Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Can this team beat the Seahawks now?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThePrimeTime12

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Can this team beat the Seahawks now? Reply with quote

The Seahawks gave us the biggest beatdown in the Manning era and the biggest beatdown in Superbowl histories.

With the off-season moves that the Broncos have made SO FAR with the addition and releases of players and with the off-season moves that the Seahawks have made so far with their additions and subtractions, do you think team would be able to beat Seattle if there was a Superbowl re-match next year at Glendale, AZ?

^^ Joe_is_the_best on the sig
germ-x

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, i think Denver could have beaten Seattle last season. The Seahawks showed up to play and Denver didn't.

With that, Denver has focused nearly all of their attention on the defensive side of the ball, which wasn't the issue against Seattle. For much of that game Denver's defense did what they needed to do to stop the Seahawks. The offense just couldn't do a thing.
ThePrimeTime12

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
Personally, i think Denver could have beaten Seattle last season. The Seahawks showed up to play and Denver didn't.

With that, Denver has focused nearly all of their attention on the defensive side of the ball, which wasn't the issue against Seattle. For much of that game Denver's defense did what they needed to do to stop the Seahawks. The offense just couldn't do a thing.

The only thing I feel like Denver did right in that game was stop Marshawn Lynch. I wouldn't even say we stopped the run well considering Harvin broke off for big gains on those jet plays. I don't think Denver's defense was very good. It was definitely not the main reason why this team lost in the Superbowl though like we all thought. The defense couldn't get a stop on 3rd down in the 1st half (7/12 in 3rd down conversions in the game) and by the 2nd half this team officially gave up.

I think the Cardinals have done the best job in creating the blueprint to beat the Seahawks, and they did it at Seattle as well.

-Have a defense that can get into a grudge match with them
-Contain the outside, so Wilson can't break off and have a better vision downfield
-Don't turn the ball over (Cardinals actually lost this battle 2-4 but their defense kept them in the game)
-Have a power running attack, keeps the defense honest and the Seahawks can't constantly play pass like they did against us.

We had none of the above last season. I remember watching the game and being upset at our ends for rushing on the inside opposed to the outside. The team did just about everything the way you shouldn't do against them.

I feel like we have fixed most of these issues. We got rid of our fumble/boneheads in Decker and Holiday. We still have Peyton who can have a gunslinger mentality even though he has a noodle arm at this point. Our defense has improved and depending on the return of Miller, Harris, and if our defense can stay healthy, we could get into defensive grudge matches. Our running game will be better with the emergence of Montee Ball and the subtraction of Moreno. Ball is simply a better runner than him.

Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the same team as last time, we should have competed, but no aspect of the team showed up. Cut out the points Denver gifted to Seattle & change a couple overthrows to DT to long completions and you have a much closer game.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure many will call me a homer but I believe last year's Broncos without all the injuries would beat the Seahawks rather easily.

I think the Broncos probably played the worst game they were capable of playing in the Super Bowl. In my biased view, you play that game ten times with both teams at full strength and Denver wins 7 out of 10.

So yes, I believe this Broncos team is already better than Seattle. We need a couple more draft picks to cover a few holes but still I feel confident with the team we have.

Seattle's offense is middle of the pack at best. Good running game but Lynch is not going to get faster or better with age. And I dont care what anyone says, Wilson is over rated. He is a good leader and has all the intangibles one would want in a championship QB. However, he doesnt scare me with his passing ability and he is less dynamic on the ground than many other QBs in the league.

Those who are already crowning Seattle the next dynasty will be wrong.
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As others have said, I doubt very much that if those teams continuously played that game that Denver would lose that bad.

The Broncos were incredibly talented, and by the way, had shown the propensity to be able to play clock control and grind the ball out on the ground throughout the last few games of the season and the playoffs.

It was quite clear that the team got a bit off kilter right from the first snap. Defensively, Denver played well enough to win, at least in the beginning. The defense kept them within striking distance.

They gave up 27 points defensively, and even more off turnovers where Seattle got gifted good field position.

I think Denver is still capable of beating Seattle for a few reasons:

1. Health- No brainer here. The team wasn't healthy last year, and there's no telling what happens if they are.

2. Added defensive emphasis- we now have three big ticket studs on defense, and we haven't drafted yet. I think we see a major improvement here.

3. The coaches will have learned- Fox and the staff have made adjustments after seeing how they were beat/struggled in previous years. I see no reason why they can't do this again.

Thanks, Tzimisce
paul-mac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost hope we lose to them in the regular season(albeit not by 35 points) so that if we end up in a rematch down in Phoenix, we go in as heavy underdogs and the pressure is off a little.

Seattle has stagnated at best this offseason and we have gotten better, but I kinda fear that if we open up a can of whoop [inappropriate/removed] up in Seattle in the regular season then by the time the playoffs come around everyone will have forgotten about what happened a couple of months back and will be putting the Broncos on a pedestal.
The Helicopter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
I almost hope we lose to them in the regular season(albeit not by 35 points) so that if we end up in a rematch down in Phoenix, we go in as heavy underdogs and the pressure is off a little.

Seattle has stagnated at best this offseason and we have gotten better, but I kinda fear that if we open up a can of whoop [inappropriate/removed] up in Seattle in the regular season then by the time the playoffs come around everyone will have forgotten about what happened a couple of months back and will be putting the Broncos on a pedestal.

I hope we kick their arse, in their house. If they manage to make it back to the superbowl next year, I hope we kick their arse again.
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:

This line of thinking makes no sense to me. Beating a team once does not mean they will definitely beat you the next time. I hope we go in there and stomp them, and then do it again.

Thanks, Tzimisce
ThePrimeTime12

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
I'm sure many will call me a homer but I believe last year's Broncos without all the injuries would beat the Seahawks rather easily.

The offense was pretty close to being at 100%. The only guy that was missing was Ryan Clady but Orlando Franklin was the one getting beat by Cliff Avril, not Chris Clark.

Turnovers killed this team more than anything which is why I am glad we got rid of our most turnover prone players in Holiday and Decker. We still have Peyton but he really needs to learn how to not throw it into tight windows especially against that defense.

roar2014

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we are plus Clady, Moore, ward, talib, ware,miller,Harris,Wolfe,vickerson! + we got rid of some weak links like decker, Holliday, and overrated Beadles than ya we could put the whooping on them!
paul-mac

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roar2014 wrote:
If we are plus Clady, Moore, ward, talib, ware,miller,Harris,Wolfe,vickerson! + we got rid of some weak links like decker, Holliday, and overrated Beadles than ya we could put the whooping on them!

Right....

Decker was a "weak link"

Laughable
broncos67

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
roar2014 wrote:

Right....

Decker was a "weak link"

Laughable

I agree calling Decker a weak link is laughable, but if we're being honest, he fell off the map completely in the SB

Thanks, Tzimisce
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
roar2014 wrote:

Right....

Decker was a "weak link"

Laughable

I agree calling Decker a weak link is laughable, but if we're being honest, he fell off the map completely in the SB

To nobody's surprise. I would have been shocked to see Decker have a big game in the Super Bowl. Not fast enough to create separation and not physical enough to make contested catches.

Sanders would have given Seattle more fits IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remember..."Any Given Thursday!"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: