Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Bears Thoughts 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 95, 96, 97  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gah112

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
69 players voted to the 1st and 2nd team All Pro. 0 are from the Chicago Bears.

Just more to the point of why this team still lacks ELITE talent. This is partly why I'm adamantly against reaching for a QB at #3 when there's ELITE talent available.

Jordan Howard should have made it considering the season he had. Zeke was certainly deserving but I don't get how he makes all pro yet Howard is pushed off to the side...?

Howard had a great year but David Johnson, LeVeon Bell, and Zeke were all more deserving IMO.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Wagner and Bouye both interest me a ton.

Bouye would be a huge signing and while I think people will be shocked by what he gets, it will be worth it.

He's gunna get in between Sean Smith and Janoris Jenkins money. My guess would be somewhere around 5 years/$55 million.

BEARS----BULLS----DODGERS----KINGS--
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Bouye would be a huge signing and while I think people will be shocked by what he gets, it will be worth it.

He's gunna get in between Sean Smith and Janoris Jenkins money. My guess would be somewhere around 5 years/$55 million.

I agree. He will get an 8 figure average salary.

My dream scenario

CB AJ Bouye, 5 years 50 million/28 guaranteed
S Tony Jefferson 5 years 37.5 million/17 guaranteed
OT Ricky Wagner 5 years 35 million/ 15 guaranteed

I think you could go into the draft without an screaming need, other than at QB.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

With the cap going up again $11 per year for a #1 CB is probably fair...still hate paying guys that amount in FA but the market is the market.
blkwdw13

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gah112 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:

Just more to the point of why this team still lacks ELITE talent. This is partly why I'm adamantly against reaching for a QB at #3 when there's ELITE talent available.

Jordan Howard should have made it considering the season he had. Zeke was certainly deserving but I don't get how he makes all pro yet Howard is pushed off to the side...?

Howard had a great year but David Johnson, LeVeon Bell, and Zeke were all more deserving IMO.

But at the same time David Johnson made both the 1st and 2nd teams, I'm not saying that Howard should have been on there just that one player shouldn't make both teams.
topwop1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blkwdw13 wrote:
gah112 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:

But at the same time David Johnson made both the 1st and 2nd teams, I'm not saying that Howard should have been on there just that one player shouldn't make both teams.

That was my thinking behind it. You shouldn't be able to make both teams.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Micah Hyde would be an excellent pick up for us...we take away a guy from the Packers who has lined up at both safety spots...in the nickel...even on the outside at CB...is a special teams captain who is a quality gunner and a guy who can return kicks.
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Micah Hyde would be an excellent pick up for us...we take away a guy from the Packers who has lined up at both safety spots...in the nickel...even on the outside at CB...is a special teams captain who is a quality gunner and a guy who can return kicks.

I'd like him for ST help only. Green Bay usually locks up their better players. If they let Hyde walk, it's more than likely because he isn't worth a significant raise defensively.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

I'd like him for ST help only. Green Bay usually locks up their better players. If they let Hyde walk, it's more than likely because he isn't worth a significant raise defensively.

He is better than a ST only player...GB might want to lock up all there players but they have guys like Peppers/Perry, Lang, Cook & Lacy to tie up first.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jeff Dickerson
@DickersonESPN
This is Mike McCarthy's 9th playoff win since he took over in Green Bay in 2006. #Bears have 4 postseason victories since 1991.

A depressing stat to say the least.

BEARS----BULLS----DODGERS----KINGS--
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Quote:
Jeff Dickerson
@DickersonESPN
This is Mike McCarthy's 9th playoff win since he took over in Green Bay in 2006. #Bears have 4 postseason victories since 1991.

A depressing stat to say the least.

Fox said we are close...so there's that

^^ props to LBC on the sig Smile
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bears were crap long before Fox got here and they will be crap long after he leaves next year.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
The Bears were crap long before Fox got here and they will be crap long after he leaves next year.

This year's squad was probably a 6-win squad if nothing was different more than 16 games of Cutler. With competent QB play and moderate health next year assuming we upgrade with impact players (presumably in the secondary) in FA like Pace says he will I have a hard time not seeing this team at at least .500 next year and maybe better if the new QB is ahead of the expected curve and IMO 8+ wins in 2017 and a team trending the right direction with what will then be a roster turned over about 80% from what he inherited after this year's ish show will probably get Fox a 4th year.

This thing was a total tear down. There are already only about 30% left from the 53 they inherited 2 offseasons ago and that doesn't even include Cutler, Ego, Houston, Christian Jones or Wilson yet all of whom are likely gone and Fuller who's probably on the fence at best. George told Pace he'd be patient because he knew what a pile of crap this was post-Emery/Trestman. That's why Fox is still here and why he'll probably still be here in 2018 if the team is headed the right direction even if they aren't there yet.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Bouye is playing absolutely lights out football right now. Almost the end of the 3rd Q and he's been one on one with Cooper the entire game. Has held him to 1 catch for 1 yard. He's quickly becoming one of if not my top FA target for the Bears this offseason.

He has been mine for a while. I think he is still on an upswing and will get overlooked a bit compared to Johnson and Gillmore. He went something like 8 weeks or so before getting 50+ yards thrown on him in a game.

Adopt a Bear - Kyle Long (Two Season Streak)
anonymousGM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugashane wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Bouye is playing absolutely lights out football right now. Almost the end of the 3rd Q and he's been one on one with Cooper the entire game. Has held him to 1 catch for 1 yard. He's quickly becoming one of if not my top FA target for the Bears this offseason.

He has been mine for a while. I think he is still on an upswing and will get overlooked a bit compared to Johnson and Gillmore. He went something like 8 weeks or so before getting 50+ yards thrown on him in a game.

Man, I'd throw Deondre Hall out there and groom him rather than pay the big bucks to some FA. Just like the Cubs rebuild, patience is needed. Build from within than you go and find the pieces in FA to help you win in the playoffs.

"Line up, kick butt, jog over and drink Gatorade" John Fox

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 95, 96, 97  Next
Page 91 of 97

Jump to: