Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Two Different Mocks
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rememberthevet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
rememberthevet wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
Your 3rd rounders aren't going to be there. I don't think either will be around for our 2nd round pick. Marcus Smith could go in the late 1st. I think Deone could go in the late 1st as well. There is zero reason for Calvin Pryor to be a 1st rounder, but not Deone, who can do everything Pryor can do, plus pull down int's. You also butchered the hell out of Deone's name.

I have to strongly disagree with the bolded statement. I like Deone Bucannon a lot, and that is very hard for me to say b/c he went to WSU, but Pryor is the better safety prospect. Bucannon does make plays, but at there are plenty of times where he seems to completely miss out on the play. Pryor seems to always be in the play.

I watched every single Louisville game this season because I love Teddy. Pryor misses plenty of tackles. Sean Taylor and Eric Berry missed tackles too.

I'm not sure how mentioning that Sean Taylor and Eric Berry missed tackles works against what I said. Pryor may have missed plenty of tackles, but it's not often that he is a non-factor in a play. I see a lot more of that from Bucannon. His game against Oregon is a perfect example. He put up great stats, but there were just as many times where he was completely out of the play and WSU got destroyed. It's harder to judge him because WSU had such a terrible defense; it's hard to assign him too much blame but it's equally hard for me to give him too much credit for his individual effort.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rememberthevet wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
rememberthevet wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
Your 3rd rounders aren't going to be there. I don't think either will be around for our 2nd round pick. Marcus Smith could go in the late 1st. I think Deone could go in the late 1st as well. There is zero reason for Calvin Pryor to be a 1st rounder, but not Deone, who can do everything Pryor can do, plus pull down int's. You also butchered the hell out of Deone's name.

I have to strongly disagree with the bolded statement. I like Deone Bucannon a lot, and that is very hard for me to say b/c he went to WSU, but Pryor is the better safety prospect. Bucannon does make plays, but at there are plenty of times where he seems to completely miss out on the play. Pryor seems to always be in the play.

I watched every single Louisville game this season because I love Teddy. Pryor misses plenty of tackles. Sean Taylor and Eric Berry missed tackles too.

I'm not sure how mentioning that Sean Taylor and Eric Berry missed tackles works against what I said. Pryor may have missed plenty of tackles, but it's not often that he is a non-factor in a play. I see a lot more of that from Bucannon. His game against Oregon is a perfect example. He put up great stats, but there were just as many times where he was completely out of the play and WSU got destroyed. It's harder to judge him because WSU had such a terrible defense; it's hard to assign him too much blame but it's equally hard for me to give him too much credit for his individual effort.

Bucannon definitely has faults, but you can teach those faults up. They are correctable things. What you can't really teach, and why I prefer Bucannon over Pryor, is natural play-making instincts. Deone has some. Pryor has almost none. Pryor makes plays in run defense, don't get me wrong, but not so much in coverage. In today's passing league, I prefer the guy who can also pull down int's.

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Perryman, D Greenberry, C Davis, T Coleman, H Kikaha, T Clemmings
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must be a highboy to think Bucannon will be there in the 3rd......
Johnnygunnz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like #2 much more... but Smith or Cyril won't last into the 3rd and 4th round, respectively. No way... no how.
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Brandin Cooks WR - gone probably - who else is availble?
2. Trent Murphy OLB - HELL NO
3. Deonne Buchanon S - gone probably - should have put him at 2
4. Cyril Richardson G - why?

1. Calvin Pryor S - not a fan
2. Jordan Matthews WR - best of the 8 picks, realistic and a good pick
3. Marcus Smith OLB - 50/50 on him, may not be there
4. Cyril Richardson - see first response

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyatemydingo wrote:

1. Brandin Cooks may or may not be gone, lots of mocks have him there. But if not, Marqise Lee, Odell Beckham, Kelvin Benjamin, all projected in that range.
2. You're not the first to be so adamant about a "no" in regards to Murphy on this site which I find puzzling. He's considered one of the best pass rushers in the draft.
3. Just saying, this is probably the only forum I've seen where people think Buchanan won't be there in the third. But even so, so there is a tier of safeties that are considered quality that can be had in the third.
4. In regards to Richardson, Even Mathis and Todd Hermie are both aging rapidly, Mathis wants a new deal, and a 4th round pick for a guy who can play both guard and tackle and provides depth isn't a bad thing.

1. Again, not that its an argument in and of itself to say this, but this has to be the only forum where there is so much push back on a guy who is the consensus #2 safety in the draft and its not even close.
2. Jordan Matthews is a personal favorite of mine but its crazy how polarizing he is in terms of scout and analyst talent evaluations. Some think he'll be nothing more than a competent #2 or #3 at best and some think he could develop into something special. I'm obviously in the latter camp.
3. Marcus Smith does have projections that are all over the place. Some say second round at the earliest some say as late as the 5th. He's not a first rounder by any stretch though.
4. See above.
highboy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnygunnz wrote:
I like #2 much more... but Smith or Cyril won't last into the 3rd and 4th round, respectively. No way... no how.

Smith has projections all over the place, his stock is as high/low as people want to tell themselves it seems. As far as Cyril, I don't see him going very high at all. He was considered one of the top 5 guards but not any more. Not so much because his stock fell but because others have risen. In a draft this deep at skill positions and impact positions, I think people will find quality guards like that in middle rounds.
Jeezla

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

highboy wrote:
babyatemydingo wrote:

1. Brandin Cooks may or may not be gone, lots of mocks have him there. But if not, Marqise Lee, Odell Beckham, Kelvin Benjamin, all projected in that range.
2. You're not the first to be so adamant about a "no" in regards to Murphy on this site which I find puzzling. He's considered one of the best pass rushers in the draft.
3. Just saying, this is probably the only forum I've seen where people think Buchanan won't be there in the third. But even so, so there is a tier of safeties that are considered quality that can be had in the third.
4. In regards to Richardson, Even Mathis and Todd Hermie are both aging rapidly, Mathis wants a new deal, and a 4th round pick for a guy who can play both guard and tackle and provides depth isn't a bad thing.

1. Again, not that its an argument in and of itself to say this, but this has to be the only forum where there is so much push back on a guy who is the consensus #2 safety in the draft and its not even close.
2. Jordan Matthews is a personal favorite of mine but its crazy how polarizing he is in terms of scout and analyst talent evaluations. Some think he'll be nothing more than a competent #2 or #3 at best and some think he could develop into something special. I'm obviously in the latter camp.
3. Marcus Smith does have projections that are all over the place. Some say second round at the earliest some say as late as the 5th. He's not a first rounder by any stretch though.4. See above.

That's strange, Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks said the opposite last night on NFLN. You can't have a highboy scout a mans sport. Maybe when you become highyoungadult you'll understand what you are seeing a little better.

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Perryman, D Greenberry, C Davis, T Coleman, H Kikaha, T Clemmings
highboy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
highboy wrote:
babyatemydingo wrote:

3. Marcus Smith does have projections that are all over the place. Some say second round at the earliest some say as late as the 5th. He's not a first rounder by any stretch though.4. See above.

That's strange, Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks said the opposite last night on NFLN. You can't have a highboy scout a mans sport. Maybe when you become highyoungadult you'll understand what you are seeing a little better.

Yeah arguments from derision aren't arguments, and you already said previously that the guys on NFL Network are wrong all the time, so if you're going to go with ad hominem, try to at least be consistent with it. Most mocks don't have Marcus Smith in the first round, that's simply a verifiable fact.
highboy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And just to be clear, the segment Jeezla is talking about is specifically about SURPRISE players that might go in the first round. Keyword: surprise, meaning, it would be a shock if they actually went in the first round. What an awesome scout you are Jeezla.
Jeezla

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

highboy wrote:
And just to be clear, the segment Jeezla is talking about is specifically about SURPRISE players that might go in the first round. Keyword: surprise, meaning, it would be a shock if they actually went in the first round. What an awesome scout you are Jeezla.

Thank you.

highboy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
highboy wrote:

Thank you.

I'm sure you're aware that its sarcasm. You're really not good and your analysis so far of pretty much everything in this thread is pretty off the mark.
Jeezla

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

highboy wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
highboy wrote:

Thank you.

I'm sure you're aware that its sarcasm. You're really not good and your analysis so far of pretty much everything in this thread is pretty off the mark.

At least I have analysis. You apparently prefer to just parrot draft site rankings little boy.

nlesthought

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally give me

2. (TB)J. Attaochu OLB
2. (TU)D. Buchannon S
3. M. Bryant WR
4. C. Jones LB

But if I had to choose 1 of the scenarios it would be

S- Pryor < Buchanon
WR- Matthews > Cooks
OLB- Smith > Murphy
OL- Richardson = Richardson

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: