Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD II '14: Eagles War Room
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Well he was terrible in college and the success rate of lowly drafted QBs is very low. pretty easy to give up on him.

I know you hate everything USC but now you're talking out of your rear. He had better statistics then Russell Wilson coming out of college except for rushing. Fact is he was a guaranteed top 15 pick if not 10 (at that time) had he came out a year earlier. Most likely getting drafted after RGIII and before Tannehill. Just becuase he got injured his senior season doesn't negate the player he was leading up to that.
You also seem to forget some of the better QB in the league and numerous SB champs/HOF were low drafted QB. It's not impossible to find winning QB's in later rds. The past few years has proven that.

Russell Wilson 3rd
Tom Brady 6th
Kurt Warner UDFA
Joe Montana 3rd
Bart Starr 17th
Warren Moon UDFA
Roger Staubach 16th

A few problems with this poorly thought out retort.

QB college stats don't matter at all. I don't recall Colt Brennan or Cliff Kingler tearing it up in the league.

Also you can't prove Barkley would have been a high pick a year before. I mean he is still not very big, not a great ahtlete and doesn't have a great arm. Not like he was an impressive qb prospect ever.

I said low probability, not impossible. So posting 7 guys from the past 50 years proves my point more than anything.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
Poloc2289

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the 237th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Joe Don Duncan, TE, DIXIE ST.

It's the 7th round, relax. At this point the Eagles are looking for contributors, not starters. At the TE position, we anticipate being thin after this year. Celek is aging and Casey has been ineffective. We want to develop Duncan (a 5-6 round prospect) and eventually pair him with Zach Ertz to create mismatches in the secondary. Check out this dude just wreck Division II:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3INHkAFZxw

PowerElite wrote:
Please stop responding to my posts. You are a consistently terrible poster and aren't worth my time to thoroughly refute your drivel.
Poloc2289

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts?

PowerElite wrote:
Please stop responding to my posts. You are a consistently terrible poster and aren't worth my time to thoroughly refute your drivel.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone named joe don duncan is cool in my book.

I liked the canadian OT pick as well.

Only pick I really didn't like was calvin pryor don't think his game translates to goodells NFL.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Poloc2289

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:

Only pick I really didn't like was calvin pryor don't think his game translates to goodells NFL.

Fair. And in retrospect I think it might have been better to go Dee Ford there, Deone Bucannon later.

But all in all I think the draft turned out really well. I'd be excited for the Eagles if it went this way

PowerElite wrote:
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poloc2289 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Fair. And in retrospect I think it might have been better to go Dee Ford there, Deone Bucannon later.

But all in all I think the draft turned out really well. I'd be excited for the Eagles if it went this way

I would be really excited if we could somehow trade down. I think our biggest issue is depth.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Poloc2289

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Poloc2289 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

I would be really excited if we could somehow trade down. I think our biggest issue is depth.

Trading down will be the best option.

PowerElite wrote:
Poloc2289

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the final review of our overall haul. I picked up some real nice UDFA's so if you guys get a chance check out the first page and lemme know what you think

titans0021 wrote:
Well I don't want to repeat myself too much in these, since all of the picks I graded are on the front page, but I will at least touch on the first three picks, all of which I obviously liked based on the grades I gave them.

Pryor is the kind of player that perfectly fits what the Eagles need in the back half of that defense. Fills a huge need and also give that Philadelphia defense a guy that's willing to come up and just lay the wood, which may be a bit more risky these days than in years past, but is also something nearly every elite defense has.

While Adams may not have been my top wide receiver on the board when he was picked, he was certainly near the top and for a team that just lost a 1200-yard receiver, his value in the second-half of the second round is very strong as he has the ability to step in and contribute early on while also having a decent amount of room for growth.

The value in the third round for Lawrence was obviously great, the trade up was pretty costly, but in the end he was my best player on the board. Can be an impactful pass rusher from day one.

Honestly not going to pretend to know a ton about Laurent Duvernay-Tardif. Obviously the size and athleticism combination is there, just haven't watched him and can't really talk too much about him. Could say similar things about Duncan, though he's a guy that I could see sticking around. May not be a great athlete, but can catch the ball and has great size and strength.

Overall, really feel like you guys did a good job of attacking need and scoring solid value. Pryor, Adams and Lawrence were all near the top of my board at the time of the pick and have the ability to come in and make an impact right out of training camp. Strongly considered giving you guys an A-, but I'm going to try to be really, really selective with A's as overall grades.

Grade: B+

PowerElite wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: