Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Answering the Brown's Fan
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FootballAnalyst

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:58 am    Post subject: Answering the Brown's Fan Reply with quote

Are you familiar with Horn's stats?

2004 New Orleans Saints 94 catches 1399 yds 11tds

94 catches led the NFC, he was second in the NFL in receiving yards!

However Browns fan, Cleveland did not have a receiver in the top 30 in either category. I can understand how your talent evaluation might be off.
truebrownsfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are you trying to take shots at me I'm only giving you the truth you would never get a 1st round pick for Horn stop ignoring the fact that he is old cause thats the reason you wouldnt get the pick and bye the way I don't have anything to do with who is on the Browns roster just like you don't have anything to do with the Saints roster so judging my talent evaluations from the Browns roster is pretty stupid.
truebrownsfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If my talent evaluation is bad what are you saying Horn is no good?Because I'm on record as saying Horn is a tremendous reciever the only reason you can't get a high pick for him is age and maybe health concerns but more so AGE!
SlidellSaint

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some teams are desperate for a WR. They would get a 1st rounder easily for Horn.

EASILY
truebrownsfan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right noone is that desperate he is too olddddddd.
#1SaintsFan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me show you why you're wrong, truebrownsfan...

Terrell Owens = 31 years old; 9 years in the NFL.
Marvin Harrison = 32 years old; 9 years in the NFL.

Are you saying that those two guys couldn't draw a first round pick in a trade? Actually that would be a steal. Joe Horn is not right on their level but he is just one notch below, and he is definitely worth a first round pick even with his 9 years in the league (only 5 years as a starter, by the way, so he's got plenty left).

With that said, though, I'd go crazy if the Saints traded Horn. So talented, so underrated...
truebrownsfan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your way late on this topic it done Horn would never get a first round pick but you can believe what you want...probably 25 people responded to the post and I believe 3 said you could everone else said no way...don't get me wrong he is a great reciever just not good enough to get a first round pick from someone...the original post said top 7 pick...never I actually said you may be able to trade for a very low first round pick but that would be highly unlikely also...I just believe at his age he is more valuable to you guys than to another team.
_SaintsFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we could get a mid-late 2nd for Joe Horn.You guys are crazy, if you think we could get a 1st for Joe Horn, at the age of 33 with knee problems.He probably only has 2-3 years left at a pro-bowl level.Now, If Joe Horn were 25-29, we could get a mid-late first.
John Skurkay

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you get a first round pick for Harrison or Owens?.
truebrownsfan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well John I wasn't ignoring the question I just didn't believe it warranted a response Owens and Harrison are better than Horn so you can't compare...Owens yes he is 31 and a beast physically...if I'm not mistaken though he ws traded for a second round pick...Harrison no he is 33 and a small dude yet still better than Horn......For the record Ihave never not once bashed Horn I've said all along he is a great reciever and a pro-bowl player just not worthy of a first round pick because of age and injury concerns...and if you read all posts on this you'll see it is not just browns fans who agree most saints fans agree also.
John Skurkay

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Sorry my bad"(true browns fan)I lose my cool sometimes.
John Skurkay

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horn had his best season of his career last year regardless of age or injury.There are alot of people on this sight who say stats aren't that important.Pro football is a business and stats are numbers in that business and numbers are one of the first things a business goes by when making there decision. If you were the owner of a team what numbers would you care about the ones on the field or the ones on his drivers liscense.My bet is that 9 out of 10 would go by the numbers on the field"hey"I could be wrong.
truebrownsfan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The field obviously but are you gonna give up a first round pick someone who should start for you for the next 8-10 years for a guy who will only give you production for the next 2 years at tha most?I don't believe many G.M's would.
LSUSAINT

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No taking shots at another poster or calling them out. Keep it on the discussion about Horn.
John Skurkay

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I don't make assumption I only go by whats there for now"Horn had his best season last year hey he could surprise you and be good for another 8-10 years. I don't care if hes 50 if hes able to put up over 1,000 yrds in a season hes a first rounder to me all day long until "he not anybody else proves" other wise."Action speaks louder then words"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: