Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Player Development in 2014
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BEASToftheEAST4

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a team as young as ours, there's too many players to list that we should expect development and improvement from. Obviously I'm hoping for improvement amongst everyone. As for who I'm really expecting to improve:

Alec Ogletree: Guy has all the physical talent in the world. Got beaten a bit last year as a result of being overwhelmed mentally. After a year in the league he should have a much better understanding of the game, thus limiting mistakes, while continuing to be the playmaker he was for us.

Tavon Austin: After the slow start, it seemed like it clicked for Austin. The game slowed down for him and we figured out how to use him better as well. I don't expect a slow start this year.

Michael Brockers: While he didn't quite have a sophomore slump, he didn't quite take the next step we all anticipated. This is the year he shows us whether he can be an elite player or just be the perpetual "good" player.

Janoris Jenkins/Trumaine Johnson: Secondary got eaten up last year, but I (like most others) feel that had a lot to do with the DC and the cushions in coverage, which didn't suit these two. I expect them to step it up this year after the sophomore slump. Also, while he isn't the playmaker Jenkins is, I feel that Johnson is underrated and was possibly the better cover corner. In time, we shall see.

TJ McDonald: Injuries derailed what was a solid rookie campaign for McDonald. He may never be spectacular, but I expect him to make the next step to becoming a solid starter who can occasionally make some big plays, who wont give up big plays.

Stedman Bailey: It's unfortunate that Austin and Bailey are the only two WR's I'm expecting improvement from. Take the fact that Austin is a gadget player, making Bailey the only true wideout and its even scarier. None of us are expecting anything from Quick, unfortunately, and I really didn't like what I saw from Givens last year. Stedman was the one who continuously got better with the more reps he got. I expect that kind of progression to continue into next season.

Zac Stacy: I think with an (expected) upgrade on the OL, nothing besides injuries can stop Stacy. He's a true work horse and he's perfect for this offense.

Sam Bradford: This is the big one. Injuries are obviously a big factor with him, but I feel with this team finding its identity with Stacy as our power RB, Bradford can capitalize off of that and be even more effective. Better line. Better weapons and running game. Better QB play

^El Ramster^
Jonezy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Leaps:

Bailey

Quick

Armstrong

T. Johnson

Barksdale

Bums:

Austin

Mcdonald

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
BEASToftheEAST4

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
Big Leaps:

Bailey

Quick

Armstrong

T. Johnson

Barksdale

Bums:

Austin

Mcdonald

What makes you think Austin will be bad? And more so what makes you believe in Brian Quick instead of him?

^El Ramster^
Jonezy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
Big Leaps:

Bailey

Quick

Armstrong

T. Johnson

Barksdale

Bums:

Austin

Mcdonald

What makes you think Austin will be bad? And more so what makes you believe in Brian Quick instead of him?

I have lost a lot of Love for Tavon lately, what seems to be drunken twitter rants have gotten old and very annoying, I don't know what he does during the day, but if he's partying that much someone should whack him upside the head. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I question his work ethic.

I think our FO had a 2-3 plan for Quick, just so raw coming out of App State.

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
D9-EM

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alec Ogletree

Its hard to overstate how important speed is in order for our front 7 to succeed in the NFC W. For that reason, I think the coaching staff will focus a lot of resources on fine tuning this guy. He made some bonehead mistakes but he also showed some great flashes in 2013 and I believe he will be a difference maker this season.
D9-EM

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
I have lost a lot of Love for Tavon lately, what seems to be drunken twitter rants have gotten old and very annoying, I don't know what he does during the day, but if he's partying that much someone should whack him upside the head. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I question his work ethic.

Are you talking about the Chris Long thing from last week? Or is he like that all the time on Twitter?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: