You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Welcome to the Broncos, Cody Latimer!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncs4life

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Welcome to the Broncos, Cody Latimer! Reply with quote

Reaaalllyyyy happy!! He will replace Decker and will be our #2 for a least 4 years!

Thanks to CalhounLambeau for the incredible sig!!
Von Miller 2011 DROY and SB50 MVP!!!!!
IT'S MILLER TIME!!
GO BRONCOS!
germ-x

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As i said in the draft thread, i know nothing about Latimer. In the past couple weeks i've noticed he has significantly risen up boards and many had him as a potential late 1st round pick.

I was fully on board with taking a WR, but, again have never watched Latimer, so i'll have to do some looking before i can say my exact feelings on the pick.

From what i have read/heard it seems he has exceptional hands, but question marks about his ability to separate. I find this a bit odd considering he had a terrific pro day at 6'2" 215 pounds. 4.4 speed and a 39 inch vertical on a reported hurt foot that caused him to have a limited pro day, those numbers indicate a guy that should be able to separate at the next level. It must not show up on tape though.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just after a quick read about Latimer, it looks like he is a tremendous blocking WR. You know Elway loves that with the WRs he had, i.e. Rod Smith and Ed McCaffrey who were both great blocking WRs.
ThePrimeTime12

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember hearing his name and he was touted as one of the better WR prospects. I don't think a WR was a need but my guess is we picked him based off of BPA. I know we traded for him for a pick but we probably were willing to make that trade for him.

I'm concerned with the OL and the MLB though. Does Denver believe that Irving can get the job there? And the OL, are we going to be able to run with Clark at RT? Do we plan on bringing others in?

^^ Joe_is_the_best on the sig
broncos67

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePrimeTime12 wrote:
I remember hearing his name and he was touted as one of the better WR prospects. I don't think a WR was a need but my guess is we picked him based off of BPA. I know we traded for him for a pick but we probably were willing to make that trade for him.

I'm concerned with the OL and the MLB though. Does Denver believe that Irving can get the job there? And the OL, are we going to be able to run with Clark at RT? Do we plan on bringing others in?

WR is absolutely a need. We have a guy at slot who had two concussions last year. If Sanders moves inside, we have Latimer.

We made the SB with Paris Lenon at MLB. I'm not worried.

We made the SB with Chris Clark at LT. I'm not worried.

Thanks, Tzimisce
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePrimeTime12 wrote:
I don't think a WR was a need but my guess is we picked him based off of BPA.

You even realized this was an odd statement, and the more I read it, it still is a weird statement...BPA would have meant that the Broncos would have just stayed where they were at. I assume Elway must have really liked Latimer and traded up for him.
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it.

Elite hands, elite measurables, excellent blocker, elite catch radius. He needs to work on his get-off but tremendous tools.

Should be a great #2 possession WR. So similar to Decker but with far better hands.
ThePrimeTime12

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
ThePrimeTime12 wrote:

WR is absolutely a need. We have a guy at slot who had two concussions last year. If Sanders moves inside, we have Latimer.

Why would you bring up concussions and act like that is a problem? Players cannot control concussions. Denver already had 4 WR options in Julius, Demaryius, Sanders, and Welker. I guess the nice about Latimer is his physicality and size but we had more addresses to fill in positions before WR. OL and MLB being the first two.

We made the SB with those two but did we win it? No, so why am I suppose to care?

Last edited by ThePrimeTime12 on Fri May 09, 2014 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
thebestever6

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/819/681/hi-res-e05669893ec5d53fbc50dee7ef6bb7cc_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
broncos67

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePrimeTime12 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
ThePrimeTime12 wrote:

Why would you bring up concussions and act like that is a problem? Players cannot control concussions. Denver already had 4 WR options in Julius, Demaryius, Sanders, and Welker. I guess the nice about Latimer is his physicality and size but we had more addresses to fill in positions before WR. OL and MLB being the first two.

We made the SB with those two but did we win it? No, so why am I suppose to care?

Lol so because they can't control concussions it's not a problem? Welker has been prone to concussions his whole career. That's an issue. Sanders has had foot issues in his career. WR talent is needed.

Paris Lenon and Chris Clark aren't why we lost the SB. It's crazy to even assume so. We're gaining Clady and moving Clark to RT after he played fine at LT. I see no reason we should be worried about it.

Thanks, Tzimisce
ThePrimeTime12

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:

Lol so because they can't control concussions it's not a problem? Welker has been prone to concussions his whole career. That's an issue. Sanders has had foot issues in his career. WR talent is needed.

Really? So how many concussions has he had outside of two last season? If Sanders had foot issues, what was the point of signing him?

Quote:
Paris Lenon and Chris Clark aren't why we lost the SB. It's crazy to even assume so. We're gaining Clady and moving Clark to RT after he played fine at LT. I see no reason we should be worried about it.

Yeah, it is not like our defense couldn't stop the Seahawks on 3rd down and it is not like Peyton Manning had like less than 3 seconds to throw every time. You know nothing, not that I am shocked.

WR is not a need but everyone here is obsessed with offense and don't care about defense. I don't have an issue just because Latimer is a beast but we still have needs to fulfill and WR was not one of them.

paul-mac

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't care about defense yet we signed three starters in free agency and then used our #1 draft choice on a guy who will contribute on the majority of snaps even if he doesn't start.

WR was a need and Latimer was the BPA by a long way so it's a great move by Elway.

I look for us to go either LB or OL in the third but let's not get too bogged down. Truth is Denver could use a player at almost every position in some capacity.

Fify.
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We took a WR because the depth of the position was UNREAL this season. A good GM doesnt make shortsighted decisions. Latimer would have been a 1st rounder in nearly any other draft.

DT is a upcoming FA. Sanders is only above average. Welker likely is on his last year in Denver. Both DT and Welker have injury issues.

Talent is talent and you dont overlook superior talent for need. Especially when a starting MIKE can be found way later (Avery Williamson, Max Bullough, etc.)

We moved Franklin to OG because we wanted to keep Chris Clark on the field. Simple as that. We had no intention of drafting an early OL the second that decision was made. We draft a OL for depth later.

We dont value MIKE, and after CJ the talent free-fell. The FO obviously thinks that a late round guy can step in. Its been made very, very clear that the FO really doesnt value a MIKE that cant play all 3 downs. Only CJ could do that, and a 2 down guy can be found in the 6th.

Its no suprise at all that we went WR.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
We took a WR because the depth of the position was UNREAL this season. A good GM doesnt make shortsighted decisions. Latimer would have been a 1st rounder in nearly any other draft.

DT is a upcoming FA. Sanders is only above average. Welker likely is on his last year in Denver. Both DT and Welker have injury issues.

Talent is talent and you dont overlook superior talent for need. Especially when a starting MIKE can be found way later (Avery Williamson, Max Bullough, etc.)

We moved Franklin to OG because we wanted to keep Chris Clark on the field. Simple as that. We had no intention of drafting an early OL the second that decision was made. We draft a OL for depth later.

We dont value MIKE, and after CJ the talent free-fell. The FO obviously thinks that a late round guy can step in. Its been made very, very clear that the FO really doesnt value a MIKE that cant play all 3 downs. Only CJ could do that, and a 2 down guy can be found in the 6th.

Its no suprise at all that we went WR.

Good analysis. I hope the Broncos retain DT and JT, and if Latimer can be an above average #2, then when Os takes over, he has a nice stable of receivers he has already worked with in practice to make his transition a whole lot easier.
thebestever6

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me he has extreme potential to be better than Decker was. He has better hands, is faster, has a better catch window, doesn't get tripped up by the field, and is more physical. Decker is a better route runner coming out that's it. I like the pick I love the value.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: