Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cecil Shorts Stat Analysis

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MJD4MVP5455


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 1989
Location: South Florida
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Cecil Shorts Stat Analysis Reply with quote

Cecil Shorts Breakdown
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
corry


Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 2830
Location: Orlando, FL
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Shorts' weakest attribute, and what ultimately will keep him from being a great receiver, are his hands

Despite showing off the ability to win physical battles, Shorts had a troubling number of drops last year. Nine per our game charting project, and that doesn't include about ten defensed passes that some would call catchable. (We just give credit to the defenders on these, but that doesn't mean that the balls weren't there on Shorts' person to be caught.)"



Stopped reading
_________________
2nd place in Jaguars forum USJJC 2012

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83745
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

corry wrote:
"Shorts' weakest attribute, and what ultimately will keep him from being a great receiver, are his hands

Despite showing off the ability to win physical battles, Shorts had a troubling number of drops last year. Nine per our game charting project, and that doesn't include about ten defensed passes that some would call catchable. (We just give credit to the defenders on these, but that doesn't mean that the balls weren't there on Shorts' person to be caught.)"



Stopped reading


Wait, which part got you? Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tugboat


Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 3579
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped reading at the "maybe they should play Shorts in the slot more". Confused
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 46319
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
I stopped reading at the "maybe they should play Shorts in the slot more". Confused
Yeah, I don't get that one at all. He's most successful at the X.

They need to fix the interior o-line and get him a QB so he can have his vertical route tree back, that's what they need to do.
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83745
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
I stopped reading at the "maybe they should play Shorts in the slot more". Confused
Yeah, I don't get that one at all. He's most successful at the X.

They need to fix the interior o-line and get him a QB so he can have his vertical route tree back, that's what they need to do.


Yea, get him someone that can throw a ball in his vicinity and an OL that can give him more than 3 seconds to get open
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sadjag


Joined: 02 Mar 2012
Posts: 1134
Location: jax
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did the slot stuff come from? Did he just say that because he's under 6'? I mean they played Blackmon in the slot all of the time I imagine theyd put Cecil in there to if it made sense.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tugboat


Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 3579
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
I stopped reading at the "maybe they should play Shorts in the slot more". Confused
Yeah, I don't get that one at all. He's most successful at the X.

They need to fix the interior o-line and get him a QB so he can have his vertical route tree back, that's what they need to do.


Yea, get him someone that can throw a ball in his vicinity and an OL that can give him more than 3 seconds to get open


Pretty much. That's the best way to get more out of Shorts III.

Sounds so simple. Now to actually get it done...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83745
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
I stopped reading at the "maybe they should play Shorts in the slot more". Confused
Yeah, I don't get that one at all. He's most successful at the X.

They need to fix the interior o-line and get him a QB so he can have his vertical route tree back, that's what they need to do.


Yea, get him someone that can throw a ball in his vicinity and an OL that can give him more than 3 seconds to get open


Pretty much. That's the best way to get more out of Shorts III.

Sounds so simple. Now to actually get it done...


Yea, pretty much describes any target situation, fix the other stuff to see what you really got, but until we fix the QB I dont see him breaking out
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jags


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 2608
Location: Florida (Thanks to Kempes on the sig)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The writer of this article maid a disclaimer pretty much stating that he was unable to watch every single snap, so this is going off the data he was able to acquire.

With that being said he believed from what he saw that slots would excel in the slot because he is 6 foot 200 and he seems to be going off of this new belief in outside WRs being 6'3 and 215+ pounds. This is referring to an article stating that something along the lines of 6 of the top 7 WR last year where over 6'3.

He believes that Shorts would be better suited to play a Harvin, Cruz, Welker esque role to get him more catchable balls and keep him from getting jammed constantly outside the hashmarks, from what he saw.

Do I agree, no. Did what some of what he said make sense, yes. Overall a decent read and new perspective, but it is from the outside looking in. A top QB and a better pass blocking O-line would let him see the talent that Shorts truly possess.
_________________


DarthDavis wrote:
I tell you I respect the Jags forum nothing but classy posters. They got a good group over there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 46319
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turns out he played the entire year with a sports hernia..
http://sbn.to/1gX3Gyo

Shocked
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
.Buzz


Joined: 16 Jul 2013
Posts: 1469
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Turns out he played the entire year with a sports hernia..
http://sbn.to/1gX3Gyo

Shocked


Honestly should maybe have it's own thread...

Such a tough dude, I hope we ink him long term.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 46319
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
Honestly should maybe have it's own thread...
You can't tell me what to do, you're not my real dad.
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
.Buzz


Joined: 16 Jul 2013
Posts: 1469
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
Honestly should maybe have it's own thread...
You can't tell me what to do, you're not my real dad.



_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group