Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Bears Thoughts 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
anonymousGM


Joined: 15 Mar 2016
Posts: 71
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And make some key trades***
_________________
Member since 2008 ~ formerly chitownstar

"Line up, kick butt, jog over and drink Gatorade" John Fox
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nads786


Joined: 11 Sep 2005
Posts: 4565
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have a minority position on this but I don't think McCarthy is the best head coach out there compared to the Belllick's of the world. I think he does have the one of the best QBs who is probably the most consistent QB I've ever seen play.

That short of never blow the game always produce QB worth is so valuable to a team. You always know exactly what you will get from him week in and week out it just makes coaching much easier.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
topwop1


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 7517
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
I may have a minority position on this but I don't think McCarthy is the best head coach out there compared to the Belllick's of the world. I think he does have the one of the best QBs who is probably the most consistent QB I've ever seen play.

That short of never blow the game always produce QB worth is so valuable to a team. You always know exactly what you will get from him week in and week out it just makes coaching much easier.


Neither do I but you also need good players to win.

If Belichick didn't have Brady his whole time in NE then we'd probably be talking about him in a much different light now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Moderator
Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 26347
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anonymousGM wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Bouye is playing absolutely lights out football right now. Almost the end of the 3rd Q and he's been one on one with Cooper the entire game. Has held him to 1 catch for 1 yard. He's quickly becoming one of if not my top FA target for the Bears this offseason.


He has been mine for a while. I think he is still on an upswing and will get overlooked a bit compared to Johnson and Gillmore. He went something like 8 weeks or so before getting 50+ yards thrown on him in a game.


Man, I'd throw Deondre Hall out there and groom him rather than pay the big bucks to some FA. Just like the Cubs rebuild, patience is needed. Build from within than you go and find the pieces in FA to help you win in the playoffs.


Putting aside the fact he had the ankle injury I have no idea why Hall wasn't out there far more...if he could even develop into a #2 CB he would be the type of player we can match up against big bodied receivers.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear...Adrian Amos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Moderator
Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 26347
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting set up with Coughlin going upstairs and Marrone being the new HC in Jacksonville.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear...Adrian Amos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
topwop1


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 7517
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's even more interesting is that the Broncos passed on the opportunity to hire Kyle Shanahan as their next head coach for Vance Joseph.

So far that's 3 teams and likely 4 after St. Louis hires Sean McVay that have passed on Shanahan.

Only ones remaining are San Francisco and San Diego.

I hope he returns to Atlanta so that if the Bears are looking for a new head coach at this time next year then he will be available for them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TankWilliams


Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Posts: 16634
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, Chargers moved to LA. That is a real crappy organization right there, feel bad for their fans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
topwop1


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 7517
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
Man, Chargers moved to LA. That is a real crappy organization right there, feel bad for their fans.


Very bad look, especially to a city where people don't even care for 1 NFL team let alone 2.

I don't know what the NFL was thinking allowing this move.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gah112


Joined: 30 Jan 2015
Posts: 587
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't seen it posted, but Jordan Howard is going to the Pro Bowl in place of David Johnson.

Howard was on The Score last night and said he'll be working out with LeVeon Bell a bit this offseason.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TankWilliams


Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Posts: 16634
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gah112 wrote:
Haven't seen it posted, but Jordan Howard is going to the Pro Bowl in place of David Johnson.

Howard was on The Score last night and said he'll be working out with LeVeon Bell a bit this offseason.


That'll be good for his development as a receiver.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G08


Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 6134
Location: World Championsville
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
gah112 wrote:
Haven't seen it posted, but Jordan Howard is going to the Pro Bowl in place of David Johnson.

Howard was on The Score last night and said he'll be working out with LeVeon Bell a bit this offseason.


That'll be good for his development as a receiver.


I read that the other night, made me happy. Bell is the right dude for him to learn from, IMO.
_________________
topwop1 wrote:
My point is you can find a franchise guy like [Derek] Carr in every draft

jrry32 wrote:
apples

When the defense allows 20 pts or fewer, the Cutler-led Bears are 36-7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bearsfan323


Joined: 02 Apr 2014
Posts: 2415
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
gah112 wrote:
Haven't seen it posted, but Jordan Howard is going to the Pro Bowl in place of David Johnson.

Howard was on The Score last night and said he'll be working out with LeVeon Bell a bit this offseason.


That'll be good for his development as a receiver.


I read that the other night, made me happy. Bell is the right dude for him to learn from, IMO.

Le'veon Bell is always hurt and always in trouble. His skill is undeniable but it means squat if he can never play. I couldn't disagree more
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G08


Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 6134
Location: World Championsville
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
G08 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
gah112 wrote:
Haven't seen it posted, but Jordan Howard is going to the Pro Bowl in place of David Johnson.

Howard was on The Score last night and said he'll be working out with LeVeon Bell a bit this offseason.


That'll be good for his development as a receiver.


I read that the other night, made me happy. Bell is the right dude for him to learn from, IMO.

Le'veon Bell is always hurt and always in trouble. His skill is undeniable but it means squat if he can never play. I couldn't disagree more


ooookay
_________________
topwop1 wrote:
My point is you can find a franchise guy like [Derek] Carr in every draft

jrry32 wrote:
apples

When the defense allows 20 pts or fewer, the Cutler-led Bears are 36-7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Moderator
Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 26347
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
What's even more interesting is that the Broncos passed on the opportunity to hire Kyle Shanahan as their next head coach for Vance Joseph.

So far that's 3 teams and likely 4 after St. Louis hires Sean McVay that have passed on Shanahan.

Only ones remaining are San Francisco and San Diego.

I hope he returns to Atlanta so that if the Bears are looking for a new head coach at this time next year then he will be available for them.


Very surprised that the Bronco's went with Joseph...they have shown they have an elite D and a struggling O...why bring in a defensive guy?...

Now the Chargers have hired Anthony Lynn as HC leaving only San Fran who I believe will be locked in on Josh McDaniels...I still think Shanahan would be an excellent fit for the Rams...Goff has a lot of the same traits as Ryan and could really develop under Shanahan...interesting Matt Patricia really hasn't been a hot name at all.

*Edit* Rams hire Sean McVay...you have to wonder if Shanahan has blown his round of interviews much like Adam Gase did first time around.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear...Adrian Amos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sugashane


Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 3015
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
What's even more interesting is that the Broncos passed on the opportunity to hire Kyle Shanahan as their next head coach for Vance Joseph.

So far that's 3 teams and likely 4 after St. Louis hires Sean McVay that have passed on Shanahan.

Only ones remaining are San Francisco and San Diego.

I hope he returns to Atlanta so that if the Bears are looking for a new head coach at this time next year then he will be available for them.


Very surprised that the Bronco's went with Joseph...they have shown they have an elite D and a struggling O...why bring in a defensive guy?...

Now the Chargers have hired Anthony Lynn as HC leaving only San Fran who I believe will be locked in on Josh McDaniels...I still think Shanahan would be an excellent fit for the Rams...Goff has a lot of the same traits as Ryan and could really develop under Shanahan...interesting Matt Patricia really hasn't been a hot name at all.

*Edit* Rams hire Sean McVay...you have to wonder if Shanahan has blown his round of interviews much like Adam Gase did first time around.


Young offensive mind with a VERY strong personality, some teams might be scared off thinking he would be like McDaniels was in DEN, and cause a team rift with the "my way" attitude.

Fine with me, I would prefer McDaniels and Shanahan get overlooked this year, as I think Fox is gone soon.
_________________
2013 Kyle Long Rookie of the Year Award

Adopt a Bear - Kyle Long (Two Season Streak)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95  Next
Page 92 of 95

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group