Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Titans OTA'S/MiniCamp/TC Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45, 46  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
SerenityNow wrote:
Justin615$ wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:
Titans claim WR TJ Graham

Quote:
Titans claimed WR T.J. Graham off waivers from the Bills.

Graham, a third-round pick of the Bills in 2012, had been on the trade block after falling behind Robert Woods last season. He'll compete for snaps behind the Titans' top-three of Kendall Wright, Nate Washington and Justin Hunter.

I like it. He's always had a ton of upside, and I have no doubts that Shawn Jefferson can get the absolute best out of any receiver. T.J. has had some issues with drops so far in his career, and Coach Jefferson is not going to put up with that at all. I think Jefferson is really going to push him to reach that potential. Hopefully we'll be able to see some big plays from him this season.

You mean like he did with Kenny Britt, who also had drop issues?

Also, I get that everyone wants Michael Preston to be the new Drew Bennett story of an undrafted player turned major contributor, but people need to get over it. Regardless of how much Preston has busted his butt, the truth is that he's just not that talented. What we see now is likely his ceiling and that ceiling is a 4th-5th WR and a fringe roster spot. Michael Preston is a poor man's Justin Gage. Graham and Durham are both more talented.

Britt's issues were work ethic and off the field troubles. Jefferson only had one season with him, and it was clear Britt had given up. He might have had drop issues his entire career, but he just plain didn't care last season.

Anyway, if Jefferson has give up on Preston, so be it. Jefferson has earned the benefit of the doubt, IMO.

#1CB Jason McCourty
2014 Stats - 5 Games(Missed 2nd half of week 2/Played hurt week 3)/2 INTs/78.0 QB rating when thrown at
LT Michael Roos
Out for the year. Thanks for the great years, Roos.
Ockham

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are assuming Jefferson made decision.

Jefferson on Preston: "He right now is the guy that knows everything. I can plug him in at any position and he'll make plays for us. I like the progress he is making. We have a lot of competition in that group, and I know Michael is going to work every day and compete and he has the ability."

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keeping Derek Hagan over Michael Preston is quite the head scratcher to me, but I guess that we saw Durham as the same type of receiver that Michael Preston is with being a big body/red zone target, and Derek Hagan is more of a possession receiver. So, theoretically all three of the guys we added should offer us something different in the passing game. Graham should be a speedy slot receiver, Durham should be a big bodied receiver that we can throw out there in the red zone, and Derek Hagan should be a possession guy that can help move the chains. I don't think Hagan plays special teams though while Preston did, so a pretty surprising move really.

Credit to Sandwich for the signature!
2014 Adopt-A-Titan: Delanie Walker & Taylor Lewan
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a little info on Kris Durham for you guys:

positives:
He's tall!
He can block

negatives:
pretty much everything else. Things like hands, speed, agility, route running, and ball skills aren't things about him I'd consider "positive"
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SerenityNow wrote:
Keeping Derek Hagan over Michael Preston is quite the head scratcher to me, but I guess that we saw Durham as the same type of receiver that Michael Preston is with being a big body/red zone target, and Derek Hagan is more of a possession receiver. So, theoretically all three of the guys we added should offer us something different in the passing game. Graham should be a speedy slot receiver, Durham should be a big bodied receiver that we can throw out there in the red zone, and Derek Hagan should be a possession guy that can help move the chains. I don't think Hagan plays special teams though while Preston did, so a pretty surprising move really.

Reports were that Hagan was catching everything threw his way and could play all the positions. Similar to I think Preston. He is faster too I think.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ockham wrote:

Jefferson on Preston: "He right now is the guy that knows everything. I can plug him in at any position and he'll make plays for us. I like the progress he is making. We have a lot of competition in that group, and I know Michael is going to work every day and compete and he has the ability."

I have no reason to believe Whiz/Ruston cut WRs without Jefferson's input.

#1CB Jason McCourty
2014 Stats - 5 Games(Missed 2nd half of week 2/Played hurt week 3)/2 INTs/78.0 QB rating when thrown at
LT Michael Roos
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Just a little info on Kris Durham for you guys:

positives:
He's tall!
He can block

negatives:
pretty much everything else. Things like hands, speed, agility, route running, and ball skills aren't things about him I'd consider "positive"

Shocked

Yikes.

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
-Nate "The Great" Washington
Rec: 12 Yds: 160 TD: 0
-Ryan Succop
FG: 9/11 Long: 47
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jim Wyatt ‏@jwyattsports 3m

#Titans expected to sign ex-Chiefs kicker Ryan Succop, sources say http://tnne.ws/1lrR7wQ

#1CB Jason McCourty
LT Michael Roos
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Ockham wrote:

I have no reason to believe Whiz/Ruston cut WRs without Jefferson's input.

You should because Whiz/Ruston control the personnel. Sure they talk to him, but its not like Jefferson's saying "yea keep this guy, but cut that guy", that's not his job. And its not always a case of not wanting a player. Usually its a case of wanting someone else more or believing someone else is a better fit. People want to make the Preston thing out to be personal, its not. The coaching staff looks past the sentimental attachment and fans struggle with that.

They evaluated Hagan to be better, and they have more to go off of then preseason games and twitter reports from TC. I don't see how cutting a WR who has 10 career receptions for one that has 129 constitutes a questionable move. They want more experience in the lineup it appears.

**RIP Steve McNair**
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:
SerenityNow wrote:
Justin615$ wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:

Quote:

Graham, a third-round pick of the Bills in 2012, had been on the trade block after falling behind Robert Woods last season. He'll compete for snaps behind the Titans' top-three of Kendall Wright, Nate Washington and Justin Hunter.

I like it. He's always had a ton of upside, and I have no doubts that Shawn Jefferson can get the absolute best out of any receiver. T.J. has had some issues with drops so far in his career, and Coach Jefferson is not going to put up with that at all. I think Jefferson is really going to push him to reach that potential. Hopefully we'll be able to see some big plays from him this season.

Also, I get that everyone wants Michael Preston to be the new Drew Bennett story of an undrafted player turned major contributor, but people need to get over it. Regardless of how much Preston has busted his butt, the truth is that he's just not that talented. What we see now is likely his ceiling and that ceiling is a 4th-5th WR and a fringe roster spot. Michael Preston is a poor man's Justin Gage. Graham and Durham are both more talented.

Britt's issues were work ethic and off the field troubles. Jefferson only had one season with him, and it was clear Britt had given up. He might have had drop issues his entire career, but he just plain didn't care last season.

Anyway, if Jefferson has give up on Preston, so be it. Jefferson has earned the benefit of the doubt, IMO.

Isn't work ethic supposed to be one of those things Jefferson is so good at getting out of his WR's? You said it yourself that Jefferson could get the most out of any WR. So he put up with Britt, but won't with TJ?

Britt no significant off field problems before last season and I find it hard to believe that Britt just "didn't care" about his production in a contract year.

**RIP Steve McNair**
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Ryan Mallett to Houston. That's disappointing.

Why? He was likely going to be cut by New England anyways.

**RIP Steve McNair**
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:
SerenityNow wrote:
Justin615$ wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:

Quote:

Isn't work ethic supposed to be one of those things Jefferson is so good at getting out of his WR's? You said it yourself that Jefferson could get the most out of any WR. So he put up with Britt, but won't with TJ?

Britt no significant off field problems before last season and I find it hard to believe that Britt just "didn't care" about his production in a contract year.

You don't make the drops Britt did and then claim he was giving it his all. Britt had the worst catch percentage(33%) of any WR who played at least 25% of the teams snaps, and when you include every WR in the NFL, the only people worse than him have 7 or less targets.

The guy was trash last year, and it was his own fault. He didn't want to be coached and clearly didn't care about the team. Also had 7 drops despite how little we threw to him as the year went on.

Jefferson has a track record of success. Britt has a ton of talent and even without a good coach showed he had better talent than that. He himself just didn't care. Nothing any coach in the NFL could do anything about.

Shawn Jefferson isn't some god or anything, but he's a really good WR coach, and there's a reason he's trusted. He's done a good job with Hunter and Wright(also give a lot of credit to Nate Washington for helping them along as well).

#1CB Jason McCourty
LT Michael Roos
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Ryan Mallett to Houston. That's disappointing.

Why? He was likely going to be cut by New England anyways.

If he has any success, he will be the first one I know of that does, after joining a team so late.

I don't even know if he will start until later at the season, the earliest.
Ryan Mallet in Houston scares me not.
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should've drafted EJ Gaines from the ZOUUUU who is apparently killing it in STL.

Then we wouldn't have to worry about our #2 corner for the next 10 years

the boy's a beast!!

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
Justin615$

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@jwyattsports
The #Titans are signing linebacker Quentin Groves today, sources say.

Quote:
@jwyattsports
The #Titans are releasing linebacker Patrick Bailey

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Michael Griffin : 50 TKLS, 2 SACKS, 2 INTS, 2 PDEF
2. Mike Martin : 9 TKLS, 0 SACKS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 44 of 46

Jump to: