Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What All Hinges on Bradford?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramsfan4lyfe8

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: What All Hinges on Bradford? Reply with quote

What's up guys? So with it being a little slow besides mocks and everything I was thinking; what all is hinging on how well Sam does? Like let's say this year he regresses or there's another injury that forces us to let him go and go in a different direction. Do you all think fish and Snead could/would lose their job? Or do you think it would buy them time to draft their own guy and groom him? I know this regime did not draft Sam but they had the opportunity to take RGIII and basically came here all because of him so they had A LOT of stock in Sam. I think the former in the sense that if they part ways they will be alloted more time for their own guy because of how talented the staff they have put together has become. Thoughts/comments/opinions?
yrba1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically said it right, I don't expect our FO to be fired unless individual performances drop off significantly due to poor coaching and drafting. This is the best FO we've had since Carroll Rosenbloom was still alive.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the coaching staff has a considerable amount of job security.

However, they should be held to a high standard considering all the high draft picks they've had. I am slightly concerned about how they've used those picks.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
yrba1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:

However, they should be held to a high standard considering all the high draft picks they've had. I am slightly concerned about how they've used those picks.

They've drafted better in 2 years than the Martz/Shaw and Spags/Devaney regime combined. There's bound to be misses in the draft like Pead but this FO then responds with getting a 5th round gem.
j-stew32

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if they draft Watkins and Bradford pulls a bradturd. Snead could be in trouble. But if they take Robinson or Matthews the run. Game plus our weapons if all healthy and all motivated (cough Brian Quick coughJared cook cough) Our offense will be solid enough for a wildcard run
ajhicks11

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I watch Bradford for the more I feel the criticism is stemming from an unreliable source. The guy has developed quite a bit. He knows how to move in the pocket. He has intelligence at the line of scrimmage. And don't kid yourselves he hasn't lost his accuracy.

He does miss on a pass her and there but any qb does. THe only real knock you can throw at him is due to injury concerns. If the kid stays healthy this team is going to be lethal.

What WR that has left that Rams has looked better else where? Laurent Robinson and Denario are the only guys I can think even had their name spoken after leaving the Rams (Amendola did have his name spoken but didn't do anything).

I feel confident that we are in good hands with Sam. He may never be a Rogers, Manning, etc. But he has the ability to lead this team to Super Victories. Let him develop within the offense while our defense and offense develop.

Pick 2 and 13
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yrba1 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:

They've drafted better in 2 years than the Martz/Shaw and Spags/Devaney regime combined. There's bound to be misses in the draft like Pead but this FO then responds with getting a 5th round gem.

I'm not saying they've been bad, just that they've fired a lot of shots, and some of them need to become difference makers.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
zn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do you all think fish and Snead could/would lose their job?

No. If there's a problem with Bradford...which I doubt btw...Fisher survives that easily. He's Kroenke's guy and one season would not change that. I don't have any direct proof of that obviously but that's the vibe I sense--Fisher was handed the keys and it would take something genuinely drastic to change all that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: