Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TRADE scenarios
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul-mac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
broncos_fan _from _uk wrote:
I believe that there is going to be a run on QBs in the back end of the 1st round after Carr gets drafted in the teens "unexpectedly" and due to the fact that I think that there are nearly 40 different players that are on the same level from #20-#60.

The first round QB drafting might be wild this year. Of the top 3 names (Bridgewater, Bortles, and Manziel) it looks like one might drop out of the top ten picks and may keep dropping into the 20s. If there is such a drop, the announcers will be invoking the memory of Aaron Rodgers while teams will be furiously discussing trades. As of today, I'd put high odds that the Texans pick Clowney at #1. Tampa, Cleveland, and Minnesota are possible QB drafters. But, who knows?

For the Broncos, a dropping top-3 QB is probably good because it will loosen up the GMs for more wheeling&dealing. When pick #31 arrives and if there still are 4-5 good prospects available, I think Elway would gladly trade out of the 1st round.

Another thing to watch is that Denver will likely have a couple compensatory picks in 2015. That might influence their drafting and trading this year.

I think Houston, Jacksonville and Minnesota all go BPA with their first pick.

Jacksonville love Garoppolo who they can get at 39

Same with the Vikings and Mettenberger

The Texans take Clowney then wait until the 3rd QB goes off the board, then start trying to trade up to nab whoever falls furthest of the big 4. Maybe they can get one of them at 33.

Oakland and Tampa take the top two QBs imo, then Cleveland at 26.

1. Texans take Clowney
2. Rams take Watkins
3. Jags take Mack
4. Browns take Evans
5. Raiders take Carr
6. Falcons take Robinson
7. Buccaneers take Manziel

26. Browns take Bortles

Then the Texans up with the Saints and take Teddy B
bobdevine

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:

The latest rumor is that the Browns will take Derek Carr at #26. Plus Houston is looking at Mettenberger at #33 (2.1).

If those rumors are not just smoke screens, that will cause LOTS of trading at the bottom of the first round. Maybe Jacksonville will pay a premium price to move up from #39 to #31 so it can grab a QB.
bMiller031

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me ask you guys this: If we all can agree (barring injury) that Peyton plans to play out the remainder of his contract, why we would not take advantage of Brock Osweiler's trade value...Peyton's contract runs a year longer than Brock's, and a man much more familiar with the situation than any of us (Mike Klis) seems to be under the impression that we will likely see Brock leave as a FA before we see him as Peyton's predecessor. Why not get what we can for him now, groom Dysert to be our backup in case of a catastrophe, and wait a year or two before getting our guy for the future?
germ-x

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bMiller031 wrote:
Let me ask you guys this: If we all can agree (barring injury) that Peyton plans to play out the remainder of his contract, why we would not take advantage of Brock Osweiler's trade value...Peyton's contract runs a year longer than Brock's, and a man much more familiar with the situation than any of us (Mike Klis) seems to be under the impression that we will likely see Brock leave as a FA before we see him as Peyton's predecessor. Why not get what we can for him now, groom Dysert to be our backup in case of a catastrophe, and wait a year or two before getting our guy for the future?

If Denver allowed Osweiler to walk he would be the biggest draft blunder in the Elway era. If they think there is a strong possibility that Manning will play out his contract and Osweiler will leave Denver then i think you would have to try and find a trade partner in the next couple years.

This years draft may be as good as any. There are so many QB needy teams and Osweiler is more talented than any QB in this draft that i would assume there would be strong interest in him. I would think Denver would be able to move him for better value than they drafted him (#57 overall). There was also a report earlier in the offseason that the Texans contacted the Broncos about Osweiler. Osweiler is also only 23 years old, the same age as most rookies and has 2 years of experience in the NFL giving him an advantage in that regard to draft prospects.

However, if Denver really believes that Brock Osweiler is a legitimate franchise QB, even if Manning were to play out his contract i would think Denver would make a really strong push to re-sign him, even if it was only to be a backup.
Winder23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bMiller031 wrote:
There is no way they are going to trade Osweiler anytime soon. Klis was merely speculating.

He is making next to nothing in terms of salary and has two years left on his contract. Two years is a long time. The Broncos went from Orton/Tebow to a super bowl in two years.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
bMiller031 wrote:
There is no way they are going to trade Osweiler anytime soon. Klis was merely speculating.

Thank you for saying that. Klis, who is a damn fine reporter, is not one who has a good track record as either an analyst or as a predictor of the future. I'd be surprised if Peyton plays beyond this season; he hinted as such in the run up to the Super Bowl with his "light at the end of the tunnel" comments.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
bobdevine

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
The latest rumor is that the Browns will take Derek Carr at #26. Plus Houston is looking at Mettenberger at #33 (2.1).

If those rumors are not just smoke screens, that will cause LOTS of trading at the bottom of the first round. Maybe Jacksonville will pay a premium price to move up from #39 to #31 so it can grab a QB.

Another fun rumor is that the Vikings are high on Mettenberger so maybe the Vikings woild want to trade their 2nd rounder (#40) to move up to #31, ahead of Houston's 2nd round spot.

Anybody want to work out a fair trade of #31 for #40?
Maybe Broncos give 1st and 5th to get Minnesota's 2nd and 4th?

I expect at least a half-dozen trades in the first round. St Louis very much wants to trade down from #2 and if it trades, that will start a chain-reaction.
mke1010

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
bobdevine wrote:
broncos_fan _from _uk wrote:
I believe that there is going to be a run on QBs in the back end of the 1st round after Carr gets drafted in the teens "unexpectedly" and due to the fact that I think that there are nearly 40 different players that are on the same level from #20-#60.

The first round QB drafting might be wild this year. Of the top 3 names (Bridgewater, Bortles, and Manziel) it looks like one might drop out of the top ten picks and may keep dropping into the 20s. If there is such a drop, the announcers will be invoking the memory of Aaron Rodgers while teams will be furiously discussing trades. As of today, I'd put high odds that the Texans pick Clowney at #1. Tampa, Cleveland, and Minnesota are possible QB drafters. But, who knows?

For the Broncos, a dropping top-3 QB is probably good because it will loosen up the GMs for more wheeling&dealing. When pick #31 arrives and if there still are 4-5 good prospects available, I think Elway would gladly trade out of the 1st round.

Another thing to watch is that Denver will likely have a couple compensatory picks in 2015. That might influence their drafting and trading this year.

I think Houston, Jacksonville and Minnesota all go BPA with their first pick.

Jacksonville love Garoppolo who they can get at 39

Same with the Vikings and Mettenberger

The Texans take Clowney then wait until the 3rd QB goes off the board, then start trying to trade up to nab whoever falls furthest of the big 4. Maybe they can get one of them at 33.

1. Texans take Clowney
2. Rams take Watkins
3. Jags take Mack
4. Browns take Evans
5. Raiders take Carr
6. Falcons take Robinson
7. Buccaneers take Manziel

26. Browns take Bortles

Then the Texans up with the Saints and take Teddy B

Dude when you write stuff likes this it just irks me. Even you know that Raiders are not taking Carr at number 5. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. Yes the Raiders like him but hes not going that high. Carr is a late 1st round early 2nd pick.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking they take Manziel now but it wouldn't surprise me if Carr is the first QB off the board. I rank him as the 4th QB but it seems like GMs disagree
Winder23

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the top five CB's (Dennard, Gilbert, Fuller, Verrett and Roby) and Mosley are all gone, I expect the Broncos to take an opportunity to trade back. I still think there is an outside chance they trade up a few spots, but not likely in this deep draft.

WR may be an option at 31, but even then I am skeptical of any of the wideouts available at 31.
KingBishop

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they trade back I have a presentation I have to give that Thursday night

Props to Joe_Is_The_Best
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is highly likely that Osweiler gets traded.

Teams have inquired about Oz
    This draft class of QBs is disappointing
    Manning is still physically able to play for 2-3 years
    Osweiler can only learn so much from sitting, observing and occasionally getting reps
    Elway has shown interest in mid to late round QBs this year
    Elway has gotten more aggressive as a GM overall...

As others have said, the writing is on the wall!

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
Winder23

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who would be the backup then? If Oz was in the last year of his contract I would agree. He is not and who knows how much longer Manning will play. I would bet money Oz isn't traded.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
Who would be the backup then? If Oz was in the last year of his contract I would agree. He is not and who knows how much longer Manning will play. I would bet money Oz isn't traded.

Maybe they feel like they could bring in a Brett Smith or a Stephon Morris and have him compete with Dysert to be the backup. I agree Osweiler won't be traded though. If Manning is going to play in 2015 then I think next year we might trade Brock then.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would trade your mom for Khalil Mack.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: