Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

MrCincinnati's Mock Draft 6.0 and Bengals Picks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: MrCincinnati's Mock Draft 6.0 and Bengals Picks Reply with quote

1. Kyle Fuller CB Virginia Tech - CB is starting to sound more and more the likely choice for the Bengals in the 1st round. There are options to choose at CB here, and I will go with Fuller over Verrett here.

2. Billy Turner OT North Dakota State - Turner might seem like a reach here. Even though OT isn't a starting need, it will help out in the long run and if injuries happen, then it gives the team more options

3. Travis Swanson C Arkansas - Lets continue to beef up the OL early. If Swanson falls this far, I wouldn't pass on him. He could compete to start day 1 even if he's a 3rd round selection, and again it gives them more options.

4. Aaron Murray QB Georgia - His pro day is coming up next week. Depending on how he does could make him rise to the 3rd or possibly fall off the Bengals interest board.

5. Cassius Marsh DE UCLA - I don't feel DE is worth drafting high and all they need is a rotation player to start out with. Down the road he can compete to start maybe.

6a. Avery Williamson ILB Kentucky - Possible practice squad player, but any LB drafted after the 5th round will have tough competition.

6b. John Brown WR Pittsburgh - Practice squad player here, while Cobi Hamilton gets the call.

7a. Antonio Andrews RB Western Kentucky - Another practice squad player, but its anybody's game at RB.

7b. Spencer Long OG Nebraska - A sure practice squad player, since they need some insurance at OL

And here is my 1st round mock

1. HOU Jadeveon Clowney DE South Carolina
2. STL Greg Robinson OT Auburn
3. JAC Khalil Mack OLB Buffalo
4. CLE Blake Bortles QB UCF
5. OAK Jake Matthews OT Texas A&M
6. ATL Anthony Barr OLB UCLA
7. TB Taylor Lewan OT Michigan
8. MIN Johnny Manziel QB Texas A&M
9. BUF Sammy Watkins WR Clemson
10. DET Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State
11. TEN Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville
12. NYG Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
13. STL Ha Ha Clinton-Dix FS Alabama
14. CHI Aaron Donald DT Pittsburgh
15. PIT Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
16. DAL Calvin Pryor FS Louisville
17. BAL Eric Ebron TE North Carolina
18. NYJ Odell Beckham WR LSU
19. MIA Zack Martin OT Notre Dame
20. ARI Bradley Roby CB Ohio State
21. GB C.J Mosley ILB Alabama
22. PHI Marqise Lee WR USC
23. KC Brandin Cooks WR Oregon State
24. CIN Kyle Fuller CB Virginia Tech
25. SD Timmy Jernigan NT Florida State
26. CLE Kelvin Benjamin WR Florida State
27. NO Kony Ealy DE Missouri
28. CAR Davante Adams WR Fresno State
29. NE Louis Nix NT Notre Dame
30. SF Jason Verrett CB TCU
31. DEN Xavier SuA-Filo OG UCLA
32. SEA David Yankey OG Stanford
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the Bengals will draft a center. They would not have cut Cook if they were not comfortable that Pollack could do the job.

Now, if a center is the BPA they might take one, but they will not reach for one.
wrminning

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of this draft. I like Fuller a lot but Fuller is a Zone man while the Bengals use mostly Man to Man. Fuller could be a good pick if we have a couple of years to work him in, I am afraid the need could be greater sooner we have a aging secondary with Questionable health. I agree we need help on the Oline but with Boling health issues the Immediate need is at OG not OT unless we get someone that can start at LT from day one that bumps Whit to OG. I would prefer Martin over Swanson because he can play at Guard.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
I don't think the Bengals will draft a center. They would not have cut Cook if they were not comfortable that Pollack could do the job.

Now, if a center is the BPA they might take one, but they will not reach for one.

Even if they didn't feel that comfortable with Pollack or Robinson at C, both guys are still upgrades over Cook. Cook was gonna be a cap issue with 3 years left on his contract, and he wasn't getting better.

Swanson is anything but a reach. If anything, the chances of him falling this far would be slim. He could still very well go in the 1st round as far as I'm concern.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrminning wrote:
Not a fan of this draft. I like Fuller a lot but Fuller is a Zone man while the Bengals use mostly Man to Man. Fuller could be a good pick if we have a couple of years to work him in, I am afraid the need could be greater sooner we have a aging secondary with Questionable health. I agree we need help on the Oline but with Boling health issues the Immediate need is at OG not OT unless we get someone that can start at LT from day one that bumps Whit to OG. I would prefer Martin over Swanson because he can play at Guard.

Well the Bengals seem to have a greater interest in Fuller compared to Verrett. Either one would be fine with me, but Fuller has been rising lately.

If Boling gets hurt again, then all you have to do is push Whitworth back at OG and a rookie OT can start at LT. I don't think the team is looking at OG as a future concern right now, so that;s why I can't seem them drafting there early. OT is a future concern, as well as C

Martin is better than Swanson, but Martin won't be there in the 3rd round. Robinson or even Pollack can move back at OG. Robinson did play OG at Notre Dame after all. And don't forget about Tanner Hawkinson either.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
wrminning wrote:

Well the Bengals seem to have a greater interest in Fuller compared to Verrett. Either one would be fine with me, but Fuller has been rising lately.

If Boling gets hurt again, then all you have to do is push Whitworth back at OG and a rookie OT can start at LT. I don't think the team is looking at OG as a future concern right now, so that;s why I can't seem them drafting there early. OT is a future concern, as well as C

Martin is better than Swanson, but Martin won't be there in the 3rd round. Robinson or even Pollack can move back at OG. Robinson did play OG at Notre Dame after all. And don't forget about Tanner Hawkinson either.

Don't sleep on TJ Johnson either.
Hokie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like it. Not crazy about the idea of taking a CB in the 1st other than Gilbert/Dennard, and I really don't like the idea of taking offensive linemen back to back in the 2nd and 3rd. Just one in the first couple of rounds is enough. Turner is a reach in the 2nd round.

I like Marsh in the 5th and Brown in the 6th though.

Given how your draft board fell, I would have went with Ealy. Would have liked Nix or Tuitt as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: