Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Bears Thoughts 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96, 97  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 25814
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

offensive assistants really jumped ship en mass this offseason
_________________

^^ props to LBC on the sig Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blkwdw13


Joined: 21 Aug 2009
Posts: 2752
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
G08 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
WR coach Curtis Johnson has left the coaching staff.


Seriously?


Per Biggs Twitter


Christ. I really liked him as a coach.


I thought he was one of the few coaches really worth keeping, wonder what his reasoning was if it will ever come out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TankWilliams


Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Posts: 16896
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.totalprosports.com/2017/02/16/tom-waddle-puts-stephen-a-smith-in-his-place-in-the-most-satisfying-video-youll-watch-today-video/

I love Tom Waddle.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HuskieBear


Joined: 16 Feb 2009
Posts: 1791
Location: Milwaukee
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
http://www.totalprosports.com/2017/02/16/tom-waddle-puts-stephen-a-smith-in-his-place-in-the-most-satisfying-video-youll-watch-today-video/

I love Tom Waddle.


i saw that yesterday. Stephen A throwing up his hands at the end is the best. i hate SAS, so this was a great video for me. plus i'm on the same wavelength as waddle regarding cutler.
_________________
Madmike90 wrote:
Hurting after today tho is Denzel Washington...5-10 1/2" is a concern...Chris Borland helps him but the 1st round is out of reach now if it wasn't already.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DABEARSLCF04


Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 1560
Location: Eatonia, SK, Canada
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha D. Hall is a salty guy. He was bragging about his combine stats on Instagram and all I commented was it was concerning he could not get back on the feild after getting healthy.

His reply was I'm not a Bears fan and am lonley lol. My reply was that iv been a fan of the Bears before he got in to high-school, and why can't I be concerned about my favorite team.

Hahah I had a good laugh about it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
AZBearsFan


Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 13030
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're gonna be in the kicker market this offseason (and we should be) we could do a lot worse than Nick Folk, who was released today by the Jets.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HuskieBear


Joined: 16 Feb 2009
Posts: 1791
Location: Milwaukee
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
If we're gonna be in the kicker market this offseason (and we should be) we could do a lot worse than Nick Folk, who was released today by the Jets.


outside of missing his first kick of the season and a rocky first couple weeks, Barth wasn't terrible
_________________
Madmike90 wrote:
Hurting after today tho is Denzel Washington...5-10 1/2" is a concern...Chris Borland helps him but the 1st round is out of reach now if it wasn't already.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 13030
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HuskieBear wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
If we're gonna be in the kicker market this offseason (and we should be) we could do a lot worse than Nick Folk, who was released today by the Jets.


outside of missing his first kick of the season and a rocky first couple weeks, Barth wasn't terrible

His 78.3% conversion rate (18/23) was his worst since 2009.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/barthco01.htm

Folk converted at 87.1% last year.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FolkNi20.htm

All of that said - my preference is for them to use a late round pick on Zane Gonzalez.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sugashane


Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 3131
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
HuskieBear wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
If we're gonna be in the kicker market this offseason (and we should be) we could do a lot worse than Nick Folk, who was released today by the Jets.


outside of missing his first kick of the season and a rocky first couple weeks, Barth wasn't terrible

His 78.3% conversion rate (18/23) was his worst since 2009.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/barthco01.htm

Folk converted at 87.1% last year.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FolkNi20.htm

All of that said - my preference is for them to use a late round pick on Zane Gonzalez.


I'd be happy to make a trade up into the 6th for him, involving a 7th and Ego/Sutton/some other young guy(s) who doesn't seem to be along term option.
_________________
2013 Kyle Long Rookie of the Year Award

Adopt a Bear - Kyle Long (Two Season Streak)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 13030
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugashane wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
HuskieBear wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
If we're gonna be in the kicker market this offseason (and we should be) we could do a lot worse than Nick Folk, who was released today by the Jets.


outside of missing his first kick of the season and a rocky first couple weeks, Barth wasn't terrible

His 78.3% conversion rate (18/23) was his worst since 2009.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/barthco01.htm

Folk converted at 87.1% last year.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FolkNi20.htm

All of that said - my preference is for them to use a late round pick on Zane Gonzalez.


I'd be happy to make a trade up into the 6th for him, involving a 7th and Ego/Sutton/some other young guy(s) who doesn't seem to be along term option.

I can't imagine Ego or Sutton have any trade value, but I'm open to the move up. Gonzalez is legit - got better every year at ASU. Great leg and NFL level accuracy. Be nice to have a kicker who can regularly kick touchbacks.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IronMike84


Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Posts: 8067
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Ego

This guy is still on the team?!
_________________
Rotoworld.com wrote:
...internet mock drafts, which have ridiculously become the measuring stick for where players are "supposed" to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G08


Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 6474
Location: World Championsville
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Ego

This guy is still on the team?!


IR'd... I hope they tell him to fatten up to 330 lbs and make him a backup nose.
_________________
topwop1 wrote:
My point is you can find a franchise guy like [Derek] Carr in every draft

jrry32 wrote:
apples

When the defense allows 20 pts or fewer, the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 15883
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Ego

This guy is still on the team?!


IR'd... I hope they tell him to fatten up to 330 lbs and make him a backup nose.


I think the truth is that he probably sucks.

My guess is he is not on the team for very long. Jahns and Hoge said he was not even with the team rehabbing last season and had his locker given away.
_________________
John Fox
3-13 this season, 9-23 overall, 4-12 at home
Pathetic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
topwop1


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 7676
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all the Trestman fan boys I hope you find solace in knowing that he has made his way back to his roots in the CFL as the new Head Coach of the Toronto Argonauts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 15883
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
For all the Trestman fan boys I hope you find solace in knowing that he has made his way back to his roots in the CFL as the new Head Coach of the Toronto Argonauts.


He will do well.

The CFL salaries are so low that controlling the locker room is easy, most guys live pay check to pay check.
_________________
John Fox
3-13 this season, 9-23 overall, 4-12 at home
Pathetic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96, 97  Next
Page 95 of 97

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group