Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DEE RAWL's 2 weeks away mock 4.22
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:38 am    Post subject: DEE RAWL's 2 weeks away mock 4.22 Reply with quote

Alright guys, I said I would only make one more before the draftó I liedÖ And as always, I make my mocks to reflect what I think will happen. Been working on this one for a little bit after digesting some info and including some of my own thought.

2014 NFL DRAFT

2) Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson

As I stated in the draft thread, maybe Iím buying the info that is out there foolishly, but I genuinely believe that we will sit tight and pick either Mack or Watkins. I am surprised we have shown so much interest in the WR position despite a crowded group being on the roster, but Watkins is that for sure #1 go to WR we lack. He is an elite prospect that is worthy of this selection. Obviously in this scenario Clowney is off the board.

**TRADE** Cowboys send the 16th & 78th overall to Rams for 13th overall

16) HaHa Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama

Jerry Jones wants his pass rusher (either Barr or Donald) and has to leap frog two teams that could be picking either in the Bears and the Steelers. We pick up their 3rd rounder and still land HHCD. This one I have to admit isnít so set in stone as I might think knowing that there hasnít been a single Safety prospect come in for a visit. However, I think it really could be a scenario where this pick is SO overly obvious to the general public that we donít want to show our hand while our mind might already be made up? That could be completely incorrect, but I still believe in this pick for a lot of reasons. The main one being that the FS class is so thin and if we donít land one here we could miss out completely.

**TRADE** Rams send 44th & 110th overall to Falcons for 37th overall.

37) Joel Bitonio, OL, Nevada

I definitely see Atlanta moving up to take Clowney and they will have to give up quite a bit to do so. They want to get something back and we want to jump up to grab our guy in Bitonio. We worked with him at his pro day as well as brought him in for a visit. He showed the ability at his pro day to play center as well so having another OL that can play any spot on the OL is a huge plus. He is nasty and finishes blocks. He had outstanding games against top notch competition in Florida St and UCLA where he abused Anthony Barr at times.

75) Lamarcus Joyner, DB, Florida St.

I think there is no question that Joyner would be a match made in heaven in with Williams defense playing in the slot. I would elaborate more on this pick, but I feel I donít need to.

78.) Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia

I think we may see us go after a QB earlier than expected and with Murray climbing the boards, this would be where we take our shot for our future backup to Sam.

153) Kelcy Quarles, DT, South Carolina

We have showed a ton of interest in 3 techs thus far and wouldnít be surprised if we took one earlier, but landing Quarles in the 5th round is a steal IMO. Granted Clowney helped him obtain his 9.5 sacks, but stillókid can get after it.

6) Jay Prosch, FB, Auburn

A regular in my mocks.

6 Comp) Bennett Jackson, CB/S, Notre Dame

I actually like the way this kid plays (a lot like Trumaine).

7) Glenn Carson, LB, Penn St.

Compete for backup LB spot. Hard to go wrong with Penn St linebackers.

7 comp) Sean Parker, S, Washington

Depth competition at Strong Safety.

7 comp) Damien Williams, RB, Oklahoma

Change of pace back to compete for the roster.

Depth Chart

QB- Bradford, Hill, Murray
HB- Stacy, Cunningham, Pead/Richardson
FB- Harkey/Prosch
TE- Cook, Kendricks, Harkey
Z- Watkins/Givens
X- Britt/Quick/Bailey
S- Austin/Pettis
LT- Long, Saffold
LG- Bitonio, Washington/Jones
C- Wells, Jones/Barnes
RG- Saffold, Jones
RT- Barksdale, Bitonio

RE- Quinn, Sims
NT- Brockers, Cudjo/Conrath
UT- Langford, Carrington, Quarles
LE- Long, Hayes, Carrington
WLB- Tree
MLB- JL55
SLB- Dunbar
RCB- Jenkins, McGee
NiCB- Joyner, McLeod
FS- Clinton-Dix, McLeod
SS- TJ Mac, Parker
LCB- Johnson, McLeod, McGee

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
tim199009

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely especially since you have my fav 2 Dbs in the draft. Joyner is going to be the dark horse of the draft. That secondary would be beastly.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it certainly has some nice pictures. Laughing

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

You know I love the pictures jrry

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that I don't like is the lack of depth on the OLine. We have a LT who's proven to be injury prone the last three years and his backups are our two guards one of which has proven to be more injury prone. I just think we're going to draft more than one OLineman this draft.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sammy Watkins at #2 a reach of epic proportion. It will never happen.

I like most of the players/values, especially Joyner.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

You know I love the pictures jrry

Sorry. Just trying to avoid the same old argument (stemming from my unhappiness with Watkins at #2 and HCD in the top 20).

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
The only thing that I don't like is the lack of depth on the OLine. We have a LT who's proven to be injury prone the last three years and his backups are our two guards one of which has proven to be more injury prone. I just think we're going to draft more than one OLineman this draft.

Its very possible, but Im thinkin theres still a good chance we bring Dahl back or a vet for depth.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
Sammy Watkins at #2 a reach of epic proportion. It will never happen.

I like most of the players/values, especially Joyner.

Watkins at 2 will never happen? Careful with the absolutes my friend, again-- you might be very disappointed come May 8th. And believe me, I have no problem being the "I told you so" guy.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
FRO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can sign off on this. Good job.
Ramsshadow4486

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, Mock...just a couple of issues for me.

First, Nevada OL...you have him slated to start over two other guys who have been in the system, one who was only out of the line up because of injury recovery. Do you really think that a kid from Nevada is better than a former All-america from a National Championship team. I would put money that Brandon Washington would get the nod over Bitotonio (can't spell his name but it's not important) Sure he's a flashy pick but it's not realistic to think that he'll be a utility player for us from the get go.

A Fullback? There is absolutely nothing to suggest that the current Rams leaders even want a traditional full back. The last one we had (Brit Miller) was let go two years ago. If they wanted one, they'd have gotten one before now. And unless Prosch has the softest hands and runs a sub 4.5, then he won't be drafted by us.

A RB in the 7th. You eschew needed depth at other positions (CB, OL) to draft a player who would be the 6th string entering the year. Shoot, you don't even have him on the depth chart at the end of your mock. Chase Reynolds would get the nod over this kid (at this point) because he's proven he can do it on Special teams.

Other than that I'm down with Watkins and Dix in the first.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting font color choice...

but to address your points, I never said Bitonio (Nevada OL) is better than Robinson (Auburn National Champion runner-up all american). However in the 2nd round he presents excellent value in which he would absolutely start over Washington who seriously struggled in his only appearance.

with the transition to our power run offense, and using Harkey a makeshift TE/H back at fullback, I can definitely see us taking a FB somewhere late with all of our late round picks.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
Picked4td

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:

but to address your points, I never said Bitonio (Nevada OL) is better than Robinson (Auburn National Champion runner-up all american). However in the 2nd round he presents excellent value in which he would absolutely start over Washington who seriously struggled in his only appearance.

with the transition to our power run offense, and using Harkey a makeshift TE/H back at fullback, I can definitely see us taking a FB somewhere late with all of our late round picks.

He was talking about Barret Jones I believe
FRO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bitonio is a very good prospect and will make a great OG. The guy gets great push.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked4td wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

He was talking about Barret Jones I believe

Oh, my mistake. And yes Bitonio is better than Jones.

Bitonio plays with fire and plays through the whistle looking to punish whoever is in his path. Needs some technical work, but thats what coaching is for.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: