Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jaguars Schedule Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
.Buzz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
Vino wrote:
Yeah, it makes sense to look at the schedule like the teams on it will be the same as they were last year and don't take into account free agency, being in the system another year, the history of the team itself, their draft positioning, etc. Yeah going by last year it would be a weak schedule, but this isn't' last year and all of those teams who were "weak" last year on that schedule stand to be better, and I would say by a lot.

It's not just judging by last year. Looking at those teams and a reasonable margin of expected improvement...there still aren't any truly terrifying teams there. And there are a lot of games that could be competitive for us if WE improve and are better than the team we had last year (which is also reasonable).

There are always surprises, but looking at it right now...it's a weak schedule. Sure, a team like the Giants could bounce back as they're known to do and be a nightmare for us. Or the Bengals could completely collapse under the weight of Any Dalton's gingerness. Lots of things could happen. But based on a set of fairly reasonable projections based on teams on an upswing/downswing, what they might reasonably add in the draft and what they've added in FA...it's a weak schedule.

This.

I don't see why this is even an argument honestly. This is a weak schedule, even with improvements from those teams.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually happy that we are playing Philadelphia early and on the road.

Dont get me wrong, they are clearly the better team but the first game or 2 of the season is the best chance for lesser teams like us to try and steal one.

I dont see any teams that scare me too terribly much we dont play:

Seattle, SF, Denver, New England, Green Bay, New Orleans. The rest either have an offense that isnt elite or dont have a defense that scares me too terribly much, but then again it isnt hard to stop a Henne-led offense

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henne has never had a fair shake of things to this point in his career. Our team last year needed a tough qb because he was going to get hit a ton playing from behind because of our defense that couldn't stop anyone and bad oline play. I really believe manning wouldn't have done much better for us last year if he was our qb, he starts getting hit to much he becomes a below avg qb just like every qb in the nfl with maybe the exception of Big Ben. None of these qb will take the starting job from henne besides manziel, with his style of play its just best to get him on the field as soon as possible and try not to coach him to hard where he becomes a shell of what makes him special. Henne being on this team is going to be more beneficial then most people are lead to believe.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngryPirate wrote:
Henne has never had a fair shake of things to this point in his career. Our team last year needed a tough qb because he was going to get hit a ton playing from behind because of our defense that couldn't stop anyone and bad oline play. I really believe manning wouldn't have done much better for us last year if he was our qb, he starts getting hit to much he becomes a below avg qb just like every qb in the nfl with maybe the exception of Big Ben. None of these qb will take the starting job from henne besides manziel, with his style of play its just best to get him on the field as soon as possible and try not to coach him to hard where he becomes a shell of what makes him special. Henne being on this team is going to be more beneficial then most people are lead to believe.
Stockholm Syndrome

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
AngryPirate wrote:
Stockholm Syndrome
So true!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: