Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

detroit mock city

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
d-town11

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: detroit mock city Reply with quote

havent done many mocks this year, still reading the boards alot but i dont chime in often anymore but here it goes

1st rnd - Khalil Mack LB - could be an impact player right away. Great pass rusher and good against run. Not sure how well he would do in coverage, likely will have to work on that to be a 4-3 LB.

2nd - Jimmie Ward S - got to see him play a few times and was always impressed. He is undersized but still is very good in run support and a sound tackler. His best attribute is he can matchup with slot wr's in man coverage. If it wasnt for his size he would go first round.

3rd rnd - Stanley Jean-Baptists - CB - loading up on defense in the first few rounds. I think he could be a solid cb this late in the draft. Got to love the 6-3 size and man coverage ability. showed well at the senior bowl too.

4th Marcus Martin- C - a big center who could be an asset to the inside run game. wouldnt have to start right away. can also play some guard if need be.

4th Martavius Bryant - WR - Has the size and speed you want in a wr. Could be a steal if he puts it all together. Has had problems with drops at times.

4th Jackson Jeffcoat - DE - would be undersized as a de in the nfl but he still could be an exceptional situational pass rusher. Has good moves and plenty of speed coming off the edge.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be great, unfortunately it's highly unlikely. Martin is pretty much everyone's top center and yeah someone slips every year but it surely won't be Mack.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty optimistic slots for pretty much every player. Can't argue against it though. Don't like Jeffcoat that much though.

R.I.P. Stylish
amaru0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that it's very optimistic. Mack will probably not be there at 10, and Bryant could be gone before the late fourth. I think that's too high for Martin, also, especially since he's not much for pass blocking. And to clarify for bigc421, ZACK Martin is the top interior lineman in the draft, MARCUS Martin is ranked in the 5-8 range for centers.
bigc421

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amaru0 wrote:
I agree that it's very optimistic. Mack will probably not be there at 10, and Bryant could be gone before the late fourth. I think that's too high for Martin, also, especially since he's not much for pass blocking. And to clarify for bigc421, ZACK Martin is the top interior lineman in the draft, MARCUS Martin is ranked in the 5-8 range for centers.

Actually Zach is the 4th/5th ranked tackle that can slide inside as well. Mike Mayock, Todd McShay and Mel Kiper all have Marcus Martin as there highest rated Center.
amaru0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigc421 wrote:
amaru0 wrote:

Actually Zach is the 4th/5th ranked tackle that can slide inside as well. Mike Mayock, Todd McShay and Mel Kiper all have Marcus Martin as there highest rated Center.

I stand corrected. This is what I get for looking at the closest draft magazine without double checking. I should've known it was a shady mag when the mock had us getting Watkins at 10, Gilbert going at 26, and Clinton-Dix in the 2nd round....
bigc421

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amaru0 wrote:
bigc421 wrote:
amaru0 wrote:

I stand corrected. This is what I get for looking at the closest draft magazine without double checking. I should've known it was a shady mag when the mock had us getting Watkins at 10, Gilbert going at 26, and Clinton-Dix in the 2nd round....

All good. Yeah mags are usually outdated by the time they hit stands. Thanks to this internet thing there all but obsolete. Gilbert going 26 mite just be spot on however.
d-town11

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally i like the boy from Wisconsin at center over Martin but that's just my opinion. Can't think of his name right now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: