Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Team-by-Team NFL Draft Pick Listings
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Roadrunner


Joined: 20 Mar 2013
Posts: 809
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: 2014 Team-by-Team NFL Draft Pick Listings Reply with quote

I compiled a three page document containing each team's draft picks. Each team is listed alphabetically and includes team position needs according to Daniel Jeremiah's Needs Analysis. Under each team heading, their draft picks are listed by round and overall draft slot number. Compensatory picks based on free agents are listed, as are draft picks acquired through other transactions. The origin of draft picks obtained in transactions are noted. Also, each team's number of draft picks is listed next to the team's name.

Note: While I made an effort to be as thorough and accurate as possible, this was a tedious process. Therefore, it is possible there are minor errors or typos. If you notice errors that are of any consequence, let me know. Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0sufzR2kFS7TmR5NWU3S29McjA/edit?usp=sharing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bkokot


Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Posts: 1633
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome work Roadrunner!

AZ or SeaBears, can we get a sticky?

I made a copy of this from DraftTek, I think it will be useful as well.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nYTZHTTuPrlNaQWdgLDAGtL7qZ-hrDSz-mBhUhaUN1M/pubhtml


Last edited by bkokot on Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 10888
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkokot wrote:
Awesome work Roadrunner!

AZ or SeaBears, can we get a sticky?

Done.
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 18829
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work RR! Very useful....I'll be printing this out before I head to NYC
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SOCalBearsFan54


Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Posts: 748
Location: Los Angeles
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work, well done!
_________________


2014 Adopt a Bear: WR Brandon Marshall #15
Rec- 16 Yards- 144 TDs- 5 Tgts- 32
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roadrunner


Joined: 20 Mar 2013
Posts: 809
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I am very happy that you guys find it useful!

You know what they say...if you want it done right, do it yourself. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 16670
Location: Darien, IL
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadrunner wrote:
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I am very happy that you guys find it useful!

You know what they say...if you want it done right, do it yourself. Wink


That's why AZ stickyed this thread, I probably would have screwed up.
_________________
👮

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE


AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chisoxguy7


Joined: 17 Dec 2007
Posts: 2912
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I am very happy that you guys find it useful!

You know what they say...if you want it done right, do it yourself. Wink


That's why AZ stickyed this thread, I probably would have screwed up.


Rookie.
_________________


Adopted Bear: LB DJ Williams
Christmas List
Sack of Aaron Rodgers
Sack of Matthew Stafford
Tackle Adrian Peterson for loss

TFL: SACK: INT: FF: FR:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bkokot


Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Posts: 1633
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated my earlier post with a link to a google doc that has every pick with the team that currently owns that pick, and the trade value of that pick as well.

It was the only version I could find online with the teams actually on the draft value chart for the 2014 draft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roadrunner


Joined: 20 Mar 2013
Posts: 809
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkokot wrote:
I updated my earlier post with a link to a google doc that has every pick with the team that currently owns that pick, and the trade value of that pick as well.

It was the only version I could find online with the teams actually on the draft value chart for the 2014 draft.


...and that is a nice find, as well. Different people like to have information presented to them in different ways, and it seems that often each source has a one-size-fits-all approach. For understandable reasons, of course.

Ideally, I would like to have another list that is linear and use a separate Draft Value Chart. The chart exists, but I am not so sure that I am ambitious enough to make another chart that is linear.

Cutting, pasting, and re-formatting these things is deceptively more complicated and time-consuming than it looks. There is still almost a month left until the draft. If someone speaks up and wants a more linear chart, it might give me the motivation to make one since I kind of would like one myself.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roadrunner


Joined: 20 Mar 2013
Posts: 809
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I am very happy that you guys find it useful!

You know what they say...if you want it done right, do it yourself. Wink


That's why AZ stickyed this thread, I probably would have screwed up.


That is OK. We would have been here to make fun of....err, I mean to support you. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 10888
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I am very happy that you guys find it useful!

You know what they say...if you want it done right, do it yourself. Wink


That's why AZ stickyed this thread, I probably would have screwed up.

I mean, I AM the reigning Mod of the Year...
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 16670
Location: Darien, IL
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I am very happy that you guys find it useful!

You know what they say...if you want it done right, do it yourself. Wink


That's why AZ stickyed this thread, I probably would have screwed up.

I mean, I AM the reigning Mod of the Year...


It's fine, you're over 30 already - you're bound to decline just as I hit my prime. Wink
_________________
👮

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE


AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 10888
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I am very happy that you guys find it useful!

You know what they say...if you want it done right, do it yourself. Wink


That's why AZ stickyed this thread, I probably would have screwed up.

I mean, I AM the reigning Mod of the Year...


It's fine, you're over 30 already - you're bound to decline just as I hit my prime. Wink

I love the na´vetÚ in thinking this isn't your prime... Cool
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7925
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: 2014 Team-by-Team NFL Draft Pick Listings Reply with quote

Roadrunner wrote:
I compiled a three page document containing each team's draft picks. Each team is listed alphabetically and includes team position needs according to Daniel Jeremiah's Needs Analysis. Under each team heading, their draft picks are listed by round and overall draft slot number. Compensatory picks based on free agents are listed, as are draft picks acquired through other transactions. The origin of draft picks obtained in transactions are noted. Also, each team's number of draft picks is listed next to the team's name.

Note: While I made an effort to be as thorough and accurate as possible, this was a tedious process. Therefore, it is possible there are minor errors or typos. If you notice errors that are of any consequence, let me know. Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0sufzR2kFS7TmR5NWU3S29McjA/edit?usp=sharing
The Lazy of the World salute you. Why didn't the [inappropriate/removed] NFL do this?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group