Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who do you want to go first?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you want Houston to take first overall?
Clowney
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Bortles
47%
 47%  [ 9 ]
Manziel
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Bridgewater
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Mack
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Watkins
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Robinson
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Matthews
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

Author Message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 49891
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Smack wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Watkins at this point. Dont want them to trade up for the hype

Yeah because NFL scouts who do that stuff for a living make decisions based on hype. Silly statement.


Detroit scouts unimpressive. Beyond obvious picks they done little


This seems to be said a lot without any substance. Here's a decent article to explain the tenure of Mayhew vs. Millen:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Whos-been-doing-the-best-job-of-drafting.html

There's more research out there stating same.


Comparing Mayhew against worst GM in nfl history does little for me. It's like saying Chevy Cavalier is better then a Pinto
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 25029
Location: ESPN is the Fox News of sports...
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smack wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Watkins at this point. Dont want them to trade up for the hype

Yeah because NFL scouts who do that stuff for a living make decisions based on hype. Silly statement.
scouts don't make the final decision
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew



R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Smack


Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 1015
Location: Chicken Fat
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Smack wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Watkins at this point. Dont want them to trade up for the hype

Yeah because NFL scouts who do that stuff for a living make decisions based on hype. Silly statement.
scouts don't make the final decision

Then that goes double for NFL front office executives.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DrRay11


Joined: 19 Dec 2011
Posts: 3330
Location: Chicago, IL
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Smack wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Watkins at this point. Dont want them to trade up for the hype

Yeah because NFL scouts who do that stuff for a living make decisions based on hype. Silly statement.


Detroit scouts unimpressive. Beyond obvious picks they done little


This seems to be said a lot without any substance. Here's a decent article to explain the tenure of Mayhew vs. Millen:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Whos-been-doing-the-best-job-of-drafting.html

There's more research out there stating same.


Comparing Mayhew against worst GM in nfl history does little for me. It's like saying Chevy Cavalier is better then a Pinto


Top 10 is unacceptable, then?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Calvin-Stafford


Joined: 29 Dec 2013
Posts: 316
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Smack wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Watkins at this point. Dont want them to trade up for the hype

Yeah because NFL scouts who do that stuff for a living make decisions based on hype. Silly statement.


Detroit scouts unimpressive. Beyond obvious picks they done little

Because Waddle and Fauria were just staring them right in the face. You know your argument's bad when I can pick two un-obvious UDFA contributors and starters, from last offseason alone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 35384
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Gilbert.

Prevent us from even possibly reaching on him.


You obviously have not progressed as you previously stated just a mere three posts ago

Gilbert If and big if reach it is minimal

I merely shared my opinion and stayed far from petty statements, which was what that post was about. So that progression is in full view here.

I am glad I did not feel the need to attack a poster prior to stating my opinion. That would be petty.
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Sllim Pickens


Moderator
Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 19272
Location: Middle of the Mitten
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Smack wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Watkins at this point. Dont want them to trade up for the hype

Yeah because NFL scouts who do that stuff for a living make decisions based on hype. Silly statement.


Detroit scouts unimpressive. Beyond obvious picks they done little


Because Levy, Ansah, Slay, Willie Young, and others were obvious. Good point, because every other team hits on 100% of their picks right?
_________________


Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 49891
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvin-Stafford wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Smack wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Watkins at this point. Dont want them to trade up for the hype

Yeah because NFL scouts who do that stuff for a living make decisions based on hype. Silly statement.


Detroit scouts unimpressive. Beyond obvious picks they done little

Because Waddle and Fauria were just staring them right in the face. You know your argument's bad when I can pick two un-obvious UDFA contributors and starters, from last offseason alone.


Xanders system responsible for this and Mayhew stated that
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 49891
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Smack wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Watkins at this point. Dont want them to trade up for the hype

Yeah because NFL scouts who do that stuff for a living make decisions based on hype. Silly statement.


Detroit scouts unimpressive. Beyond obvious picks they done little


Because Levy, Ansah, Slay, Willie Young, and others were obvious. Good point, because every other team hits on 100% of their picks right?


Teams with worse picks have perennial playoff teams and all pro players
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1King


Moderator
Joined: 11 Mar 2008
Posts: 34304
Location: daboyle250 on the sig.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
d_stanton2lions wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Gilbert.

Prevent us from even possibly reaching on him.


You obviously have not progressed as you previously stated just a mere three posts ago

Gilbert If and big if reach it is minimal


It's all hype though.

I went Robinson, the Qb's will go regardless of what Houston does.


Gilbert play had him high. Combine reinforced it. Watkins not any better then. Jordan Matthews on tape or measurables


You constantly saying these things don't make them true.
_________________


El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.


candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome


TEAM STYLISH
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 35384
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
d_stanton2lions wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Gilbert.

Prevent us from even possibly reaching on him.


You obviously have not progressed as you previously stated just a mere three posts ago

Gilbert If and big if reach it is minimal


It's all hype though.

I went Robinson, the Qb's will go regardless of what Houston does.


Gilbert play had him high. Combine reinforced it. Watkins not any better then. Jordan Matthews on tape or measurables


You constantly saying these things don't make them true.

Well, if you aren't convinced yourself, then the best way to make your self believe it and reinforce that belief is repetition.
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 49891
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
d_stanton2lions wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Gilbert.

Prevent us from even possibly reaching on him.


You obviously have not progressed as you previously stated just a mere three posts ago

Gilbert If and big if reach it is minimal


It's all hype though.

I went Robinson, the Qb's will go regardless of what Houston does.


Gilbert play had him high. Combine reinforced it. Watkins not any better then. Jordan Matthews on tape or measurables


You constantly saying these things don't make them true.


This entire forum opinion. Lulz. If anyone was expert they'd be working for nfl
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1King


Moderator
Joined: 11 Mar 2008
Posts: 34304
Location: daboyle250 on the sig.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
1King wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
d_stanton2lions wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Gilbert.

Prevent us from even possibly reaching on him.


You obviously have not progressed as you previously stated just a mere three posts ago

Gilbert If and big if reach it is minimal


It's all hype though.

I went Robinson, the Qb's will go regardless of what Houston does.


Gilbert play had him high. Combine reinforced it. Watkins not any better then. Jordan Matthews on tape or measurables


You constantly saying these things don't make them true.


This entire forum opinion. Lulz. If anyone was expert they'd be working for nfl


And it should tell you something that you are the only one saying ridiculous things like Sammy Watkins isn't any better than Jordan Matthews.

And calling Watkins "hype", and then saying Gilbert's play had him high when Watkins play was even better.

Not to mention, no one outside this forum shares your opinion either. And the draft, when it happens, wont share your opinion either.

But go ahead and keep trying to convince yourself.
_________________


El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.


candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome


TEAM STYLISH
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 49891
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
1King wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
d_stanton2lions wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Gilbert.

Prevent us from even possibly reaching on him.


You obviously have not progressed as you previously stated just a mere three posts ago

Gilbert If and big if reach it is minimal


It's all hype though.

I went Robinson, the Qb's will go regardless of what Houston does.


Gilbert play had him high. Combine reinforced it. Watkins not any better then. Jordan Matthews on tape or measurables


You constantly saying these things don't make them true.


This entire forum opinion. Lulz. If anyone was expert they'd be working for nfl


And it should tell you something that you are the only one saying ridiculous things like Sammy Watkins isn't any better than Jordan Matthews.

And calling Watkins "hype", and then saying Gilbert's play had him high when Watkins play was even better.

Not to mention, no one outside this forum shares your opinion either. And the draft, when it happens, wont share your opinion either.

But go ahead and keep trying to convince yourself.


There are PLENTY of outside forum sites/analysts who have Gilbert #1 CB
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1King


Moderator
Joined: 11 Mar 2008
Posts: 34304
Location: daboyle250 on the sig.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
1King wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
1King wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
d_stanton2lions wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Gilbert.

Prevent us from even possibly reaching on him.


You obviously have not progressed as you previously stated just a mere three posts ago

Gilbert If and big if reach it is minimal


It's all hype though.

I went Robinson, the Qb's will go regardless of what Houston does.


Gilbert play had him high. Combine reinforced it. Watkins not any better then. Jordan Matthews on tape or measurables


You constantly saying these things don't make them true.


This entire forum opinion. Lulz. If anyone was expert they'd be working for nfl


And it should tell you something that you are the only one saying ridiculous things like Sammy Watkins isn't any better than Jordan Matthews.

And calling Watkins "hype", and then saying Gilbert's play had him high when Watkins play was even better.

Not to mention, no one outside this forum shares your opinion either. And the draft, when it happens, wont share your opinion either.

But go ahead and keep trying to convince yourself.


There are PLENTY of outside forum sites/analysts who have Gilbert #1 CB


I was talking about Watkins and your Watkins/Matthews comments....

Yeah, there are plenty of thoughts/sites that have Gilbert as the #1 CB and plenty that don't.

I wont pretend like I have seen every ranking out there, but the overwhelmingly majority that I have seen all had Watkins as the #1 WR.

So one guy who is unanimously or near unanimously the #1 player at his position is "hype" according to you, but a guy who isn't even a unanimous #1 at his position isn't "hype" when both are talked about as potential top 10 picks.

I'll say it again, go ahead and keep trying to convince yourself.
_________________


El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.


candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome


TEAM STYLISH
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group