Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GM Mock #3- 1st one after Desean Release

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: GM Mock #3- 1st one after Desean Release Reply with quote

GM Mock 3. This was an interesting one for me, but I liked the way it turned out.

TRADE!
Traded Pick #22 to 49ers for Pick #30 and pick #94.

Quote:
Not great value on the trade, but had no other offers and the board was destroyed. Ha-Ha, Pryor, Ford, Cooks, Gilbert, Dennard were all gone. I was desperate to trade back.

I had another deal to trade back in the top 5 of Rd 2 and get more picks, but the guy bailed last second, so I picked my target at 30.

1-30 Jimmie Ward S Northern Illinois

Quote:
I've got a top 5 in the 2nd grade on him, but couldn't get back again. He's gone in the 1st in every GM Mock I've done, so I took him here. Ward has his faults but is a playmaker at S with great balls skills hand has the ability to cover slot WR's and TE's.

TRADE!
Trade picks 86 and 94 to Detriot Lions for pick 55.

Quote:
Complete opposite problem here. My board was stacked with value and I got a great deal. I took 2 later round 3rds and got back to back picks in round 2!

2-54- Marcus Smith DE/OLB Louisville

Quote:
Smith was the last of the impact pass rushing 3-4 OLB's on the board. Attaochu and Van Noy were gone at this point. After Smith there is a huge drop off and the Eagles need more pass rush.

2-55 Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt

Quote:
A lot of people on this board want him at 22. I think he is a reach there, but a down right steal at 55. Well worth the trade up. He will be a beast in this offense.

4-122- Dontae Johnson CB NC State

Quote:
The long wait between 55 and 122. The draft is deep at CB and I think Johnson is a great fit with what Chip wants to do with his backend. He has the size and speed, but his movement skills may cause his best fit to be at S. he will get a shot at CB, but if he is a Safety I don't think that is a bad thing either.

5-164 Beau Allen NT Wisconsin

Quote:
If the wild card game against the Saints proved nothing else, it is the Eagles need a run stopper NT in the rotation. Allen is not a superstar or an every down player, but fills the void.

7-236- Andrew Norwell G/T Ohio State

Quote:
A versitlle, well balance OLman is never a band thing to grab in the 7th.

Bash Away!
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good

"You will never walk again... but you will fly"
“You forget. My father had four sons.”
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Pretty good

After that ringing endorsement, I can die a happy man Laughing
one of one

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't mind it. My biggest complaint would be selecting Beau Allen. Do you really want to use a 5th on a guy who may see the field 15% of the time at most? We can get a big space clogger as an UDFA and it's not very essential as Bennie Logan should only get bigger. In my opinion Brandon Thomas would be awesome to get there, or an ILB that could learn behind Demeco.

Dontae Johnson could be a great system fit at CB if he comes here.
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not big on the first two players, position yes, the selections no. feels very reachy.
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
Not big on the first two players, position yes, the selections no. feels very reachy.

They were both consistently taken in this range in all the mocks I've done, seen etc. You may not be so high on them, which is fair, but I don't think they are "reaches".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: