Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Will the Cardinals pull the trigger on Bridgewater at 20
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RandomCampBody

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Will the Cardinals pull the trigger on Bridgewater at 20 Reply with quote

It's looking more and more likely that he is going to be on the board at this pick, do you think the cardinals would draft him or is he just not someone they would take?

Would you?

There is no way i would pass him up at that pick personally.
mtdowner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take Bridgewater at 20 in a heartbeat. But I honestly have no idea if the Cards would take him. Our GM has stated that we will pull the trigger on a franchise QB if he's there but I have no idea which QB's our staff view as franchise caliber.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way we pass either him or Bortles at 20 and if we were to, I would be so freaking pissed

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way in Hell Bridgewater falls that far. If EJ Manuel was drafted 16th overall last year, Bridgewater isn't falling past there. Not a chance.

[quote="Childish Gambino"]Funny the day you born that's really your death sentence[/quote]
mtdowner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMachONE wrote:
No way in Hell Bridgewater falls that far. If EJ Manuel was drafted 16th overall last year, Bridgewater isn't falling past there. Not a chance.

Geno Smith was the unanimous top QB and he fell to round 2.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think that since the draft was pushed further back this year all of us and "analysts" are trying to make news by spinning things to where they aren't really true. Bridgewater and Bortles won't fall, everyone is overthinking it. But in the hypothetical scenario where they do, we better as hell pick them

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take him if he fell to 20 and im sure the team would. Still think he the best qb in the drafted.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love teddy but cannot see the point in drafting him with our first pick

He cannot contribute enough in 2014 for me, how is he going to get us into playoffs this year compared to a safety, oline, TE etc?

Maybe trade 2015 1st to get back in at 28 etc to get him, then I'm ok
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
I love teddy but cannot see the point in drafting him with our first pick

He cannot contribute enough in 2014 for me, how is he going to get us into playoffs this year compared to a safety, oline, TE etc?

Maybe trade 2015 1st to get back in at 28 etc to get him, then I'm ok

Thing is though, Keim preaches best player available. I dont think he's going to pass up QB of the future for anything need based

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he is goes BPA, then he has to look at his options in making us win this year.

So that would negate a QB pick anywhere in first few rounds. He would go impact players at positions that would play now.

He would get more leeway if we made playoffs in 2014, that would buy him at least 2 more years, in which he could go get his QB of the future.

NFL is win now league, not plan for future league

If we miss playoffs in 2014, then pressure is on, him and Arians, cannot see Bidwell letting them go 3 years without playoffs, so they would be both gone after 2015
holeman1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard some negative things about Bridgewater... take a listen:

"Over the final months leading up to the 2014 NFL Draft, there have been a lot of reports of Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater falling lower than expected on draft day. They've become more commonplace with each passing week.

This isn't news to teams though. They've told us that the national media is simply catching up, and that it has overrated Bridgewater during his collegiate career and throughout the draft process.

We've reached out to many teams about Bridgewater, and all have been down on him. Perhaps the most glaring response we've heard came from an executive with an NFC playoff team that has no need for a starting quarterback. They have their franchise signal-caller, but they could use a reserve, so we asked this executive his thoughts on some quarterbacks, including Bridgewater.

The NFC executive said that he thought Bridgewater was a "fourth-round guy" and will fall out of the first round. He said that there isn't anything exceptional about Bridgewater's skill set, as he doesn't have an elite arm, size or mobility. Because of that, he felt that Bridgewater is a fourth-round talent.

Another scouting director picking in the top 20 that could consider a quarterback told us that his team never had Bridgewater as a first-round pick. They said he's carried a second-round grade throughout the process. They still have him as a second-round pick after his much-maligned pro day.

Sources from three teams in the top 10 have told us that they have Blake Bortles and Derek Carr graded ahead of Bridgewater. One team also has A.J. McCarron rated ahead of Bridgewater.

Six different franchises, including those three in the top 10, have said they believe that Bridgewater is going to fall much lower than expected on draft day and could easily drop out of the first round because teams aren't grading him as a first-round pick. "
- from Walterfootball.com

im not sure what we should do, I think that if this is true then we could trade back and still get Teddy
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all complete and utter horse crap. These NFL teams are either creating the most elaborate league wide smokescreen of all time or they are just idiots with massive egos that beleive they can turn any Tall QB with a big arm into an All-Pro.

Quote:
He said that there isn't anything exceptional about Bridgewater's skill set, as he doesn't have an elite arm, size or mobility.

Seriously though, who gives two mother ducks whether or not he has the arm of Ryan Leaf or the size of Jamarcus Russell or the mobility of Michael Vick. Those are things that don't matter. Seriously. I cannot beleive there are people in actual decision making roles in the NFL that still think like this.

Kurt Warner when he was carrying this team to a Superbowl had an average arm, average size and bad mobility.

Look at what Teddy has. Elite accuracy and ball placement. Elite defensive recognition skills. Elite manipulation skills. Elite decision making skills.

Combine those things and you have a guy who can decipher what the defense is doing, find the best matchup, look away any coverage and then come back to the throw that will be there.

That is what you want in your QB. That is what Teddy will give you. The team that gets Teddy is going to be so happy for the next decade.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm intrigued by Tom Savage. His stock is sky rocketing. He has the tools to be successful; strong arm, good vision, pocket presence

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holeman1 wrote:
I have heard some negative things about Bridgewater... take a listen:

"Over the final months leading up to the 2014 NFL Draft, there have been a lot of reports of Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater falling lower than expected on draft day. They've become more commonplace with each passing week.

This isn't news to teams though. They've told us that the national media is simply catching up, and that it has overrated Bridgewater during his collegiate career and throughout the draft process.

We've reached out to many teams about Bridgewater, and all have been down on him. Perhaps the most glaring response we've heard came from an executive with an NFC playoff team that has no need for a starting quarterback. They have their franchise signal-caller, but they could use a reserve, so we asked this executive his thoughts on some quarterbacks, including Bridgewater.

The NFC executive said that he thought Bridgewater was a "fourth-round guy" and will fall out of the first round. He said that there isn't anything exceptional about Bridgewater's skill set, as he doesn't have an elite arm, size or mobility. Because of that, he felt that Bridgewater is a fourth-round talent.

Another scouting director picking in the top 20 that could consider a quarterback told us that his team never had Bridgewater as a first-round pick. They said he's carried a second-round grade throughout the process. They still have him as a second-round pick after his much-maligned pro day.

Sources from three teams in the top 10 have told us that they have Blake Bortles and Derek Carr graded ahead of Bridgewater. One team also has A.J. McCarron rated ahead of Bridgewater.

Six different franchises, including those three in the top 10, have said they believe that Bridgewater is going to fall much lower than expected on draft day and could easily drop out of the first round because teams aren't grading him as a first-round pick. "
- from Walterfootball.com

im not sure what we should do, I think that if this is true then we could trade back and still get Teddy

All of those are kind of 3 things

1. Liars trying to get him to fall by tricking other franchises (Which doesn't happen easily. It's a product of the draft being so late)

2. Organizations messing with the media because they can

3. Smokescreen

Teddy doesn't fall past the #3 pick in the draft

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or NFL teams don't value Bridgewater all that highly. It's a possibility.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: