Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks trade for Terrell Pryor
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chpjns15

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Seahawks trade for Terrell Pryor Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10819210/oakland-raiders-trade-terrelle-pryor-seattle-seahawks

Quote:
Oakland dealt quarterback Terrelle Pryor to the Seattle Seahawks on Monday for a seventh-round pick in next month's draft.

Shocked

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
Sacks98

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They might try to convert him into something else.

Quote:
RT @Seahawks: GM John Schneider: "Terrelle is an incredibly explosive athlete and we’re excited for him to come in and compete."

https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/458409077807149056
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking for him to be converted to WR/move TE. Marques Colston/Finley type. He's going to have to kill it to make the roster though

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
I'm looking for him to be converted to WR/move TE. Marques Colston/Finley type. He's going to have to kill it to make the roster though

YES PLEASE! Move this guy to WR, I thought he should have a while ago, can become a greatttt one! YES

Great move

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

YES PLEASE! Move this guy to WR, I thought he should have a while ago, can become a greatttt one! YES

Great move

Does he have any history of good hands?
SoS

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I posted in News forum.

SoS wrote:
Only reason I can imagine us doing this is to have him change positions. I'd venture a guess they'll have him add weight and compete for our move TE position (he's a better athlete than Finley) which they must be confident he can challenge for. There's zero chance they think he can dethrone Tarvaris from the backup spot (I believe his entire salary is guaranteed and he's a perfect backup for us) and they have never kept a 3rd QB on the 53 if memory serves me correctly. John Schneider loves draft picks the same way Ron Burgundy loves scotch, so the only thing I can think of is the destined position change for Pryor.

Oh and Russell Wilson is technically the 3rd highest paid QB on the roster now Laughing

Django

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Develop him as a QB. Use him as a redzone threat (Zone Read or line him up outside to catch fades in the back of the endzone)

Ok. Maybe too video game ish.

But I think they develop him at QB, but use him as a gadget player.
Naq

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrZYZktLdns

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called this a little while ago

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Django

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete actually recruited Pryor as a DE or FS Laughing
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told my friend this was going to happen a month ago. I feel like Nostradamus. Laughing I think they may try to get him to switch positions and if he is willing it would allow the team to have a 3rd QB on the roster with the added versatility of having him play other positions. It would also allow for the flexibility of running wildcat formation type plays because of Pryor's athleticism.

Of course, all this hinges upon Pryor being willing to drop his ego and try out other positions. I think that's harder for athletes to do than most people realize. Tim Tebow is the perfect example of that. He might still be in the NFL if he had been willing to sacrifice his own ego to play another position, but he just couldn't do it. Not even to play for a winning organization like New England. Now he's doing SEC network analysis, IIRC? Hopefully Pryor can put that to the side and add something to an already winning franchise.
S&B Bleeder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to see him go but it was inevitable. He had no support from management. This guy, if you don't already know is the most incredible athlete. He's tall, fast but lopes like a dear. He looks like he's hardly moving but notice the pursuers who can't catch him falling back. He has the most devastating straight arm of any QB in the NFL. I've seen him put pro bowl caliber DB's on their A$$. One pointing and trash talking while spinning on his butt.
You have a great player who is not an NFL caliber QB at this time. I would say stay the course but the NFL waits for no one.
I've seen him have proper technique then weeks later revert back to his old bad habits. I believed with a better Oline he wouldn't run for his life as much as he did. His panic mode often prove fruitless as they stacked the box and surrounded him, not allowing a chance to escape knowing how dangerous he was.
I waited for him to breakout after strong off seasons but it didn't come to pass. I wanted a change of position but that never occurred in Oakland.
There were many naysayers on our forum who demeaned his ability and I hoped they were wrong. Unfortunately I never saw the consistent improvement I had hoped for.
I do plan to follow his progress and will adopt Seattle as a second team. Make something of this guy as he is a bad man.
silus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't look like Pryor is anywhere close to thinking about a position change. Unless the Seahawks are carrying 3 QBs in the season, this is a practice squad competition with BJ Daniels. The more I look at this, the more it seems like the Hawks did this to block the 49ers.
SoS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:
It doesn't look like Pryor is anywhere close to thinking about a position change. Unless the Seahawks are carrying 3 QBs in the season, this is a practice squad competition with BJ Daniels. The more I look at this, the more it seems like the Hawks did this to block the 49ers.

He's not PS eligible so that theory goes out the window.
C-Hawkin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still agree with Theory- He's been pretty vocal about NOT changing positions. Unless that's changed, this is still a head scratching move to me, as I see no possibility of him beating out TJak. Some wildcat stuff sure, but he's gotta contribute somewhere else to make the 53. WR or TE seem like no brainers, but...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: