Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Titans OTA'S/MiniCamp/TC Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY-FTW wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:
Titans release Michael Preston im not a fan of this the guys done nothing but work his butt off hopefully hes resigned to the practice squad

To keep Hagen (Spelling?) over Preston really upsets me TBH. Guy has done nothing for this team but yet we cut a guy like you said works his butt of to make this team and this is how he is rewarded? Cut a week before the 1st game? Stupid STUPID move.

1st move I truly do not like this offseason.

Not happy right now..

ALL of this x1000. Hagen is damn near at the end of his career and still showing nothing, even as a depth player. This was Preston's time, FINALLY, and now we cut him? Man, I'm not feeling this sh-t at all. 100% bitter over here.
BurheadTitans

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutting Preston sucks, I'd rather cut Derek Hagan and keep Preston. At least he has some form of special teams ability.
Baseball: Cincinnati Reds

Tennessee Titans (FFMD 2014) Offensive Coordinator
lamont

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There must be something behind the scenes with Preston?

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
titans0021

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Titans waived WR Michael Preston.

Why do bad teams stay bad? Because they make moves like cutting 6-foot-5, 213-pound Preston in favor of 5-foot-11, 188-pound T.J. Graham. Preston converted two of his five catches into touchdowns last season, and could've helped the Titans in the red zone. Graham likely isn't going to help anyone.
Why do I continue to not take rotoworld seriously? Because they pretend that waiving a guy with five catches that was likely going to be the 4th or 5th wide receiver is a reason that bad teams stay bad.

Sidenote: We signed Kris Durham, who was likely who we chose over Preston as they have similar size.
grizzans3222

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We also got Brandon Harris and Kris Durham
TheMonarch1110

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grizzans3222 wrote:

I liked Durham in Detroit last season. Even had him on my fantasy team on the bench for a couple weeks. This is the best receiving core we have had in a while. Wish we would've kept Preston instead, but the additions have been pretty great.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMonarch1110 wrote:
grizzans3222 wrote:

I liked Durham in Detroit last season. Even had him on my fantasy team on the bench for a couple weeks. This is the best receiving core we have had in a while. Wish we would've kept Preston instead, but the additions have been pretty great.

OK, I'm feeling a little better with the Kris Durham move, but raising my eyebrow at bringing in Brandon Harris.
So who are we releasing this time?
EDIT: Wooten and Vallos are gone.

Justin615$

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
TheMonarch1110 wrote:
grizzans3222 wrote:

OK, I'm feeling a little better with the Kris Durham move, but raising my eyebrow at bringing in Brandon Harris.
So who are we releasing this time?
EDIT: Wooten and Vallos are gone.

Yeah lol I am feeling better too. I had a small panic attack for some reason but this is better Laughing

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Michael Griffin : 105 TKLS, 3 SACKS, 2 INTS, 4 PDEF
2. Mike Martin : 12 TKLS, 0 SACKS
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Harris being a former Cane but he hasn't been the same since Floyd bullied him in the Sun Bowl. He's been horrible as a pro. Very questionable decisions by this staff....

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon Harris?

Coming into the draft I thought he was going to be pretty good... I was wrong.

Then I saw all these texans fans on twitter so happy he was cut. Kinda like we were when we cut that bum Eugene Amano and I just knew we were going to sign him Laughing

Still not happy with Hegan over Preston. Cut Hegan for Kris and we have a really REALLY nice WR group full of speed size veteran leadership youth potential everything you want... Oh well. Maybe they knew Kris was going to play ahead of preston and they wanted to give him a shot to get on the field with another team this year.

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
-Nate "The Great" Washington
Rec: 12 Yds: 160 TD: 0
-Ryan Succop
FG: 9/11 Long: 47
titans0021

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, it's fully possible Preston ends up on the practice squad this year.
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SerenityNow wrote:
Justin615$ wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:
Titans claim WR TJ Graham

Quote:
Titans claimed WR T.J. Graham off waivers from the Bills.

Graham, a third-round pick of the Bills in 2012, had been on the trade block after falling behind Robert Woods last season. He'll compete for snaps behind the Titans' top-three of Kendall Wright, Nate Washington and Justin Hunter.

I like it. He's always had a ton of upside, and I have no doubts that Shawn Jefferson can get the absolute best out of any receiver. T.J. has had some issues with drops so far in his career, and Coach Jefferson is not going to put up with that at all. I think Jefferson is really going to push him to reach that potential. Hopefully we'll be able to see some big plays from him this season.

You mean like he did with Kenny Britt, who also had drop issues?

Also, I get that everyone wants Michael Preston to be the new Drew Bennett story of an undrafted player turned major contributor, but people need to get over it. Regardless of how much Preston has busted his butt, the truth is that he's just not that talented. What we see now is likely his ceiling and that ceiling is a 4th-5th WR and a fringe roster spot. Michael Preston is a poor man's Justin Gage. Graham and Durham are both more talented.

**RIP Steve McNair**
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY-FTW wrote:
Brandon Harris?

Coming into the draft I thought he was going to be pretty good... I was wrong.

Then I saw all these texans fans on twitter so happy he was cut. Kinda like we were when we cut that bum Eugene Amano and I just knew we were going to sign him
Laughing

Still not happy with Hegan over Preston. Cut Hegan for Kris and we have a really REALLY nice WR group full of speed size veteran leadership youth potential everything you want... Oh well. Maybe they knew Kris was going to play ahead of preston and they wanted to give him a shot to get on the field with another team this year.

Maybe Whiz and Co. think we can find a way to redeem his career or something, IDK. Probably have certain ways to use him. We just have to wait and see. But the whole time he's been here in Houston, I haven't heard any glowing reviews about his play. It seems like either a lateral move or complete downgrade from Wooten.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know everyone loves the fan favorite. I liked Preston, but he could never get past that 4th spot. With this staff or that last.

Maybe he catches on somewhere else maybe he comes back for practice squad. In years past, he might have been our #1 WR. But we have talent at the position.
Like stated earlier, Graham and Durham both can be considered upgrades. Graham has return ability as well. Durham is a tall guy so we have some red-zone stuff there.

I actually wanted us to draft Durham coming out of Georgia. So this is a good move in my mind.

Brandon Harris is whatever....No real feelings about that. He was highly rated coming out of school, so nothing wrong with having some new potential on the team. Got weary of Campbell's "Potential"
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also didn't know much about Kris. But hes for sure an upgrade. And T.J. has a higher ceiling. BUT I still don't get Hegan > Preston

Is Preston still eligible for the PS? I don't know much about PS stuff.

Glad we got Andrews to the PS tho. I have a feeling when (Not IF) Greene goes down he gets called up.

I really have to learn not to post right after I read news Laughing I always lose it then after an hour of thinking about it I'm like "Yeah okay I get it"

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
-Nate "The Great" Washington
Rec: 12 Yds: 160 TD: 0
-Ryan Succop
FG: 9/11 Long: 47

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 43 of 46

Jump to: