Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

First Ever Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MidnightGreen20

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject: First Ever Mock Draft Reply with quote

The way I see it, this draft is loaded with talent in rounds 2-4... I don't see much of a drop-off from where we are at 22, to the second round, and I think we should capitalize on the overall depth of the draft and trade back:

Eagles trade pick #22 overall and DE Brandon Graham to the Jaguars in exchange for picks #39, #70, and #114
Jaguars went defense on their #3 overall choice in Khalil Mack,. Between Mack and Graham, they vastly improve an aging, struggling pass rushing unit, and jump up ahead of the Browns to grab their franchise QB after Manziell falls to No. 22

Pick #39: Deone Bucannon, S, Washington State

Personally my favorite safety in the draft. His stock is on the rise and there is a chance he doesn't even make it this far, after being mostly projected a third rounder just a couple weeks ago. Deone is an explosive tackler, with good size and athletic ability. He was a three-time team captain and excelled on special teams. He and Earl Wolff can battle out the starting spot right out of the gate, with Jenkins directing traffic in center field. Makes for a promising trio of safeties compared to last year.

Pick #54: Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB, Georgia Tech

A versatile, well-rounded, highly productive pass rusher: this kid does it all. A hard working, high IQ type player, that will fit perfectly in rotation with Trent Cole and eventually take over the starting role next year. Had 31.5 career sacks at Georgia Tech and seems to be consistently improving. Plays well in coverage.

Eagles Trade pick #70 overall and RB Bryce Brown to the Patriots for pick #62 overall
The Eagles see one of the top-tier receivers fall late into the second and move up to grab him. Bellichick is willing to slide down a few spots to and pick up a young explosive back to add to his offense. As much as I like Brown, we already have McCoy and Sproles as speed guys, and with Chris Polk averaging almost 9 ypc last year as a power guy, we can afford to part ways with him for solid value. (late 4th according to draft chart)

Pick #62: Davante Adams, WR, Fresno State

Derek Carr's number 1 wideout, pulling in 24 touchdowns this past season, Adams is an absolute beast. He posted 233 catches, 38 of which for touchdowns over just a two-year span. This kid is oozing with potential and would round out a scary receiving core next to Maclin, Cooper, Ertz and company. Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make it this late in the second. Look for us to take Jordan Matthews, Donte Moncrief, or Allen Robinson if Adams is off the board. I believe one of those four will fall.

Pick #86: Christian Jones, ILB, Florida State

An athletic, physical linebacker that I see as a scary compliment to Mychal Kendricks a couple years down the road. He is a versatile, explosive tackler and would greatly benefit from a year behind Demeco Ryans to fine tune his instincts and football IQ. He is durable and a hard worker. Could also see future playing time at WLB behind Barwin if he can improve coverage skills

Pick #114: Dontae Johnson, CB/S, NC State

Another smart, hardworking player to add to the defense. Johnson is physical and versatile with good size; just what Chip Kelly likes. He is a previous teammate of Earl Wolff and would contribute on special teams, while providing young depth at both corner and safety. Great value here for mid 4th round.

Pick #122: DaQuan Jones, DT, Penn State

Another team captain, coming off a solid senior year, Jones has recently shed as much as 15 pounds to increase stamina and quickness. At 6'4 322lbs, he is scheme versatile and could play as a run-stuffing 3-4 DE, but will most likely start providing depth behind Bennie Logan at NT.

Pick #162: DeAnthony Thomas, RB/WR, Oregon

This is the pick that everyone is projecting, but it makes sense if he is still on the board. Familiar with Chip's up-tempo offense and coaching style, Thomas has the tools to be an explosive, big play weapon, and threat in the return game. He is a speedy back with good hands, and has a chance to be groomed by two of the best pass-catching backs in the NFL in LeSean McCoy and Darren Sproles.

Pick #237: KaDeem Edwards, OG, Tennessee State

A motivated, hard worker with good size and ability He is a good second-line blocker that needs to show improvement in his technique and consistency. He is a raw prospect but is motivated and coachable. Adds young depth to the offensive line.

Summary:

Eagles traded out of the first round and parted ways with both Brandon Graham and Bryce Brown to find themselves with three selections in the second round, one in the third and two in the fourth. Two weapons were added on offense to help supplement the loss of DeSean Jackson, and the main holes at S, LB, and CB were addressed on defense, while adding a versatile rotational piece to compete for depth on the defensive line. This team has very few holes and could be scary good next year.
rememberthevet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would swap Bucannon and Attaochu, but that's splitting hairs. Very nice job for your first mock. Love that you got Dontae Johnson in there, I would be surprised if he doesn't wind up an Eagle this year. Might have taken him a bit early, considering Wolff was a 5th rounder. Swapping him and Jones might make more sense. Next time throw some pics in, they are a fan favorite.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is one sexy draft

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 13 Sacks: 1 Interceptions: 0
MidnightGreen20

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rememberthevet wrote:
I would swap Bucannon and Attaochu, but that's splitting hairs. Very nice job for your first mock. Love that you got Dontae Johnson in there, I would be surprised if he doesn't wind up an Eagle this year. Might have taken him a bit early, considering Wolff was a 5th rounder. Swapping him and Jones might make more sense. Next time throw some pics in, they are a fan favorite.

In my original, i had Attaochu at #39 and Bucannon at #54..my only concern is that there are several teams in the early second that would love to have a guy like Bucannon, and safety is a pretty universal need in the league right now. i was hoping he would fly under the radar and Chip would steal him in the third round but no way he makes it that far now.. I'm also falling in love with Attaochu, though there are more pass rushing prospects that i like, whereas at safety, jimmie ward is the only other guy worthy of a second rounder and he has some mild character issues.

i'll admit, i should have done pictures for the time it took me to put this together. hell i was even thinking of throwing in the links to highlight videos. as it is my first post, i gotta leave some room for improvement though Smile

thanks for the feedback
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
That is one sexy draft

Yeah, but seems pretty unrealistic

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Johnnygunnz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:
That is one sexy draft

I agree. It's not completely unrealistic, but a LOT of things would have to go right to wind up with this. But, if it happened... yes... awesome. Total yes.
Art_Vandalay

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:
That is one sexy draft

Yeah, I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see us take Bucannon or Attaouchu at 22. I wouldn't be upset either. I think they're both worthy 1st rounders.
1 TD
MidnightGreen20

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnygunnz wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:
That is one sexy draft

I agree. It's not completely unrealistic, but a LOT of things would have to go right to wind up with this. But, if it happened... yes... awesome. Total yes.

Absolutely a best case scenario type draft.. for some reason i have a feeling Davante Adams is going to get nabbed by the panthers in the first round.. This draft i think is going to surprise a lot of people though. there has been too much time and speculation, and prospects rapidly rising and falling. Gotta have faith in Chip though.
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trades are a mess.

Jacksonville needs as many picks as possible.
They are building.

Teams with many picks and a good team like the 49'ers are the kind of team who swaps multiple picks for the one or two players they need.

And Brown to the Pats?
He can't survive in the passing game.
That is why his role has been reduced here.
All of that time he spent farting around in college cost him valuable experience learning fundamentals without the ball.

I can't see either of those coming close to happening.

I do like the picks, however.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyatemydingo wrote:
The trades are a mess.

Jacksonville needs as many picks as possible.
They are building.

Teams with many picks and a good team like the 49'ers are the kind of team who swaps multiple picks for the one or two players they need.

And Brown to the Pats?
He can't survive in the passing game.
That is why his role has been reduced here.
All of that time he spent farting around in college cost him valuable experience learning fundamentals without the ball.

I can't see either of those coming close to happening.

I do like the picks, however.

i actually agree with you.. didn't put nearly as much thought into the trades as i did the picks themselves... but i do think Brown could be productive in NE, given they already have guys that can catch the ball to play on passing downs.. saw it as more of a thing where there was nobody on the board they necessarily wanted, and we saw someone drop that we really wanted, so it worked out for both sides. still unlikely though.. thanks for the feedback

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: