Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Two Different Mocks
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
highboy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Two Different Mocks Reply with quote

I have two different scenarios going here. I'm looking for feedback in terms of a.) would you be happy if the draft went this way and b.) do you think it has a realistic chance? Doing just 4 rounds.

1. Brandin Cooks WR
2. Trent Murphy OLB
3. Deonne Buchanon S
4. Cyril Richardson G

1. Calvin Pryor S
2. Jordan Matthews WR
3. Marcus Smith OLB
4. Cyril Richardson

I myself like both scenarios but as much as I'd love to get a WR like Cooks, I think the second scenario might be better overrall for the team.
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1. Brandin Cooks WR
2. Trent Murphy OLB
3. Deonne Buchanon S
4. Cyril Richardson G

1. Meh
2. NO
3. Love, not sure if he'll last till the third though
4. Dont really know alot about him

Quote:
1. Calvin Pryor S
2. Jordan Matthews WR
3. Marcus Smith OLB
4. Cyril Richardson

1. Not a huge fan of Pryor
2. LOVE
3. LOVE, however I dont see him lasting until the third
4. Once again dont know a ton about him

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 6 Sacks: 1 Interceptions: 0
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> #1
JayAp07

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prett much hit 4 big man crushes on our board. Matthews, Bucannon, Smith, and Pryor. Don't know if Smith or Bucannon will last to the 3rd round though, actually really doubt they do.

2013 Philadelphia Eagles NFC East Champs
Jeezla

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your 3rd rounders aren't going to be there. I don't think either will be around for our 2nd round pick. Marcus Smith could go in the late 1st. I think Deone could go in the late 1st as well. There is zero reason for Calvin Pryor to be a 1st rounder, but not Deone, who can do everything Pryor can do, plus pull down int's. You also butchered the hell out of Deone's name.

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Perryman, S Calhoun, D Greenberry, C Davis, R Mueller, E McCarthy

Last edited by Jeezla on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
Your 3rd rounders aren't going to be there. I don't think either will be around for our 2nd round pick. Marcus Smith could go in the late 1st. I think Deone could go in the late 1st as well. There is zero reason for Calvin Pryor to be a 1st rounder, but not Deone, who can do everything Pryor can do, plus pull down int's.

Yeah I did see somewhere that Marcus Smith could be a late first round pick

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 6 Sacks: 1 Interceptions: 0
Jeezla

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
Your 3rd rounders aren't going to be there. I don't think either will be around for our 2nd round pick. Marcus Smith could go in the late 1st. I think Deone could go in the late 1st as well. There is zero reason for Calvin Pryor to be a 1st rounder, but not Deone, who can do everything Pryor can do, plus pull down int's.

Yeah I did see somewhere that Marcus Smith could be a late first round pick

FF Draft forum as a whole is pretty well informed when it comes to players. We've been saying for months that Marcus Smith could/should be a late 1st. At least a few people have been anyways.

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Perryman, S Calhoun, D Greenberry, C Davis, R Mueller, E McCarthy
highboy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Mayock and most draft niks on NFL Network usually have a better feel for a player's talent and where they project than most, and the consensus among guys like that are that Deon Buchannon is a 3rd round safety. I haven't seen any mock that puts him in the first.
highboy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also don't think I've seen a single mock that has Smith in the first or any where near it. This is an extremely deep draft and depending on where the QBs drop, I think people are going to be surprised at who is still on the board when the Eagles are picking.
rememberthevet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus Smith won't make it out of the 2nd round IMO. Neither will Deone Buccanon. So to answer your questions, I would love it if either situation happened (minus Murphy of course) but I don't think it's very realistic.

Last edited by rememberthevet on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeezla

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

highboy wrote:
Mike Mayock and most draft niks on NFL Network usually have a better feel for a player's talent and where they project than most, and the consensus among guys like that are that Deon Buchannon is a 3rd round safety. I haven't seen any mock that puts him in the first.

Those dudes are wrong all the time, including Mayock.

Jeezla

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

highboy wrote:
I also don't think I've seen a single mock that has Smith in the first or any where near it. This is an extremely deep draft and depending on where the QBs drop, I think people are going to be surprised at who is still on the board when the Eagles are picking.

Deep draft doesn't equal deep pass rusher or safety class. It's deep at WR, CB, TE, QB, and OL. After Ha Ha, Pryor, Bucannon, and Ward the safety class drops off real fast. And Marcus Smith is arguably the 3rd best OLB prospect in the draft (excluding Clowney).

Last edited by Jeezla on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
rememberthevet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
Your 3rd rounders aren't going to be there. I don't think either will be around for our 2nd round pick. Marcus Smith could go in the late 1st. I think Deone could go in the late 1st as well. There is zero reason for Calvin Pryor to be a 1st rounder, but not Deone, who can do everything Pryor can do, plus pull down int's. You also butchered the hell out of Deone's name.

I have to strongly disagree with the bolded statement. I like Deone Bucannon a lot, and that is very hard for me to say b/c he went to WSU, but Pryor is the better safety prospect. Bucannon does make plays, but at there are plenty of times where he seems to completely miss out on the play. Pryor seems to always be in the play.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rememberthevet wrote:
Jeezla wrote:

I have to strongly disagree with the bolded statement. I like Deone Bucannon a lot, and that is very hard for me to say b/c he went to WSU, but Pryor is the better safety prospect. Bucannon does make plays, but at there are plenty of times where he seems to completely miss out on the play. Pryor seems to always be in the play.

I watched every single Louisville game this season because I love Teddy. Pryor misses plenty of tackles. Sean Taylor and Eric Berry missed tackles too.

highboy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
highboy wrote:

Deep draft doesn't equal deep pass rusher or safety class. It's deep at WR, CB, TE, QB, and OL. After Ha Ha, Pryor, Bucannon, and Ward the safety class drops off real fast. And Marcus Smith is arguably the 3rd best OLB prospect in the draft (excluding Clowney).

It doesn't have to be deep at those positions for certain players to fall. Like I said, it depends on where the QBs drop and every year a run starts at certain positions and players can fly off the boards real fast. Ward btw isn't lumped in the same class with Pryor or HaHa by any scout or analysts I've seen. Haha and Pryor are overwhelmingly thought to be the top two and only first round safeties, with Buchannon, Ward, Brooks, and Joyner all projected as late second or early third round picks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: