Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 draft discussion thread 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
I am extremely excited to see what ASJ can do on the field. The Bucs in their history haven't had a lot of TEs who could be both an in-line blocker along with attacking the seams and splitting out wide. Ricky Dudley showed flashes of it as well as the despicable Jeremy Stevens. It's been a long time since Jimmie Giles. Shocked

ASJ can open up so many things on offense, I hope he is as good as advertised.

Forgetting Kellen Winslow?

I agree with indifference. Lets see what Glennon can do with these weapons and if its nothing good, throw in McCown and focus on finding the next guy. But I'm surprised to see teams inquired about him.

K2 was no blocker.

And Glennon showed potential. He made few mistakes (Ignoring the missed throws. He was a rookie.). He's got a very strong arm. He's fairly mobile, at least in the sense he can maneuver around the pocket. He made good decisions. Those all seem to point to a QB with a future in the NFL. I'd assume that's why teams made attempts to acquire Glennon. He's got plenty of negatives, but for the sake of the trade talks, they're irrelevant. Other teams also valued him.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
I am extremely excited to see what ASJ can do on the field. The Bucs in their history haven't had a lot of TEs who could be both an in-line blocker along with attacking the seams and splitting out wide. Ricky Dudley showed flashes of it as well as the despicable Jeremy Stevens. It's been a long time since Jimmie Giles. Shocked

I agree with indifference. Lets see what Glennon can do with these weapons and if its nothing good, throw in McCown and focus on finding the next guy. But I'm surprised to see teams inquired about him.

K2 was no blocker.

And Glennon showed potential. He made few mistakes (Ignoring the missed throws. He was a rookie.). He's got a very strong arm. He's fairly mobile, at least in the sense he can maneuver around the pocket. He made good decisions. Those all seem to point to a QB with a future in the NFL. I'd assume that's why teams made attempts to acquire Glennon. He's got plenty of negatives, but for the sake of the trade talks, they're irrelevant. Other teams also valued him.

Totally agree, He makes Tim Wright look like a wrecking ball when he lines up next to a tackle. ASJ has the size and strength to be a very good in-line blocker with ability in the passing game, a very rare combination for this organization.
indifference

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

K2 was no blocker.

Totally agree, He makes Tim Wright look like a wrecking ball when he lines up next to a tackle. ASJ has the size and strength to be a very good in-line blocker with ability in the passing game, a very rare combination for this organization.
ASJ is a beast. There were talks about him being a top 15 pick before his senior year. Didn't quite exactly have the year many expected but his talent is unquestionable. He is a plus blocker and we all know about his receiving abilities. His run blocking will be a true asset to the offense though because we'll need to be able to seal lanes for outside runs. ASJ can hold up 1v1 with DE's, I've seen it. Not too many real weaknesses in is game besides the fact he doesn't run a 4.44. We got a Jimmy Graham type TE and I'm sure Tedford will use him effectively.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vincent Jackson
Mike Evans
Austin Seferian-Jenkins
Tim Wright
Robert Herron
Doug Martin
Charles Sims

Shocked

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Vincent Jackson
Mike Evans
Austin Seferian-Jenkins
Tim Wright
Robert Herron
Doug Martin
Charles Sims

Shocked

Mike James
Bobby Rainey
Chris Owusu
Jeff Demps

No excuses for whichever QB we roll with.
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Vincent Jackson
Mike Evans
Austin Seferian-Jenkins
Tim Wright
Robert Herron
Doug Martin
Charles Sims

Shocked

With our defense
Clayborn/Gholuston-McCoy-McDonald-Johnson

Casillas-Foster-David

Verner-Barron-Goldson/Wright-Banks

Our Team can do great things in 2014

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 8 Catches 91 Yards
Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
Falcons set this game to Rookie and the Bucs are being controlled by Hellen Keller.
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
Vincent Jackson
Mike Evans
Austin Seferian-Jenkins
Tim Wright
Robert Herron
Doug Martin
Charles Sims

Shocked

Mike James Keep
Bobby Rainey Gone
Chris Owusu Keep
Jeff Demps Keep

No excuses for whichever QB we roll with.

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
Falcons set this game to Rookie and the Bucs are being controlled by Hellen Keller.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggest question is the interior of the offensive line.
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:

As of Right now
LT: Anthony Collins
LG: Carl Nicks
Center: Evan Dietrich-Smith
RG:*Jamon Meredith or Kadeem Edwards
RT: Demar Dotson
I really Nicks will be healthy and will start on week 1 if not We Put Edwards at LG and leave Meredith at RG

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

As of Right now
I really Nicks will be healthy and will start on week 1 if not We Put Edwards at LG and leave Meredith at RG

The guards. There are questions there. Hopefully Nicks can come back to be the guy. He's the best interior lineman in the league. But that's irrelevant if he's constantly on the injury report.

As for Meredith/Edwards, I'm not as worried. I think we can make it work.

But interior pressure can and will destroy any offense. Everything hangs on Nicks, in my opinion. It seems the FO is comfortable with that. I just hope they're right.
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

As of Right now

The guards. There are questions there. Hopefully Nicks can come back to be the guy. He's the best interior lineman in the league. But that's irrelevant if he's constantly on the injury report.

As for Meredith/Edwards, I'm not as worried. I think we can make it work.

But interior pressure can and will destroy any offense. Everything hangs on Nicks, in my opinion. It seems the FO is comfortable with that. I just hope they're right.

Also the guy we traded up for can play G but he needs some coaching. But if nicks is healthy (Pray) this offense could surprise some people

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bucs' 2014 draft is just third since AFL-NFL merger that team with 4-plus picks has used them all on offense, with '97 Chiefs, '85 Browns.

Shocked Laughing I didn't realize it was that uncommon.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pondering. Yeah 6 teams came in and called the bucs for glennon. But there's no leaks of what the offer was. All we know other teams valued him in the 4-6tj round range.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a scouting report of Kadeem Edwards. He sounds like the type of offensive lineman you draft in the fifth round that becomes a solid starter for 10+ years. Or at least we can hope.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Here's a scouting report of Kadeem Edwards. He sounds like the type of offensive lineman you draft in the fifth round that becomes a solid starter for 10+ years. Or at least we can hope.

Well I hope he's better than Zuttah otherwise I don't understand trading Zuttah

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 99 of 100

Jump to: