Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Double D

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IndyColt#88

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Double D Reply with quote

ok, lets talk about increasing the chances even more that a quality RB would fall to the Colts in the first round. What do you guys think the chances are of the Houston Texans trading Domanick Davis to one of the needy teams that draft before the colts? (maybe a second rounder?)

Also, whats your guys input on the Vikings signing of Chester Taylor from Baltimore?

Finally what if the colts were the ones who traded for Double D?(Domanick Davis) and what would be traded?(Mike Doss perhaps? A second or third rounder?)
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we couldn't get a second rounder for Edge and Seattle couldn't get one for Alexander last year then there is no chance Houston gets one for DD.

I don't know that Tennessee will be interested in a safety, after all they signed Chris Hope formerly of Pittsburgh and have Lamont Thompson.

Chester Taylor, as I've heard; could be a Brian Westbrook in that Brad Childress offense, and now that they added Tony Richardson at FB their running game will be much better and maybe healthy too

the teams that I said would possibly take a RB (not including Houston of course)
Jets - with Curtis Martin and Derrick Blaylock they won't trade for a RB, still might draft one later

Packers - resigned both Ahman Green and Najeh Davenport so no RB until much later, won't trade

Denver - probably won't trade, drafting a RB in round 1

New England - won't trade unless it's a lower round pick but still might take RB early

San Francisco - as I said unless it's Bush they won't deal

Carolina - With Foster's injury history this might not be a bad place for him to go

all in all I do believe that 1 of the four will fall, and Maroney will more then likely be the one but I just haven't been the biggest fan of first round RB's
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
IndyColt#88

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:

all in all I do believe that 1 of the four will fall, and Maroney will more then likely be the one but I just haven't been the biggest fan of first round RB's

Yea, iv'e seen some of your posts on mock drafts and such and im aware that you would be happier with a good LB or maybe even trading down. Thats where my last question comes in...Lets say the Colts trade a 3rd rounder to get a good aggressive accomplished back in Domanick Davis to replace edge. Then they have every capability of trading down, still getting their good OLB in the second round and replaceing the third rounder they lost to get DD with another 3rd or 4th round pick. Make sense?

to me it could work out if the Texans decide to stick with the #1 pick which, because of the saints pick up of Brees, is much more likely. Reggie Bush is breathing down DD back and you can't expect a starting RB to take an eventual benching (if not right away) lightly. Why would the Texans, even as an insurance policy, want to keep a disgruntled starter on the roster when they can get a valuable pick and even pick up a cheap solid vet back-up in free agency?
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's because they can have both Davis and Bush on the field in one form or another. Bush could line up at receiver, they could have both deep backs (play action could be killer)
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
IndyColt#88

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
I think it's because they can have both Davis and Bush on the field in one form or another. Bush could line up at receiver, they could have both deep backs (play action could be killer)

True, but you know there will be a huge inside battle for playing time. You can't just say, hey #1 pick and possibly best overall player in this past decade taken in the draft (talent wise), take a seat would ya'! or hey Starter for the past couple of seasons that has been our workhorse and grown into a solid starter, take a seat, lose some time would ya'! you know that one or the other is gonna want time and if reggie bush gets the time and touches DD is gonna have a problem...i guess you never know til it happens, but you gotta leave the possibility open that they would shop him around a bit.

Also sorry to go off topic, but please read my last post on the introduction, i dont know what the problem is with the PM....
IndyColt#88

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:

Denver - probably won't trade, drafting a RB in round 1

New England - won't trade unless it's a lower round pick but still might take RB early

San Francisco - as I said unless it's Bush they won't deal

About Denver, i think even with two picks in the first round, they trust in Bell and Dayne enough to roll with them and will probably draft a RB in rounds 2 or three as they have always found good players there and they have other holes to fill.....LB and TE. (Putzier and Pryce)

New England is losing SO MANY players...All they have been able to resign is the old aging Troy Brown...Theyve lost Vinatieri, Ashworth, Starks, Mcginnest, Dwight, Patten...etc. the Likelihood of NE taking a position where they at least have somone to play it is slim. They have probaby clsoe to the most holes to fill in the NFL.

With one high pick, and Alex smith needing weapons, there is no way they are gonna take a position that they have some security in... They have Kevan Barlow and an up and comer in Frank Gore, who played great at the end of the season a year ago. Im going to asume they take a TE here perhaps a solid Defensive player, not a RB.

so you can go ahead and at least wipe these 3 off the board for a RB. I do agree however that the Panthers NEED a RB insurance policy so i would expect DeAngelo Williams to go to them, if he falls far enough, if not they will pick white.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: