Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Bears Thoughts 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bearsfancro wrote:
G08 wrote:
Cowboys are the creme de la creme.

Makes me want to vomit.

Think that Dak, Zeke, and the DE got them 45 games, the rest 6 idk... have not watched much of theirs games, cause they had a lot of late scheduled games for us Europeans..

If not for Floyd's injuries, Howard's start on the bench and Hall's ankle injury we'd be #1 by a mile.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/hard-knocks-teams-eligible-candidates-restrictions-eagles-bears-ravens/1lzsj63m50jb4142ekpnvvel1v

Quote:
A team could not be selected if they were in the playoffs in either of the last two seasons, if they have a first-year head coach and if they have been on the program at any point in the last 10 years. That leaves us with eight teams eligible as of now.

Those teams are the Ravens, Bears, Browns, Titans, Colts, Buccaneers, Saints and Eagles.

I would be extremely surprised if the Bears are part of this. It would be cool if they were, but I bet it'll be the Titans, Bucs, or Ravens.
topwop1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/hard-knocks-teams-eligible-candidates-restrictions-eagles-bears-ravens/1lzsj63m50jb4142ekpnvvel1v

Quote:
A team could not be selected if they were in the playoffs in either of the last two seasons, if they have a first-year head coach and if they have been on the program at any point in the last 10 years. That leaves us with eight teams eligible as of now.

Those teams are the Ravens, Bears, Browns, Titans, Colts, Buccaneers, Saints and Eagles.

I would be extremely surprised if the Bears are part of this. It would be cool if they were, but I bet it'll be the Titans, Bucs, or Ravens.

Would be cool to see the Bears on this at least one time. Though I also very much doubt it's going to happen.

If I had to guess it will end up being one of the Browns, Bucs or Saints.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Ravens aren't expected to re-sign impending free agent RT Rick Wagner.

Wagner just finished out his rookie contract. He graded out as Pro Football Focus' No. 4 pass-blocking right tackle this season and has missed just two games in four seasons. Wagner was PFF's No. 1 overall right tackle in 2014. The Ravens wouldn't pay LG Kelechi Osemele last offseason and don't appear prepared to do so with Wagner. He'll likely command $6-7 million per year.

I'm one of the few people who doesn't think Massie is that bad a player but for an extra $1-$2 million a year I would take Wagner over him everytime.
mikee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:
The Ravens aren't expected to re-sign impending free agent RT Rick Wagner.

Wagner just finished out his rookie contract. He graded out as Pro Football Focus' No. 4 pass-blocking right tackle this season and has missed just two games in four seasons. Wagner was PFF's No. 1 overall right tackle in 2014. The Ravens wouldn't pay LG Kelechi Osemele last offseason and don't appear prepared to do so with Wagner. He'll likely command $6-7 million per year.

I'm one of the few people who doesn't think Massie is that bad a player but for an extra $1-$2 million a year I would take Wagner over him everytime.

I thought Massie played fine in the second half. I think the Bears can find a better use for the money. They have worse starters than Massie that need upgrading. I would prefer a mid round developmental swing tackle. Getting Wagner still leaves the Bears without a backup LT and the team would likely need to spend a draft pick on a backup anyway.
Bearsfancro

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now we have a chance to see Bouye on the big stage... he will be in charge to follow either Cooper or Crabtree
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bouye is playing absolutely lights out football right now. Almost the end of the 3rd Q and he's been one on one with Cooper the entire game. Has held him to 1 catch for 1 yard. He's quickly becoming one of if not my top FA target for the Bears this offseason.

BEARS----BULLS----DODGERS----KINGS--
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Bouye is playing absolutely lights out football right now. Almost the end of the 3rd Q and he's been one on one with Cooper the entire game. Has held him to 1 catch for 1 yard. He's quickly becoming one of if not my top FA target for the Bears this offseason.

John Butler has done an outstanding job in Houston with developing DBs and Bouye has really come on strong and would be an excellent pick up for us.
topwop1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:

Speaking of Bouye I just came across this article today from last offseason.

Quote:
With interest from the Chicago Bears and Tennessee Titans, Bouye decided coming back to the team that gave him the chance to break into the NFL in 2013 was the best option for him.

I fully expect Pace to go hard after Bouye after the season he's had if and when he becomes a FA.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Bouye looks great but this game is a [inappropriate/removed] show. These QBs are horrible.
topwop1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Bouye looks great but this game is a [inappropriate/removed] show. These QBs are horrible.

This is true but let's not act like Bouye hasn't been good for the majority of this season.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

69 players voted to the 1st and 2nd team All Pro. 0 are from the Chicago Bears.

Just more to the point of why this team still lacks ELITE talent. This is partly why I'm adamantly against reaching for a QB at #3 when there's ELITE talent available.

BEARS----BULLS----DODGERS----KINGS--
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:

Just more to the point of why this team still lacks ELITE talent. This is partly why I'm adamantly against reaching for a QB at #3 when there's ELITE talent available.

Agreed...even an elite QB without anything around him still doesn't win you games...just look at Drew Brees' seasons.
topwop1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:

Jordan Howard should have made it considering the season he had. Zeke was certainly deserving but I don't get how he makes all pro yet Howard is pushed off to the side...?
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wagner and Bouye both interest me a ton.

Bouye would be a huge signing and while I think people will be shocked by what he gets, it will be worth it.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 90 of 100

Jump to: