Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Bears Thoughts 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/05/bears-pass-rusher-pernell-mcphee-feeling-sexier-than-ever/

McPhee has dropped 25 lbs. Probably a good thing, last year he looked more like a defensive tackle than an outside linebacker.
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/05/bears-pass-rusher-pernell-mcphee-feeling-sexier-than-ever/

McPhee has dropped 25 lbs. Probably a good thing, last year he looked more like a defensive tackle than an outside linebacker.

He'll be hurt by August 20
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:

This really needed t happen...I would like to see him no heavier than 270lbs.
G08

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
update: Jamal Adams will be a busy man in the coming days.
According to Ross Dellenger of The Advocate, Adams is set to meet with the Chicago Bears for a private workout. The report also indicates Adams is meeting with the Jacksonville Jaguars on Thursday and he will also meet with the Tennessee Titans. No dates were mentioned for his visits with the Bears and Titans.

jrry32 wrote:
apples

When the defense allowed 20 pts or fewer, the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7
Sugashane

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:

25 pounds from his "listed" weight or his actual weight last season. Windy pointed out a while back he looked damn close to 300, and looking at some pics from gamedays I have to completely agree.

As long as he can play like 2015 IDC what he weighs, he wasn't right and was a ghost for a lot of last year.

Adopt a Bear - Kyle Long (Two Season Streak)
Big Rod

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expect some trades in the next 2 weeks involving J Graoppolo. S Richardson and Sherman...maybe da bears will be interested ?
Blaize4488

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Rod wrote:
Expect some trades in the next 2 weeks involving J Graoppolo. S Richardson and Sherman...maybe da bears will be interested ?

I'd be relatively interested in Richardson and the 6th pick for 3. You would have to assume you can still get Adams or Hooker or maybe even lattimore at 6. Would be a better value there.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Quote:
update: Jamal Adams will be a busy man in the coming days.
According to Ross Dellenger of The Advocate, Adams is set to meet with the Chicago Bears for a private workout. The report also indicates Adams is meeting with the Jacksonville Jaguars on Thursday and he will also meet with the Tennessee Titans. No dates were mentioned for his visits with the Bears and Titans.

Tennessee at #5 is a great landing spot for Adams if he doesn't go at #3.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaize4488 wrote:
Big Rod wrote:

I'd be relatively interested in Richardson and the 6th pick for 3. You would have to assume you can still get Adams or Hooker or maybe even lattimore at 6. Would be a better value there.

Relatively interested? A 26 year old DL who's a former pro bowler and DROY for basically a giveaway? That'd be the heist of all heists. Why in the hell would the Jets just basically give him away like that? If they're THAT desperate to give him away, we should be asking why.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Blaize4488 wrote:
Big Rod wrote:

Relatively interested? A 26 year old DL who's a former pro bowler and DROY for basically a giveaway? That'd be the heist of all heists. Why in the hell would the Jets just basically give him away like that? If they're THAT desperate to give him away, we should be asking why.

Apparently he has become a bit of a headcase. Been suspended 4 games two years ago and 1 last year, had it out with Marshall (not an issue to me there), had issues with being on time for meetings, etc.

Add in that Wilkerson and Williams were more productive and had less "antics" and he is simply the odd man out. They already have a big chunk of their salary tied to the thee guys in the 3-4 front, and if he re-signs about 20-25% of that salary would be tied there.

I'm not saying I'd turn up my nose at him by any means, but I can understand why he is the one they could trade of the three.

Adopt a Bear - Kyle Long (Two Season Streak)
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Blaize4488 wrote:
Big Rod wrote:

He apparently is a locker room issue and wants a huge deal next year.

My guess is the Bears are not interested in committing money to him if the team that drafted him isn't

I have seen Jets bet guys talk about how they couldn't get a 3rd for him
during the season.
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Blaize4488 wrote:
Big Rod wrote:

He apparently is a locker room issue and wants a huge deal next year.

My guess is the Bears are not interested in committing money to him if the team that drafted him isn't

I have seen Jets bet guys talk about how they couldn't get a 3rd for him
during the season.

Also, with the Ravens having traded Timmy Jernigan for a mere swap of third round picks, the market has been set.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What impact do you guys think Kawann Shorts new deal has on Akiem Hicks next offseason? If you look at the numbers they were eerily similar in 2016;

Short- 55 TT...6 sacks...1 FF...0 FR...0 INT...4 PD...8 STF

Hicks- 53 TT...7 sacks...1 FF...1 FR...0 INT...2 PD...6 STF

They are 9 months apart in age putting them almost at an identical age by the time Hicks becomes a FA next offseason.

BEARS----BULLS----DODGERS----KINGS--
gah112

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
What impact do you guys think Kawann Shorts new deal has on Akiem Hicks next offseason? If you look at the numbers they were eerily similar in 2016;

Short- 55 TT...6 sacks...1 FF...0 FR...0 INT...4 PD...8 STF

Hicks- 53 TT...7 sacks...1 FF...1 FR...0 INT...2 PD...6 STF

They are 9 months apart in age putting them almost at an identical age by the time Hicks becomes a FA next offseason.

I'd say Hicks will command a similar extension if he continues to play well. Short had 11 sacks in 2015 so he has a bit more of a track record than Hicks right now.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting that the Raiders cut Dan Williams...he would be some quality depth at NT to back up Goldman in case of injury and could also let Goldman have some position flexibility.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 99 of 100

Jump to: