Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 14 (Part II): Signups are open!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: FFMD 14 (Part II): Signups are open! Reply with quote

FFMD-II sign ups are now here.

For those unfamiliar with FFMD, the second one is what we call the simple one (which may or may not have something to do with why I volunteered to run it). No free agency, no salary cap concerns, just drafts and trades.

If you have interest in being a GM or a writer, follow the link below.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=545954
jch1911

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend one of the newbies be GM in FFMDII (I am especially looking at you Hannibal). Or on the flip side, if you have been a poster here and never had a chance, I would encourage it as well.

I would like to volunteer as AGM: (1) lot of time on my hands & (2) I REALLY am looking forward to the UDFA part of FFMDII. Cool
1 missed goal line FF (stupid refs Wink )
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FFMD 2 is fun
shep0507

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What all is involved in this and how time consuming is it? I assume that it is a time sucker, which I don't have time for, but I'm interested in learning more about this. Perhaps I could work in as staff?

Any information would be helpful.
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill be assistant manager of scouting.
Hannibal3188

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
I would recommend one of the newbies be GM in FFMDII (I am especially looking at you Hannibal). Or on the flip side, if you have been a poster here and never had a chance, I would encourage it as well.

I would like to volunteer as AGM: (1) lot of time on my hands & (2) I REALLY am looking forward to the UDFA part of FFMDII. Cool

Hah well I'd really like to GM this, but I'm not sure if I'll have the flexibility during business hours throughout the week to really put in the time that I'd like. Can anyone give me a rough timeline for when this will start/how long it will last?
jch1911

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FFMD Schedule

4/10 (COB): GM and Writer Announcements; Assembling of team staffs & War Rooms begin
4/11 (COB): Rosters frozen; Trading begins
4/14: Draft begins

FFMD2 rules: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=545952
Hannibal3188

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty then, I'm game. I just hope you'll be my AGM jch1911, as I feel we really developed a rapport of me talking your ear off in my messages during FFMDI Smile
jch1911

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shep0507 wrote:
What all is involved in this and how time consuming is it? I assume that it is a time sucker, which I don't have time for, but I'm interested in learning more about this. Perhaps I could work in as staff?

Shep... I would strongly encourage you to get involved. I thought you did a pretty good job with your mock draft and you definitely could contribute to the staff.

In essence, in FFMD2 the fans of this forum help the GM in terms of (1) targeting players for trade; (2) helping with player evaluations; and (3) voting on draft picks.
shep0507

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
shep0507 wrote:

Shep... I would strongly encourage you to get involved. I thought you did a pretty good job with your mock draft and you definitely could contribute to the staff.

In essence, in FFMD2 the fans of this forum help the GM in terms of (1) targeting players for trade; (2) helping with player evaluations; and (3) voting on draft picks.

I would even be interested in being GM, the problem with any of my involvment is that I'll be out of town Saturday night and working all weekend so my availabilty is gonig to be minimal this weekend. I'll definetly help out however you guys want.

Out of curiosity, of those of us who have been commenting on this, who all is for a 1st round trade back, and who wants to make the pick at #1?

I'm for a trade back to between 3 and 6 if we can swing it, otherwise I'm big on Bridgewater or Mack at #1.
jch1911

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shep0507 wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
shep0507 wrote:

I would even be interested in being GM, the problem with any of my involvment is that I'll be out of town Saturday night and working all weekend so my availabilty is gonig to be minimal this weekend. I'll definetly help out however you guys want.

Out of curiosity, of those of us who have been commenting on this, who all is for a 1st round trade back, and who wants to make the pick at #1?

I'm for a trade back to between 3 and 6 if we can swing it, otherwise I'm big on Bridgewater or Mack at #1.

I think Hannibal threw his hat in the ring for GM. I was willing to be AGM b/c I have time on my hands (between classes & while baby is asleep). But if you want to be AGM, I can take a back seat. I just want to be able to sign UDFAs b/c that's what I love in FFMD2... lmao

Also, I would be in favor of a trade back IF someone is willing to move up. That should be saved for the war room... once it is constructed.
shep0507

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
shep0507 wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
shep0507 wrote:

I think Hannibal threw his hat in the ring for GM. I was willing to be AGM b/c I have time on my hands (between classes & while baby is asleep). But if you want to be AGM, I can take a back seat. I just want to be able to sign UDFAs b/c that's what I love in FFMD2... lmao

Also, I would be in favor of a trade back IF someone is willing to move up. That should be saved for the war room... once it is constructed.

Being that you have done these, I think we should keep you as the AGM for the experience level. I'll help out how ever needed, I'm perfectly fine with Hannibal as GM, I'd just like to be involved.
texandominance

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to be the GM of one of these things eventually, but right now my free time is minimal
jch1911

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texandominance wrote:
I would like to be the GM of one of these things eventually, but right now my free time is minimal

You should absolutely do it - when you have the time. FFMD2 requires less time than FFMD1 (b/c of no free agency) - IJS.

Your call! Wink
shep0507

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that the GM's were announced, what's next?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: