Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft 4-9-14
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FRO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject: Mock Draft 4-9-14 Reply with quote

Goal:
To win with great defense and a power run attack. Need to improve the offensive line and secondary.

Sign:
- Alex Carrington DT Buffalo- Young talented DT who provides much needed DT depth. Fits Waufle's mold of a defensive lineman.

- Shaun Hill QB Detroit- One of the best backup QBs in the league. Fills a much needed backup QB role.

- Kenny Britt WR Tennessee- One year prove it deal. If he can play to his abilities then we win big.

- Harvey Dahl OG St Louis (dependent on health)- Knows the system, and solid when healthy.

Trade:
Picks 13, 75, and 172 to Minnesota for pick 8.

Draft:
Round 1 Pick 2- Jadeveon Clowney DE South Carolina- While he isn't a need, he is a extremely talented prospect. Has all the tools in the tool box, a generational type talent.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NjzL_LB-eEs

Round 1 Pick 8- Jake Matthews OT Texas A&M- The LT of the future. Super versatile and athletic. Great awareness and technician. Very good upside. Plug and play offensive lineman.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t2dIgt-cGb0

Round 2 Pick 12- Jimmie Ward FS Northern Illinois- Very productive and athletic FS. Can come down and cover the slot. Has a nose for the ball. Great on special teams.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5UWCnNiM8wk

Round 4 Pick 10- EJ Gaines CB Missouri- Productive CB in the SEC. Has the skills and ability to play the slot.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c4bG22gsiT4

Round 5 Pick 13- Brandon Thomas OG Clemson- His injury drops him to day three. Second round talent. Put him on injured reserve and treat 2014 as a redshirt.

Round 6 Pick 38- Brett Smith QB Wyoming- An exciting QB talent. Has good skills to develop.

Round 7 Pick 11- JC Copeland FB LSU- A big bruising FB that will help open holes in the run game.

Round 7 Pick 26- Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma- His injury drops him down here. A guy who can develop into a solid CB.

Round 7 Pick 34- Ryan Carrethers DT Arkansas State- A big DT that can be put into the rotation.

Round 7 Pick 35- James Morris LB Iowa- A linebacker who provides depth and special teams skills.

QB- Sam Bradford
RB- Zac Stacy
FB- Corey Harkey/JC Copeland
TE- Jared Cook
TE- Lance Kendricks
WR- Tavon Austin
WR- Stedman Bailey
WR- Kenny Britt/Chris Givens/Brian Quick
LT- Jake Long
LG- Joe Barksdake/Harvey Dahl/Barrett Jones
C- Scott Wells/Barrett Jones
RG- Rodger Saffold
RT- Jake Matthews

DE- Robert Quinn/Jadeveon Clowney
DE- Chris Long/Jadeveon Clowney
DT- Kendall Langford
DT- Michael Brockers
WLB- Alec Ogletree
MLB- James Laurinaitis
SLB- Jo-Lonn Dunbar/Jadeveon Clowney
CB- Janoris Jenkins
CB- Trumaine Johnson
CB- Rodney McLeod/EJ Gaines/Brandon McGee/Greg Reid
FS- Jimmie Ward
SS- TJ McDonald

K- Greg Zuerline
P- Johnny Heckker

RGIII Trade Returns:
Michael Brockers
Janoris Jenkins
Isaiah Pead
Rok Watkins
Alec Ogletree
Stedman Bailey
Zac Stacy
Jadeveon Clowney
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the first round, coming out of it with two of the best players in the draft, but Im not a fan of Ward at FS as Ive mentioned before.

Id love taking Clowney, I just think we'll trade down.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
I like the first round, coming out of it with two of the best players in the draft, but Im not a fan of Ward at FS as Ive mentioned before.

Wait, what? I've never seen you mention you didn't like Ward, just that you liked Dix better. What do you not like about Ward?

BTW, I'd be quite happy with the draft result. Though, it becomes increasingly unlikely Ward is there for us in the 2nd.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

Wait, what? I've never seen you mention you didn't like Ward, just that you liked Dix better. What do you not like about Ward?

BTW, I'd be quite happy with the draft result. Though, it becomes increasingly unlikely Ward is there for us in the 2nd.

No I dont dislike Ward, I like him a lot in the slot as I would Joyner, just not a fan of either at FS.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

No I dont dislike Ward, I like him a lot in the slot as I would Joyner, just not a fan of either at FS.

Ok, I'd like to know why you don't like Ward at FS. To me, he seems to have the most range and impact at the safety position of all the safeties in the draft. Perhaps I am missing something though
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, he only has so much film playing the back end, and when he did he didnt flash any type of substantial range that would prove to be a big upgrade.

Most of his play time consisted of playing in the box and in the slot, either playing man (very effectively) and as a blitzer (also very effectively).

Clinton-Dix, Terrence Brooks, and Calvin Pryor have the most experience playing deep. Also let it be noted that those are also how I have them ranked as FS options. Im not saying Ward or Joyner cant do it, but I think their strengths would be utilized in the slot.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Honestly, he only has so much film playing the back end, and when he did he didnt flash any type of substantial range that would prove to be a big upgrade.

Most of his play time consisted of playing in the box and in the slot, either playing man (very effectively) and as a blitzer (also very effectively).

Clinton-Dix, Terrence Brooks, and Calvin Pryor have the most experience playing deep. Also let it be noted that those are also how I have them ranked as FS options. Im not saying Ward or Joyner cant do it, but I think their strengths would be utilized in the slot.

Hmm, I really dislike Pryor at FS. He is a in the box SS all day, and one who is too aggressive and misses tons of tackles. I would not feel comfortable at all if Pryor was playing the deep safety for us. As for Dix and Brooks, I like them both at FS, just don't think they have as much ability as Ward, but Dix is pretty much up there as well for me.

Would be fun to have Dix and Pead on the same team =P
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree to some extent about Pryor, not a huge fan, but I think he has the potential to be a big time safety one day. But again, id MUCH rather have Clinton-Dix. If we are taking a safety in the 2nd Id much rather have Brooks.

And I disagree that Ward has the same ability that Clinton-Dix does. Dix is technically sound with exceptional closing speed and loose hips. I have already had this disagreement and "battle" with jrry comparing HaHa/Joyner/Ward.

Ward has loose hips and excellent instincts, but doesnt have the same closing speed or range IMO.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
FRO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

While that may be true with Ward in the second, I also like Terrance Brooks and he would be the guy I picked if Ward were gone.
Thad's Castle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different from my ideal mock, but solid all the way around. Even if I wanted to nit-pick, I'd have to try at it.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we could find a way to get both Clowney and Matthews (without giving up to much) that would make the draft right there for me. However, I don't see Matthews lasting until the 8th pick, just my opinion though...

Ward, Gaines and Thomas are all excellent picks in their respective rounds, no complaints...

Only thing I'd nit-pick on is the 7th rounders. I'd like to take some fliers here with talent. This is where I look for guys with injury (like Colvin) and checkered pasts that drop them...

IDOG_det on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
jw33d

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Mock Draft 4-9-14 Reply with quote

FRO wrote:
Goal:
To win with great defense and a power run attack. Need to improve the offensive line and secondary.

Sign:
- Alex Carrington DT Buffalo- Young talented DT who provides much needed DT depth. Fits Waufle's mold of a defensive lineman.

- Shaun Hill QB Detroit- One of the best backup QBs in the league. Fills a much needed backup QB role.

- Kenny Britt WR Tennessee- One year prove it deal. If he can play to his abilities then we win big.

- Harvey Dahl OG St Louis (dependent on health)- Knows the system, and solid when healthy.

Trade:
Picks 13, 75, and 172 to Minnesota for pick 8.

Draft:
Round 1 Pick 2- Jadeveon Clowney DE South Carolina- While he isn't a need, he is a extremely talented prospect. Has all the tools in the tool box, a generational type talent.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NjzL_LB-eEs

Round 1 Pick 8- Jake Matthews OT Texas A&M- The LT of the future. Super versatile and athletic. Great awareness and technician. Very good upside. Plug and play offensive lineman.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t2dIgt-cGb0

Round 2 Pick 12- Jimmie Ward FS Northern Illinois- Very productive and athletic FS. Can come down and cover the slot. Has a nose for the ball. Great on special teams.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5UWCnNiM8wk

Round 4 Pick 10- EJ Gaines CB Missouri- Productive CB in the SEC. Has the skills and ability to play the slot.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c4bG22gsiT4

Round 5 Pick 13- Brandon Thomas OG Clemson- His injury drops him to day three. Second round talent. Put him on injured reserve and treat 2014 as a redshirt.

Round 6 Pick 38- Brett Smith QB Wyoming- An exciting QB talent. Has good skills to develop.

Round 7 Pick 11- JC Copeland FB LSU- A big bruising FB that will help open holes in the run game.

Round 7 Pick 26- Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma- His injury drops him down here. A guy who can develop into a solid CB.

Round 7 Pick 34- Ryan Carrethers DT Arkansas State- A big DT that can be put into the rotation.

Round 7 Pick 35- James Morris LB Iowa- A linebacker who provides depth and special teams skills.

QB- Sam Bradford
RB- Zac Stacy
FB- Corey Harkey/JC Copeland
TE- Jared Cook
TE- Lance Kendricks
WR- Tavon Austin
WR- Stedman Bailey
WR- Kenny Britt/Chris Givens/Brian Quick
LT- Jake Long
LG- Joe Barksdake/Harvey Dahl/Barrett Jones
C- Scott Wells/Barrett Jones
RG- Rodger Saffold
RT- Jake Matthews

DE- Robert Quinn/Jadeveon Clowney
DE- Chris Long/Jadeveon Clowney
DT- Kendall Langford
DT- Michael Brockers
WLB- Alec Ogletree
MLB- James Laurinaitis
SLB- Jo-Lonn Dunbar/Jadeveon Clowney
CB- Janoris Jenkins
CB- Trumaine Johnson
CB- Rodney McLeod/EJ Gaines/Brandon McGee/Greg Reid
FS- Jimmie Ward
SS- TJ McDonald

K- Greg Zuerline
P- Johnny Heckker

RGIII Trade Returns:
Michael Brockers
Janoris Jenkins
Isaiah Pead
Rok Watkins
Alec Ogletree
Stedman Bailey
Zac Stacy
Jadeveon Clowney

If you are trading up why wouldnt you go Watkins Robinson?

NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They both might already be gone by #8 in that scenario at #8 and at #2 he wants Clowney.
FRO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Matthews more than Robinson, and while I like Watkins I feel Matthews would have more of an impact than Watkins.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks a lot like our FFMD draft. We get Clowney, Matthews, and Brooks. Very Happy

I couldn't agree more that we should double dip at OL and defensive secondary. I wouldn't mind seeing 3 defensive backs taken. Hell, maybe even 4.

Behind our Tru and Jenkins, we have McGee, who didn't look the part last year. We need depth, and talented depth at that. I'm still hoping that we bring in a veteran CB after June 1st cuts also.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: