE maybe CJ Fiedorowicz a guy that can line up and play every snap.

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
indifference

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donald would be a meh pick at #7. The system doesn't require 2 good inside tackles. Bad mock draft overall, I'd be pretty upset.
5nick5

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid draft. I really like McCarron in the 3rd-round, especially if we traded back and grabbed some more picks. I think McCarron will be a damn good QB if given some time to sit and surrounded by good players.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
scottonatable

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can live with this but I'd rather have Murray over McCarron. I really think he's more of an average player that got surrounded by amazing talent. Plus he never really had to pass alot in the system he played in Bama. Alot of handoffs then a play action with a few Wrs screens. Murray also beat out Mettenberg for starting QB job when they were both in UGA
nathan004

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me say first that I like the originality if the pick but I would be furious if this was our first pick. If we were in the position to do BPA then fine, take the risk on a player who had one great year in college. But we're not. We have too many needs and plenty if top tier options to choose from at #7. I hope this doesn't happen and I'm pretty sure it won't.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan004 wrote:
Let me say first that I like the originality if the pick but I would be furious if this was our first pick. If we were in the position to do BPA then fine, take the risk on a player who had one great year in college. But we're not. We have too many needs and plenty if top tier options to choose from at #7. I hope this doesn't happen and I'm pretty sure it won't.

Donald has actually had 3 "good seasons" and two of them leading the nation in TFL and double digit sacks.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
nathan004 wrote:

Donald has actually had 3 "good seasons" and two of them leading the nation in TFL and double digit sacks.

This. He wouldn't be my first option but I wouldn't hate it.
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tampa should grab a Young stud LT though IMO. Don't force a qb upon yourself.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
Tampa should grab a Young stud LT though IMO. Don't force a qb upon yourself.

Well when you have a journey man back up and a 2nd year qb who couldn't put points on the board with the help of a defense that forced TOs , gotta address it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: