Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Mock

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Bowler1215


Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Posts: 5479
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: New Mock Reply with quote

Bears trade pick 14(1100) to Jets for picks 18(900) 80(190) and 195(13.4)


18 CB Kyle Fuller
51 DT Anthony Johnson
80 Safety Ed Reynolds
82 OLB Jordan Tripp
117 TE Arthur Lynch
156 QB Stephen Morris
183 RB James Sims
191 DT Calvin Barnett
195 Safety Hakeem Smith
_________________
Adopt a Bear:
DT Ego Ferguson
OT Jordan Mills
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bearsfan323


Joined: 02 Apr 2014
Posts: 541
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed Reynolds sucks.

Otherwise, I wouldn't be upset if this happened. I like Fuller, Johnson and Tripp.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 11055
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
Ed Reynolds sucks.

Otherwise, I wouldn't be upset if this happened. I like Fuller, Johnson and Tripp.

Can you qualify why you think he sucks?
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G08


Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 1082
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
Ed Reynolds sucks.

Otherwise, I wouldn't be upset if this happened. I like Fuller, Johnson and Tripp.


I wouldn't say he sucks at all. Not the most athletic dude but he's a heady safety. I'll take a 4.58 safety with high FBI over a 4.3 moron (see: Manning, Danieal).
_________________

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.

Halfway point and you are correct.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5669
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be really disappointed with this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 8027
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: New Mock Reply with quote

Bowler1215 wrote:
Bears trade pick 14(1100) to Jets for picks 18(900) 80(190) and 195(13.4)


18 CB Kyle Fuller seems to be high
51 DT Anthony Johnson I like this
80 Safety Ed Reynolds don't think he will drop to the third
82 OLB Jordan Tripp Interesting pick
117 TE Arthur Lynch not too in favor of picking a TE here
156 QB Stephen Morris Don't want to draft Morris
183 RB James Sims projected 3d rd so this might be a bargain but I like Ford still.
191 DT Calvin Barnett Barnett, Carrethers, Stephen would all be good picks here
195 Safety Hakeem Smith Smith would have to bulk up to last as a pro safety but would be a good pick here.
I like the trade up more than the likely picks we would face at 14th.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bearsfan323


Joined: 02 Apr 2014
Posts: 541
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
Ed Reynolds sucks.

Otherwise, I wouldn't be upset if this happened. I like Fuller, Johnson and Tripp.

Can you qualify why you think he sucks?

He misses tackles, isn't great against the run, had a good 2012 but a rough 2013, and busts some coverages. Nothing stands out when you watch him play. To me, he's Chris Conte 2.0 and a Chris Conte clone does not help the Bears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 11055
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: New Mock Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Bowler1215 wrote:
Bears trade pick 14(1100) to Jets for picks 18(900) 80(190) and 195(13.4)


18 CB Kyle Fuller seems to be high
51 DT Anthony Johnson I like this
80 Safety Ed Reynolds don't think he will drop to the third
82 OLB Jordan Tripp Interesting pick
117 TE Arthur Lynch not too in favor of picking a TE here
156 QB Stephen Morris Don't want to draft Morris
183 RB James Sims projected 3d rd so this might be a bargain but I like Ford still.
191 DT Calvin Barnett Barnett, Carrethers, Stephen would all be good picks here
195 Safety Hakeem Smith Smith would have to bulk up to last as a pro safety but would be a good pick here.
I like the trade up more than the likely picks we would face at 14th.

I'm a big fan if we can get that trade, but not a huge fan of the guys he has us taking. Fine with Fuller and Johnson. I don't mind Reynolds but don't like the value at 80 personally. I'm cool with a TE where he projects one. I think we need a MLB more than an OLB and I think Stephen Morris is pretty ungood.
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bearsfan323


Joined: 02 Apr 2014
Posts: 541
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: New Mock Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Bowler1215 wrote:
Bears trade pick 14(1100) to Jets for picks 18(900) 80(190) and 195(13.4)


18 CB Kyle Fuller seems to be high
51 DT Anthony Johnson I like this
80 Safety Ed Reynolds don't think he will drop to the third
82 OLB Jordan Tripp Interesting pick
117 TE Arthur Lynch not too in favor of picking a TE here
156 QB Stephen Morris Don't want to draft Morris
183 RB James Sims projected 3d rd so this might be a bargain but I like Ford still.
191 DT Calvin Barnett Barnett, Carrethers, Stephen would all be good picks here
195 Safety Hakeem Smith Smith would have to bulk up to last as a pro safety but would be a good pick here.
I like the trade up more than the likely picks we would face at 14th.

I'm a big fan if we can get that trade, but not a huge fan of the guys he has us taking. Fine with Fuller and Johnson. I don't mind Reynolds but don't like the value at 80 personally. I'm cool with a TE where he projects one. I think we need a MLB more than an OLB and I think Stephen Morris is pretty ungood.

Tripp could probably play ILB if he added 10 pounds. He has a lot of Kiko Alonso in his game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22975
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: New Mock Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Bowler1215 wrote:
Bears trade pick 14(1100) to Jets for picks 18(900) 80(190) and 195(13.4)


18 CB Kyle Fuller seems to be high
51 DT Anthony Johnson I like this
80 Safety Ed Reynolds don't think he will drop to the third
82 OLB Jordan Tripp Interesting pick
117 TE Arthur Lynch not too in favor of picking a TE here
156 QB Stephen Morris Don't want to draft Morris
183 RB James Sims projected 3d rd so this might be a bargain but I like Ford still.
191 DT Calvin Barnett Barnett, Carrethers, Stephen would all be good picks here
195 Safety Hakeem Smith Smith would have to bulk up to last as a pro safety but would be a good pick here.
I like the trade up more than the likely picks we would face at 14th.

I'm a big fan if we can get that trade, but not a huge fan of the guys he has us taking. Fine with Fuller and Johnson. I don't mind Reynolds but don't like the value at 80 personally. I'm cool with a TE where he projects one. I think we need a MLB more than an OLB and I think Stephen Morris is pretty ungood.

Tripp could probably play ILB if he added 10 pounds. He has a lot of Kiko Alonso in his game.


I agree Tripp could play inside without too much trouble as long as he decent DTs in front of him to allow him to run free…I have us picking him up in the 4th-5th right now but he could go higher based on his athletic ability and the lack of talent at the LB positions in this year’s draft…wouldn’t take him as high as the 3rd tho.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group