Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Bears Thoughts 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
For all the Trestman fan boys I hope you find solace in knowing that he has made his way back to his roots in the CFL as the new Head Coach of the Toronto Argonauts.

Trestman has fan boys?
topwop1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
For all the Trestman fan boys I hope you find solace in knowing that he has made his way back to his roots in the CFL as the new Head Coach of the Toronto Argonauts.

Trestman has fan boys?

I'd hope not but Windy seems to like him since he's still in his avy and I think he said he coached him in the CFL.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
topwop1 wrote:

Trestman has fan boys?

I'd hope not but Windy seems to like him since he's still in his avy and I think he said he coached him in the CFL.

He is a nice man.

He is in my avy so that we never forget how pathetic this franchise is. The franchise that hired Trestman:
topwop1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
topwop1 wrote:

Trestman has fan boys?

He is a nice man.

He is in my avy so that we never forget how pathetic this franchise is. The franchise that hired Trestman:

Not to defend Trestman but to be fair a lot of people thought it was a decent hire at the time. Though when you consider they could have had Bruce Arians instead it was a real head scratcher.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
topwop1 wrote:

Trestman has fan boys?

He is a nice man.

Not to defend Trestman but to be fair a lot of people thought it was a decent hire at the time. Though when you consider they could have had Bruce Arians instead it was a real head scratcher.

In hindsight, I don't know how well Arians would have been set up for success with Emery at the helm.
CBears019

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
topwop1 wrote:

Trestman has fan boys?

He is a nice man.

I know I was a huge fan of the hire at the time. I really bought into the "QB guru" hype. But yeah, hindsight 20/20.

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
topwop1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle Long having complications from ankle op

Quote:
Bears RG Kyle Long will no longer undergo surgery to repair a torn labrum in his shoulder due to complications from November ankle surgery.
According to Kyle's father, FOX analyst Howie Long, Kyle has "struggled with medication" following his ankle operation and has lost 40 pounds. Losing some weight was by design to make the recovery faster, but 40 pounds is a ton of muscle mass. The ankle surgery was considered "minor" at first, but the rehab will now be an "extended process." Long could miss most of the offseason.

Welp. This doesn't sound too good. Sounds like Long might be playing on another bum shoulder next season.

I don;t understand the struggling with medication part. As in his body didn't react well to the treatment or he abused the medication?

Last edited by topwop1 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
IronMike84

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:

Quote:
Bears RG Kyle Long will no longer undergo surgery to repair a torn labrum in his shoulder due to complications from November ankle surgery.
According to Kyle's father, FOX analyst Howie Long, Kyle has "struggled with medication" following his ankle operation and has lost 40 pounds. Losing some weight was by design to make the recovery faster, but 40 pounds is a ton of muscle mass. The ankle surgery was considered "minor" at first, but the rehab will now be an "extended process." Long could miss most of the offseason.

Welp. This doesn't sound too good. Sounds like Long might be playing on another bum shoulder next season.

Probably why re-signing Kush was done quickly.
HuskieBear

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
topwop1 wrote:

Trestman has fan boys?

I'm a fan boy of his super hot daughters
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too true.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just listening to a Rotoworld podcast, and they were talking about be four areas of football that a team needs to be successful: offensive blocking with five, pass rush that gets home with four, turnover differential, and big-play capability.

Offensive blocking: pretty good
Pass rush: needs improvement
Turnover differential: needs improvement
Big play: nonexistent
gah112

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the pass rush was pretty solid last season. I'd put turnover differential in the "non-existent" category.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our turnover differential is non-existent.
mikee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:

Quote:

I don;t understand the struggling with medication part. As in his body didn't react well to the treatment or he abused the medication?

Apparently Pace just spoke at a press conference and said it was determined that Long does not require surgery for his shoulder.
blkwdw13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikee wrote:
topwop1 wrote:

Quote:

Apparently Pace just spoke at a press conference and said it was determined that Long does not require surgery for his shoulder.

Kyle Long opted out or his shoulder surgery.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-bears-kyle-long-shoulder-spt-20170228-story.html

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 96 of 100

Jump to: