Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Still upset over Desean being cut Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bkb77

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Still upset over Desean being cut Mock Reply with quote

Still pissed about cutting Desean for nothing it was a terrible move and will bit chip in the butt. Also starting to not like Chip as much if he's gonna try to power struggle and run this team like a college program.

With that being said he's a mock with some bigger trades that im sure will not be totally popular with all but with a hole at WR I think they are the right moves.

Cut Alex Henery; Sign Dan Carpenter

Trade Bryce,5th to JAC for 4(105)
Trade 22,105,237 to BAL for 17
Trade 54,86 to MIN for 40
Trade Brandon Graham to SF for 243,246

1(17).Anthony Barr UCLA 6'4 248 SR OLB

1(17).Anthony Barr UCLA 6'4 248 SR OLB
2013 (13g 66tkl,20tfl,10sack,6ff,1fr,1pb)
Career (27g 148tkl,41tfl,23sack,10ff,1fr,6pb,1blk)

Barr has everything you are looking for in a Prospect. This guy has the size at almost 6'5 260, has 4.4 Speed. He is a speed rusher who uses his speed and motor to make plays. Barr plays with a consistent motor and has a nasty to his game. He goes out there plays hard and wants to let the opponent know he's there. He is a playmaker always looking to dislodge the ball and create turnovers. From all indications he's very coachable kid and takes criticism well and is always looking to improve.

I Personally think Barr has a Better NFL Future then Jadeveon Clowney. Barr has just about as much physical talent as Clowney but has a far better motor and he rarely takes plays off. He also has put up slightly better numbers in 2 year than Clowney has put up in 3.

Barr is still raw with only two years under his belt at OLB, he was a running back for the 1st half of his career at UCLA. He can get a little tight in the hips in coverage and could be beat by opponents in space. Barr needs to get stronger at The POA. he can be pushed out of some plays in the run. He can take bad angles at time but when he does he alway chases the play back down with that motor. He also will run him self out of the play, but managed to make his play back to get sacks in college, but NFL QBs don't hold onto the ball that long and he needs to work on technique and taking better angles to the QB. As time goes on and he logs more time on the other side of the ball and gets the proper coaching he should be able to adjust to those mistake and not make the same mistake twice.

With everything considered I would mark Barr down as my Top Prospect in this draft. I believe he will develop into a perennial pro bowler and consistently near the top of the nfl sack leaders. I would compare his game to Aldon Smith of the 49ers

NFL Comparison- Aldon Smith

Barr is exactly what this D is missing. they needs someone who can go get the QB and that's exactly what Barr does. He has everything to be a game charger who can take this defense and team to the next level.

On a side note Barr has some ties to the Eagles, his father was a 4th round pick of the birds back in the day and he plays next to eagles linebacker Mychal Kendricks's Brother Erik at UCLA. Like I stated before, I believe you are getting the best player in this draft. This trade is fairly low risk, high reward and I believe it will play dividend's immediately as well as down the line.

--------------------------------------------------

2(40). Marqise Lee USC 6'0 195 Jr WR

Marqise Lee USC 6'0 195 Jr WR
2013 (11g 57rec 791yds 4td; 6car 7yds)
Career (36g 248rec 3655yds 29td,24car 146yd; 2krtd)
Marqise Lee is my favorite WR prospect in this draft. I know Sammy Watkins is a consensus Top 5 pick but I still have question just about his rawness Lee I believe is the most polished receiver in this draft. When I look at Marqise I see a pretty sure bet and safe pick. I believe he will be a 1000 yard receiver and has all of the potential to have 5-7 years of 1000 yards plus.

Lee is a very polished route runner, came from a pro style offense and ran a very polished NFL Style route tree. He is great at Yards after the Catch. You and catch him on a hitch for 7 yards and he can take it 20+ on any possession. Lee has been a starter from day 1 at USC, now I know it's not Pete Carroll's USC any more but still with all the talent they still get that's very impressive. And more impressive he's been a true difference maker since day 1.

Now there is still some question marks about his size at barley 6'0 190 he's not gonna scare any body like a Megatron or Andre Johnson. He also has had more injures this past year and at only 6'0 190 he is susceptible to injures like most thinner Wide Receivers. He also didn't have that impressive of a combine or pro day numbers wise. He ran a 4.5 in the 40 but on tape I still see that same 4.5 unlike guys who run 4.3 at their pro day but are 4.7 in pads. He also struggles vs bigger CBs who can get up on him and jam him at the line, needs to work on getting stronger and avoiding getting jammed in press coverage.

All and all I am very high on Lee and believe he will be a very successful WR and when it's all said and done I think he will have the best career out of any WR in this draft. Now Lee doesn't have the size like Mike Evans or the freakish speed or Potential like Sammy Watkins but that doesn't mean he can't or won't be successful, look guys like Reggie Wayne,Chad Johnson,Victor Cruz; I believe he could very well have a career similar to one of those guys if all goes well and he maxes out his potential. He's a higher floor still fairly high ceiling prospect. Should be a Top 20 pick but I believe will fall to late 1st early 2nd and will be a steal for whoever gets him.

NFL Comparison- Victor Cruz
-------------------------------------------

4(122). Trai Turner LSU 6'3 316 Jr OG

Trai Turner LSU 6'3 316 Jr OG
Turner decided to come out a year early. If Turner had stayed for another year there's a good chance he could have heard his name called on day 1 of 2015. He is a big athletic Guard, who can do it all. he's strong at the POA and is athletic enough to pull and get to the 2nd level if needed. He was a 2 year starter at LSU a national power house in the toughest conference in the NCAA.

He is still raw and needs to work on his footwork and technique. Also his body could use some toning up to help him with stand the long NFL season. I believe he could use at least 1year to sit and learn the NFL scheme and to work on his craft. I believe by year 2 this guy is a starting RG in the league. I could see him growing into being a player like Ben Grubbs of the saints.

All and all this guy has a bright future and a lot of potential. I think he would make a great choice in the 4th for the eagles, let him sit behind Todd for one year then be in a strong position to take his spot and upgrade the position while saving some cap money in year 2.

NFL Comparison- Ben Grubbs
----------------------------------

7(243). Nick Addison Bethune Cookman 6'2 185 Jr CB

Nick Addison Bethune Cookman 6'2 185 Jr CB
2013 (13g 64tkl,3tfl,2ff,1fr,5int,2pb,2td)

Athletic Tough aggressive big corner, from small school who plays with a Chip on his shoulder. Has decent ball skills as well with 5ints this year including 1 housed for a TD. Bethune Cookman has turned out some very good NFL DBS in recent years in Rasheen Mathis and Nick Collins to name a few. He Could be a gem towards the end of the draft. Also is in a great position to learn from another small school long corner who plays with a Chip on his shoulder in Cary Williams.
--------------------------

7(246). Vinnie Sunseri Alabama 6'0 210 Jr FS/SS

Vinnie Sunseri Alabama 6'0 210 Jr FS/SS
2013 (7g 20tkl,1tfl,2int,4pb,2td)
Career (34g 104tkl,7tfl,1.5sack,1ff,1fr,4int,8pb,2td)

Vinnie is one of the more underrated prospects in this draft. A good real for that is his season ended with a torn ACL and yet he still decided to enter the draft.His dad Sal was the DC for Tennessee, he's a coaches son and plays the game like one. He has a really High FB IQ and has a knack for making the big play. He was probably Nick Sabans go to guy on that Defense, he was an unsung hero a lot of the time and never quite got the hype or credit that other more talented players on that team have.

At about 6'0 210 he is slightly undersized but has enough to get by in this league. Sunseri has good ball skills, will go get the ball when it's up there, he's a sure tackler in the opened field. He just an All around ball player. not the flashiest, biggest, or most physically imposing but he is smart and knows how to play the game.

He can be overpowered on blocks when in the box. He has isn't a track star, has solid 4.6 speed but he's not gonna win a track meet out there and can be beat over the top at times. Doesn't have bad foot work, he has decent back peddle but can always improve and refine that technique just a little bit. Needs to get stronger though, because he will have problems if forced to play in the box often.

I believe Sunseri is one of the better overlooked in this draft and has as good of chance as any to be one of the best pick of day 3( Rounds 4-7). If the stars align and everything goes right I can see this guy turning into a Eric Weddle type player. now that is high praise cause Weddle is one of the best in the league, but Sunseri's game is similar to Weddle. I think is floor isn't too low though, worse case I see a fringe starter and quality special teamer. All and all he's a safer pick with some up upside, could be a real late round steal in the 7th.
--------------------------------------

UDFA
Colt Lyerla Oregon 6'5 250 Jr TE
2013 (3g 2rec 26yds,3car 17yds 1td)
Career (24g 32rec 539yds 11td,13car 77yds 1td)

Lyerla has had his struggles at Oregon including a cocaine problem which lead to him leaving the school. but Chip Knows this guy and he has all the talent you need and with you not even having to waste a pick it's worth taking a shot on a talented but troubled kid it's a no risk with the potential for high reward for the birds here.

Shaquile Richardson Arizona 6'1 190 Sr CB
2013 (12g 53tkl,3tfl,3int,3pb)
Career (48g 187tkl,8tfl,3ff,10int,29pb,1td)
Tall Long Athletic Corner,who was a 4 year starter in the Pac12.

Roosevelt Nix Kent st 5'11 260 Sr OLB
2013 (11g 41tkl,13tfl,3.5sack,2ff,5pb,1blk)
Career (48g 169tkl,63tfl,23sack,12ff,1fr,12pb,3blk)
Undersized over productive small school OLB

Props to Kiltman on the Sig

Last edited by bkb77 on Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:31 pm; edited 4 times in total
Jeezla

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Trai Turner pick. That's about all I liked. Aldon SMith is not a good comparison for Barr. Totally different pass rushing styles.

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Perryman, D Greenberry, C Davis, T Coleman, H Kikaha, T Clemmings
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That trade has Bryce Brown valued at 260 points (Pick 66, 2nd pick of the 3rd round)

He wouldn't fetch that much.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't like marquis lee. Not big and not fast. Aka useless.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Bryce Brown trade is pretty absurd......
JohnyEagles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

But it won't happen....... Mad
eagles18

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:

He runs the same time as LeSean McCoy I think. That's plenty fast for me.

Intelligence is like a river. The deeper it is... the less noise it makes.
Jeezla

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles18 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

He runs the same time as LeSean McCoy I think. That's plenty fast for me.

Shady isn't that fast. He's caught from behind a lot.

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Perryman, D Greenberry, C Davis, T Coleman, H Kikaha, T Clemmings
Johnnygunnz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Just no.

Barr is actively in a free-fall with his draft stock. I love the guy, but I'm not trading up for him at this point, especially in a draft as deep as this. I wouldn't be giving up more picks for a guy who is falling on draft boards. Now I know this is just speculation and anything can happen, but I've heard teams don't see him as a complete product and don't consider him a top-15 pick anymore. In fact, I've seen about 10 mock drafts with him in the late first/early 2nd round over the past 2 weeks.

The rest of the picks are alright. I do like Lee a lot, but, again, I'm not using picks to trade up for him.
rememberthevet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAT in the 5th after trading a 5th for Sproles? No thank you. If Barr drops closer to striking distance, maybe, but this is a draft full of pass rushers and WRs, why trade up for one? Marqise Lee...I could easily see us taking him but he's not a player I'm very high on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: