Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Bears Thoughts 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 95, 96, 97  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
gah112


Joined: 30 Jan 2015
Posts: 689
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
69 players voted to the 1st and 2nd team All Pro. 0 are from the Chicago Bears.

Just more to the point of why this team still lacks ELITE talent. This is partly why I'm adamantly against reaching for a QB at #3 when there's ELITE talent available.


Jordan Howard should have made it considering the season he had. Zeke was certainly deserving but I don't get how he makes all pro yet Howard is pushed off to the side...?


Howard had a great year but David Johnson, LeVeon Bell, and Zeke were all more deserving IMO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pigsooie5


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 5537
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Wagner and Bouye both interest me a ton.

Bouye would be a huge signing and while I think people will be shocked by what he gets, it will be worth it.

He's gunna get in between Sean Smith and Janoris Jenkins money. My guess would be somewhere around 5 years/$55 million.
_________________

BEARS----BULLS----DODGERS----KINGS--
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 15866
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Wagner and Bouye both interest me a ton.

Bouye would be a huge signing and while I think people will be shocked by what he gets, it will be worth it.

He's gunna get in between Sean Smith and Janoris Jenkins money. My guess would be somewhere around 5 years/$55 million.


I agree. He will get an 8 figure average salary.

My dream scenario

CB AJ Bouye, 5 years 50 million/28 guaranteed
S Tony Jefferson 5 years 37.5 million/17 guaranteed
OT Ricky Wagner 5 years 35 million/ 15 guaranteed

I think you could go into the draft without an screaming need, other than at QB.
_________________
John Fox
3-13 this season, 9-23 overall, 4-12 at home
Pathetic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Moderator
Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 26532
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Wagner and Bouye both interest me a ton.

Bouye would be a huge signing and while I think people will be shocked by what he gets, it will be worth it.

He's gunna get in between Sean Smith and Janoris Jenkins money. My guess would be somewhere around 5 years/$55 million.


With the cap going up again $11 per year for a #1 CB is probably fair...still hate paying guys that amount in FA but the market is the market.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear...Adrian Amos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blkwdw13


Joined: 21 Aug 2009
Posts: 2752
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gah112 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
69 players voted to the 1st and 2nd team All Pro. 0 are from the Chicago Bears.

Just more to the point of why this team still lacks ELITE talent. This is partly why I'm adamantly against reaching for a QB at #3 when there's ELITE talent available.


Jordan Howard should have made it considering the season he had. Zeke was certainly deserving but I don't get how he makes all pro yet Howard is pushed off to the side...?


Howard had a great year but David Johnson, LeVeon Bell, and Zeke were all more deserving IMO.


But at the same time David Johnson made both the 1st and 2nd teams, I'm not saying that Howard should have been on there just that one player shouldn't make both teams.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
topwop1


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 7675
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blkwdw13 wrote:
gah112 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
69 players voted to the 1st and 2nd team All Pro. 0 are from the Chicago Bears.

Just more to the point of why this team still lacks ELITE talent. This is partly why I'm adamantly against reaching for a QB at #3 when there's ELITE talent available.


Jordan Howard should have made it considering the season he had. Zeke was certainly deserving but I don't get how he makes all pro yet Howard is pushed off to the side...?


Howard had a great year but David Johnson, LeVeon Bell, and Zeke were all more deserving IMO.


But at the same time David Johnson made both the 1st and 2nd teams, I'm not saying that Howard should have been on there just that one player shouldn't make both teams.


That was my thinking behind it. You shouldn't be able to make both teams.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Moderator
Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 26532
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Micah Hyde would be an excellent pick up for us...we take away a guy from the Packers who has lined up at both safety spots...in the nickel...even on the outside at CB...is a special teams captain who is a quality gunner and a guy who can return kicks.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear...Adrian Amos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bearsfan323


Joined: 02 Apr 2014
Posts: 2478
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Micah Hyde would be an excellent pick up for us...we take away a guy from the Packers who has lined up at both safety spots...in the nickel...even on the outside at CB...is a special teams captain who is a quality gunner and a guy who can return kicks.

I'd like him for ST help only. Green Bay usually locks up their better players. If they let Hyde walk, it's more than likely because he isn't worth a significant raise defensively.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Moderator
Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 26532
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Micah Hyde would be an excellent pick up for us...we take away a guy from the Packers who has lined up at both safety spots...in the nickel...even on the outside at CB...is a special teams captain who is a quality gunner and a guy who can return kicks.

I'd like him for ST help only. Green Bay usually locks up their better players. If they let Hyde walk, it's more than likely because he isn't worth a significant raise defensively.


He is better than a ST only player...GB might want to lock up all there players but they have guys like Peppers/Perry, Lang, Cook & Lacy to tie up first.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear...Adrian Amos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pigsooie5


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 5537
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jeff Dickerson
@DickersonESPN
This is Mike McCarthy's 9th playoff win since he took over in Green Bay in 2006. #Bears have 4 postseason victories since 1991.


A depressing stat to say the least.
_________________

BEARS----BULLS----DODGERS----KINGS--
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 25808
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Quote:
Jeff Dickerson
@DickersonESPN
This is Mike McCarthy's 9th playoff win since he took over in Green Bay in 2006. #Bears have 4 postseason victories since 1991.


A depressing stat to say the least.


Fox said we are close...so there's that
_________________

^^ props to LBC on the sig Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 15866
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bears were crap long before Fox got here and they will be crap long after he leaves next year.
_________________
John Fox
3-13 this season, 9-23 overall, 4-12 at home
Pathetic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 13024
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
The Bears were crap long before Fox got here and they will be crap long after he leaves next year.

This year's squad was probably a 6-win squad if nothing was different more than 16 games of Cutler. With competent QB play and moderate health next year assuming we upgrade with impact players (presumably in the secondary) in FA like Pace says he will I have a hard time not seeing this team at at least .500 next year and maybe better if the new QB is ahead of the expected curve and IMO 8+ wins in 2017 and a team trending the right direction with what will then be a roster turned over about 80% from what he inherited after this year's ish show will probably get Fox a 4th year.

This thing was a total tear down. There are already only about 30% left from the 53 they inherited 2 offseasons ago and that doesn't even include Cutler, Ego, Houston, Christian Jones or Wilson yet all of whom are likely gone and Fuller who's probably on the fence at best. George told Pace he'd be patient because he knew what a pile of crap this was post-Emery/Trestman. That's why Fox is still here and why he'll probably still be here in 2018 if the team is headed the right direction even if they aren't there yet.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sugashane


Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 3127
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Bouye is playing absolutely lights out football right now. Almost the end of the 3rd Q and he's been one on one with Cooper the entire game. Has held him to 1 catch for 1 yard. He's quickly becoming one of if not my top FA target for the Bears this offseason.


He has been mine for a while. I think he is still on an upswing and will get overlooked a bit compared to Johnson and Gillmore. He went something like 8 weeks or so before getting 50+ yards thrown on him in a game.
_________________
2013 Kyle Long Rookie of the Year Award

Adopt a Bear - Kyle Long (Two Season Streak)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
anonymousGM


Joined: 15 Mar 2016
Posts: 71
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugashane wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Bouye is playing absolutely lights out football right now. Almost the end of the 3rd Q and he's been one on one with Cooper the entire game. Has held him to 1 catch for 1 yard. He's quickly becoming one of if not my top FA target for the Bears this offseason.


He has been mine for a while. I think he is still on an upswing and will get overlooked a bit compared to Johnson and Gillmore. He went something like 8 weeks or so before getting 50+ yards thrown on him in a game.


Man, I'd throw Deondre Hall out there and groom him rather than pay the big bucks to some FA. Just like the Cubs rebuild, patience is needed. Build from within than you go and find the pieces in FA to help you win in the playoffs.
_________________
Member since 2008 ~ formerly chitownstar

"Line up, kick butt, jog over and drink Gatorade" John Fox
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 95, 96, 97  Next
Page 91 of 97

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group